Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:58:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Religion be Used as Coin Campaign?  (Read 311 times)
Nerdy doctor

Activity: 281
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 03:48:35 PM

Bitcoin and religion has nothing to do with each other. Today, most clerics and priests have strayed from the teachings of Christ of whom they claim to follow. In my opinion, these clerics and religious establishments have lost the credibility to tell me what is and not good.
Religion should stick to the business of robbing people in the name of God.
Any religious establishment advocating for the use of bitcoin probably accepts bitcoin for offerings and donations, meant for God of course.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bamjos

Activity: 71
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 10:19:07 PM

In disabusing this mindset attached to Bitcoin investments, the church is instrumental in carrying out good campaigns to open up this treasure to members of denominations. Most religions or churches in the Orthodox era were remembered for the use of coins  in the process of transaction.
Are you aware that there are a lot of Cristhians who have the mentality that cryptocurrency and most of the Electronic Banking system of this generation is the mark of the beast (have you heard of Christianity in Nigeria before?)? Some ministers even preach against it and have been successful in filling the minds of their members with cryptocurrency's ridiculous myths. How then could these people be appealed to to consider cryptocurrency by same ministers who have told them evil things about it.

Biblical reference to coin was made by Jesus who made reference to the two sides of the Roman currency which contains the face of the Roman king. The coin based economies were valued treasures with affordable standard of living among individuals in societies. What seem to be different is the visibility and touchable nature of a coin on one hand and the non touchable nature of the other.

I'm afraid we can't use this scenario to support this argument. The currency Jesus made reference to was then used and accepted by everyone, it's a currency that was legally approved. But in the case of cryptocurrency, many countries have not approved it, some are even hunting their citizens that are involved with cryotocurrency. So, there's no way religion (church) can bridge the gap that's been described in this thread when governmental body hasn't approved it.
Remember the scripture says in the Book of Romans 13:1 that:
1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

The NKJV name this chapter "Obey the Government"; I want to believe that the scripture is self explanatory. With this point in view, how can a church campaign for what it's government has disapproved (yet to approve)?
maikrothaman

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

PandoraCash.com anonymous money

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2022, 11:25:32 AM

Bitcoin is a technological innovation. As such it generates interest as vehicle for quick profit (such is the case of majority of members here), followed by EGO of earlier adopters. Those along with minority of technocrats present sometimes "fetishizes" this technology to the point of obssesion. But that doesnt make it religion. Fashion? Perhaps.

Same thing happened back in the day during dot.com boom, before that to personal computer boom, to firearms boom. Etc. etc.

All of these people above will one day move to the next big thing or just will get old  Wink

Now, organized religion is something entirely different as it is not based around material possesions or avalaible technical equipment. Religion dictates upon indvidual strict belief system, that molds him into part of a community, something greater, that endures time and conflicts.

Bitcoin for the time being can complement religion XY as useful tool and vice versa. But those two are and will be separate things as they appeal to different parts of human psyche.

Pandora Cash is the bitcoin killer
Untraceable, anonymous e-cash money
Private assets, unlinkable transactions, anonymous marketplace
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 02:14:26 PM

Biblical reference to coin was made by Jesus who made reference to the two sides of the Roman currency which contains the face of the Roman king.
The scene you alluded to here has nothing to do with investment. It was Jesus' way of showing the need for taxation in the system. Even as that is, most christians would rather tithe than pay tax to constituent authority. That's wrong, anyway. Answering your question, I don't think religion should be used as coin campaign. That will be mixing religion with business or economics. I've had cases where I stayed out of investments simply because owners tilted it with religion. My reason being that they will mess it up with emotion. Most people in religion are bias and will take decisions based on emotions instead of on fact.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Masplanc

Activity: 798
Merit: 34

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 09:55:53 PM

I don't see religion and bitcoin to have anything or any connection,  using religion to make awareness about bitcoin is big deviation which is supposed to take place. Let religion be religion and let it serves it purpose only. Bitcoin can still get awareness without religion,  I don't think this is a good idea.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2022, 11:14:57 PM

I don't see religion and bitcoin to have anything or any connection,  using religion to make awareness about bitcoin is big deviation which is supposed to take place. Let religion be religion and let it serves it purpose only. Bitcoin can still get awareness without religion,  I don't think this is a good idea.
True, I think it's very far for them to have a connection.
Religion is a different thing to talk about especially if you can relate it to Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
There are lot of people these days are fighting for their religion which is for me is very non sense, look how toxic those people and now involvement of cryptocurrency with religion, I can't imagine it.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1428
Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 11:33:50 PM

Bitcoin and religion has nothing to do with each other. Today, most clerics and priests have strayed from the teachings of Christ of whom they claim to follow. In my opinion, these clerics and religious establishments have lost the credibility to tell me what is and not good.
Religion should stick to the business of robbing people in the name of God.
Any religious establishment advocating for the use of bitcoin probably accepts bitcoin for offerings and donations, meant for God of course.
When say religion we should know the basic understanding of the ideas of the presenter, actually the question should go back this way. Does or can fiat currency used as money for campaign? So what ever is the results belong is automatically were Bitcoin belongs, so their is no misconception or misunderstanding towards the scenario as illustration. Because it's very obvious that the connection between religion and Bitcoin is differ with elongation of distance.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
maikrothaman

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

PandoraCash.com anonymous money

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2022, 08:39:45 AM

The biblical reference to money was made by Jesus who referred to the two sides of the Roman coin that contains the face of the Roman king. Coins-based economies were precious treasures with an affordable standard of living among individuals in societies. What seems to be different is the visibility and touchable nature of a room on the one hand and the non-touchable nature on the other. A simple question to ask is: what is the visible proof of money in the bank account and a coin in a wallet. If a person can develop trust about money in the bank, the same person should trust the visibility of a coin in a wallet.

Pandora Cash is the bitcoin killer
Untraceable, anonymous e-cash money
Private assets, unlinkable transactions, anonymous marketplace
Proro

Activity: 74
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 05:29:49 AM

Well I won't agree with you on that, because most of the members in d church are not too knowledge able about Crypto-Currency and when u start campaign it some will join blindly not knowing the total details of what they are about to do. If any crash comes up or the value of the coin is dropped, and they didn't make profit the members will think u have defrauded them.

That aside one should not bring up business in the church of God. The church should be sacrosanct and be used only for the worship of God like Jesus pointed out in the scripture that his father's house should be a home of prayer and not of business
Israelgogo

Activity: 70
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 03:34:54 AM

Previous elections has proving that religion is an instrument or a tool to campaign for election.

During election campaigns period ,the politicians make use of religious rulers, clergy men to campaign ,where a pastor or an imam with huge congregations and alot of branches nationwide will invite the politicians to their place of worship and influence it members to vote for them ,then instruct all the district pastors or imam to canverse for the politicians, this can be success because many people see their religious rulers as been perfect and men of God who knows best, as so they can easily convince their members to vote their choice as men of God,rulers with populated members ,also popularly known and respected.
Ignorance makes this member do as their clergy men as instructed not considering their own personal choice of interest or say.
Mate2237 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 580

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2022, 10:21:47 PM

One important thing we need to know is that Zugacoin is owned by Bishop Samzuga. This gives a view of genuiness in using it in church and other markets. So the church can put a stop to Bitcoin corruption and scamming .

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀