Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:57:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook free speech is dead it's time we move to non US social networks  (Read 225 times)
sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:16:13 PM

This computer age has made man loose freedom and privacy. The truth is that most people cannot do without these social media platforms. Some businesses must use facebook for them to reach their target customers. Most politicians must use twitter to reach their audience. Donald Trump is experimenting with Truth Social to compete with this big tech companies but it has failed to meet its expectations. As long as we must communicate, then these social media are important, hence we must abide by their rules in order to enjoy or use the service they offer. There would never be a perfect social media platform.
Once in an interview someone asked Mark Zuckerberg - would you like to tell us in which hotel you stayed last week - Mark said - NO!
The person asked again - would you like to tell us who you meet last night - he again said No, than he said - the same is the privacy of the people which you are compromising. For everyone rules are different for self and for others.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theCommittalist

Activity: 94
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 02:51:55 PM

How about a decentralised social media platform, with integrated support for automatic universal language translation and allowing users to select their fluency preference?

It has to be somewhere in the pipeline as one of the next significant innovations in the social media internet, anyone agree?

Or, better yet, have any technical knowledge about how this might work?

I believe the technology would be workable but that the politics and ethos are still lacking.

It would represent a worldwide contact point for everyone on earth and challenge a lot of the stagnant analogue paradigms seeming to get in our way right now. From the outset, such a site would challenge the power of any state to control the expressed opinions of its citizens. It could also make the process of globalization friendlier to the individual and the indiscriminate social element. It must also create more transparency about which states and territories are against such developments. And provide a more responsively international internet.

Thanks for reading, and have a fine day/night wherever you are!

TC
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 05:04:55 PM

Facebook free speech is dead it's time we move to non US social networks

“Whether you like Facebook or not, we need to recognize what is at stake and come together to stand for free expression at this critical moment,” he said.

But after being deluged with misinformation about COVID-19, hate, and false claims of election fraud—some of which came directly from then-President Donald Trump—Facebook has all but said: "Nevermind, forget what our CEO said."

Under fire, the company has almost entirely reversed course on its free speech haven by clamping down on hate, increasing penalties for users who repeatedly share misinformation, and linking readers of any post related to COVID-19 to information from government sources.

https://fortune.com/2021/06/04/facebook-free-speech-politicians-policy-newsworthiness-hate-speech-misinformation/
There are already decentralized social platforms on the blockchain, like Open Chat on the internet computer and myriad social on Octopus Network.
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 10:32:24 PM

Facebook free speech is dead it's time we move to non US social networks

“Whether you like Facebook or not, we need to recognize what is at stake and come together to stand for free expression at this critical moment,” he said.

But after being deluged with misinformation about COVID-19, hate, and false claims of election fraud—some of which came directly from then-President Donald Trump—Facebook has all but said: "Nevermind, forget what our CEO said."

Under fire, the company has almost entirely reversed course on its free speech haven by clamping down on hate, increasing penalties for users who repeatedly share misinformation, and linking readers of any post related to COVID-19 to information from government sources.

https://fortune.com/2021/06/04/facebook-free-speech-politicians-policy-newsworthiness-hate-speech-misinformation/
I have already stopped using fb - I don't know but I am switched to twitter already.
Fb and instagram have some strict policies and so does twitter. And also it is good to keep your emotions in control while posting on social media. My 2 cents.
different people like different social media, i can see that people have started getting afraid of Facebook social media because of it control and it's level of deviates altitude of scam. Facebook has different criteria and policies which guide it and restricted some measure that guide it. Even people who is using social media is not safe of using both Instagram and twitter. What i will contribute is that all the social media have it's policy's
theCommittalist

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 07:46:36 PM

Do they have automatic translation for all users though?

And do you think it will go mainstream? I know many have an instinct that mainstream is 'uncool', but I have a feeling that decentralised global communication with automatic translations for all users who choose their fluency could be really important.
TheNineClub

Activity: 616
Merit: 161

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 08:06:21 PM

Free speech is not something that's an issue on just US social media or is it a rhing of the US per se, rather it's a knee jerk reaction to standard bussines concepts of being responsible to it shareholders and their bottom line, so the idea is not to stray to far from the center as that brings in the most people and with that more money.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 08:46:39 PM

The social media giants don't actually owe anyone the right to free speech.

They become de facto town square, as Elon Musk puts it, which warrants at least some ability to speak freely without censorship.

Most popular social media is annoying though as paid content gets boosted the most out of everything and can also lead to misinformation and manipulation of the viewers (which itself can undermine both free speech and democracy).

This is what the censorship folks argue and it only holds true when the solution isn't censoring the dissent. If everything I disagree with is disinformation, then what sort of democracy is left? I don't trust the government in dictating what's disinformation or not. I don't trust Facebook to determine that either. It's their platform, so they can do what they want. But it's no secret the government would love nothing more than to control the social media outlets to support their political ambitions.
theCommittalist

View Profile
June 24, 2022, 02:17:43 PM

The social media giants come out of a context where freedom of thought & expression were fundamental to the national constitution, and while no longer being the most interesting or perhaps even important factor, that still remains crucial.

I don't think it is about websites owing anyone freedom of speech, or even states owing anyone freedom of speech, but rather that neither social media giant platforms or nation states have any ethical right to take it away from anyone. These sorts of issues were formative to the revolutionary European ideas that gave birth to the 'American way of life'.

The only way organisations and companies can remove the right to free thought & expression is then unethically, by force of coercion & subtle scare tactics, which is something to worry about.

Think about it, what kind of problem-solving intelligence or expression of interesting ideas is not 'free' but instead controlled by the bigger boys? I think we should be very careful about the development of that kind of culture.

Everybody should be able to say what they think, ask questions & voice disagreement without the threat of being taken out to the woods by a secretive circle of old fogies.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 24, 2022, 02:32:23 PM

Not much that we can do unfortunately. All those hearings went nowhere.

Personal stuff such as stories, selfies and videos? Indeed. But, stuff like private messages (which aren't private, lol) are needed, to contact your friends, co-workers, employers etc. I don't say there aren't alternatives, but since that's what most people use, you're, essentially, forced to have it too.

Hence the need for alternatives. The problem though is that those either get killed in the cradle or taken over.

Is there anyone in this year still using Facebook? it's a cringey social media with full of old people who posted his daily activity to expose their privacy.

Now Instagram is the most biggest social media, but it's linked with Meta aka Facebook, so the best way is avoid social medias that has collect your data.

It's still pretty big here in the developing world. Politicians here even pay trolls to harass opponents supporters there.

sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 24, 2022, 08:39:47 PM

It's still pretty big here in the developing world. Politicians here even pay trolls to harass opponents supporters there.

the best among all the social media are twitter. I was so fond of facebook a year ago but now I have switched to twitter.
Although they have strict rules. But if you want to connect to intellectual people - twitter is the best option no matter what.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 29, 2022, 02:51:26 PM

the best among all the social media are twitter. I was so fond of facebook a year ago but now I have switched to twitter.
Although they have strict rules. But if you want to connect to intellectual people - twitter is the best option no matter what.

I didn't bother making a Twitter account. All I need to do is watch some compilations of meltdowns there to know I wouldn't be able to handle any of that shit. The only sm I open these days are Reddit (I usually just follow hobby boards and stay away from anything political, etc) and Youtube, if it can even be called an sm (and I just watch vids and don't upload anything).

If I was handsome or had anything beautiful to show I would probably have an IG.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: