Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:15:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: so btc value is finished?  (Read 9263 times)
Drai

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:15:34 AM

...all the time there is someone that find bitcoin useful to manage his business, buy and use bitcoins( maybe with the aim to produce devaluetion of bitcoin )
then some limitation stop this activity, and due to significance of this volume of bitcoins in relation with the overall bitcoin use, we see astonished what effects can produce.

You said right, do not give-up! This is what they want, because if bitcoin-based economy grow, these effects will be even more insgnificant, up to subtract power at them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:25:53 AM

The problem is that you never know what news can push it up or down. Who know what tomorrow holds.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:00:32 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 12:31:46 PM by atp1916

The problem is that you never know what news can push it up or down. Who know what tomorrow holds.

It sure as hell won't be about the damn Chinese government doing this or that with their laws about Bitcoin.  

News from China has been about the only type of negative press in the Bitcoin sector at all (except for Gox and some of the minor exchanges).

OTOH, if you look at market news coming out of non-Communist markets like the US, it's been all positive.

Communism can take a hike.  
go4nature

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:52:09 PM

I am not loosing my hope. Btc price will soon recover. With in 3-4 month it will reach around $1000 again.

atp1916
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:01:21 PM

The sheer amount of institutional capital flowing from US market entities into the protocol platform/services start-up ecosystem is ensuring that the protocol technology will be integrated into the market sooner or later.  This implies that there will be a 'critical mass' period at some point in the near future.

China exiting means those bastards can't siphon off the capital being put forth in the USA and other places to actually grow the technology.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:17:32 PM

The sheer amount of institutional capital flowing from US market entities into the protocol platform/services start-up ecosystem is ensuring that the protocol technology will be integrated into the market sooner or later.  This implies that there will be a 'critical mass' period at some point in the near future.

China exiting means those bastards can't siphon off the capital being put forth in the USA and other places to actually grow the technology.

Better days are coming soon enough.
How soon?
Why does this take so long?   Cheesy

redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:39:18 PM

That's like saying the value of the US dollar is finished now because the EUR/USD has risen from 1.0 to 1.37 over the last two decades.
rikkie

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 09:42:51 PM

Nobody can predict when or so.... WIth some patience it will go up again;
thresher (OP)

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:59:32 PM

That's like saying the value of the US dollar is finished now because the EUR/USD has risen from 1.0 to 1.37 over the last two decades.

Your correlation has nothing to do with bitcoin value. 
Comparing a traditional fiat to another is not the same as bitcoin to a fiat. 
Furthermore, many have argued how weak the usd was during the initial adoption of the euro (these days I don't pay attention or give a shit), so even if your correlation was legitimate it would show that bitcoin value is looking grim.

Just waiting for this magical april 16th to come, since it is apparently one of those days...
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:14:30 AM

Your correlation has nothing to do with bitcoin value.
Comparing a traditional fiat to another is not the same as bitcoin to a fiat.
Furthermore, many have argued how weak the usd was during the initial adoption of the euro (these days I don't pay attention or give a shit), so even if your correlation was legitimate it would show that bitcoin value is looking grim.

Just waiting for this magical april 16th to come, since it is apparently one of those days...

U think i will be in April, i think more in June, summer n vacation time, then it will be price change.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Easy2Mine

einc.io

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:07:43 AM

Bitcoin will be around 200 soon, there are better coins now. Bitcoin has no advantage other than being the first

Bitcoin may not be the best, and it's only advantage may be that it was first, but in reality that is a HUGE, HUUUUGGEEE advantage. Probably the biggest advantage you can have. To be more clear, it's actually not the fact that it came first that gives it an advantage, but rather the fact that it currently is the most popular by far (because it gained popularity before others did). This is why Facebook is so much more popular than Google+. It is why YouTube is more popular than Vimeo. The thing that becomes more popular first tends to stay the most popular by far. These trends can even be (and often are) mathematically modeled using graphs of social networks.

Consider a graph with nodes and edges, where each node represents a cryptocurrency user and each edge represents a transaction between two users. Connected nodes want to be using the same cryptocurrency, otherwise they can't trade with each other. Each node has a rule that it will adopt the cryptocurrency that is used by more than a certain percent (let's say 50%) of its connected nodes. You can see how if the majority of the nodes use bitcoin, the phenomenon will spread and almost everybody will use it. In order to change that and have everybody use, say Litecoin, you need to have enough people adopt Litecoin such that the majority of every node's neighboring nodes adopted litecoin. It is difficult to explain this without drawing it, but hopefully you get my main point: inertia is powerful, and bitcoin still has a TON of it.

Kevin is totally right, let me put it in another way.
Not everyone is a nerd here, we have to keep things simple for the majority to understand it.
With technology, it is not always the best systems that survives.
Look at
VHS (worst video system of all 3)
Betamax (second best video system)
Video2000 (best videosystem)
and who survived, its all about adoption.
At the end VHS survive, the best system dropped out before the other systems.

cobra89y

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:12:21 AM

Well u can hold or sell, your choice. I think most people believe the price will go up agian.
frobley

Activity: 708

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:53:15 AM

Well u can hold or sell, your choice. I think most people believe the price will go up agian.

exactly, and when there's too many bulls...
(don't forget people are making many $$$ from their short positions)
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:05:41 PM

The sheer amount of institutional capital flowing from US market entities into the protocol platform/services start-up ecosystem is ensuring that the protocol technology will be integrated into the market sooner or later.  This implies that there will be a 'critical mass' period at some point in the near future.

Too true.  

These "alts that are better than bitcoin" are often just pump-and-dumps with no true changes except different block generation rates, with much less hash power and consequently much less security.  Remember bitcoin was "done" when it hit the double digits then dropped back to the single digits, it was "done" at dollar parity etc.

Adoption will continue, and that will impact the price.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:36:34 PM

Btc value won't be finished until after a fiat is gone.  When btc value is finished, 1.000.000 btc will buy a largish European nation.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Drai

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:09:12 AM

Btc value won't be finished until after a fiat is gone.  When btc value is finished, 1.000.000 btc will buy a largish European nation.

I don't understand very well, but I like your assertion Cheesy

GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:22:24 PM

I don't understand very well, but I like your assertion Cheesy

Me either, maybe sarcasm Grin
ensarwyckven

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 12:31:04 AM

Bitcoins value and price will fluctuate over time but in the long run Bitcoins price and value will go up.
Predatorian

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:05:32 AM

Just be patient, btc now got hard time, but in future i'm sure will be most value currency in world

dmeter

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:32:05 PM

Russia ban US dolar 04.04 2014 russia sale wepon and oil/gas only in rusian ruble,euro and Renminbi Payments.and say ruble go on gold standard.germany-China use euro-Renminbi,Australia
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: