Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:55:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Unbreakablecoin (UNB) | SHA256 - Over 3x Bigger then Bitcoin | No Premine  (Read 134736 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 04:49:31 PM

So you're saying the chain looks forked for the past few days?

Mr. Blasko, I do believe this is in your core competency!  I'll fix it next time.  Smiley

Hey Smiley

Thanks !!! Smiley

I'm concerned about the possible fork - please could you or someone else verify what I have said about the block numbers and the iSpace pool, thanks !!!

iSpace - http://ispace.co.uk/coindetails/?coin=unb

Block Explorer - https://www.blockexperts.com/unb

Sometimes it's better to be wrong, although if there is a prob, and its sorted before it really happens, or gets worse, then thats still all good.

If I am correct, then anyone mining with iSpace is wasting their time and may even cause the unbreakablecoin network problems, until the blockchains are sync'd properly - Block 45871 was generated on sunday 26th June 2016 at 00:56:06 - iSpace shows last known block as 45870 generated on 23/06/2016 20:06:27

Just so everyone can stay informed and any problems can get sorted before anything escelates and makes new news !!!

no news is good news - even if any publicity is good publicity...

Thanks !!! Smiley

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sonix711

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:56:36 PM

Cheers for quick replys...

Actually, I think it's like half a fork - as soon as iSpace pool finds the next block, because I think its a block behind for whatever reason, thats the completion of the fork... as long as iSpace updates to the latest block, then the fork is avoided - it does mean that since block 45871 was generated sunday 26th June 2016 at 00:56:06, everyone mining UNB with iSpace has been working on old blockchain data, sorry...

Like I said, I want to be wrong, but I don't think I am...

Cheers !!!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 04:59:57 PM

I'm quick like that.  Mr. Blasko needs to improve on his customer service skills.  Grin

I've got a very strong feeling about your competency level and I assume you're 100% right.  We better not hardfork, that would upset me much. 

Thanks again for bringing this up, hopefully just in time!!! 

Cheers for quick replys...

Actually, I think it's like half a fork - as soon as iSpace pool finds the next block, because I think its a block behind for whatever reason, thats the completion of the fork... as long as iSpace updates to the latest block, then the fork is avoided - it does mean that since block 45871 was generated sunday 26th June 2016 at 00:56:06, everyone mining UNB with iSpace has been working on old blockchain data, sorry...

Like I said, I want to be wrong, but I don't think I am...

Cheers !!!

Sonix711

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:20:47 PM

Smiley

Cheers !!! - very welcome, although I wish it was good news instead...unfortunately, some people are more busy than others... Smiley

Its as bad as its ok - if iSpace pool doesnt update their chain, it will eventually either become invalid when their wallet re-sync's with the network, or if enough people run their chain copy instead of the "propper" chain, their chain will become the new chain, and anything that existed in the "propper" chain will no longer exist... If I am correct in everything I have said... think its a bit like a 51% attack, although attacking the blockchain without actually meaning to, using unsuspecting miners and a lack of decentralisation and network / data availability... or something like that... Smiley

As long as iSpace updates their blockchain to the latest block, or there are enough other nodes to outvote iSpace's blockchain, and as long as people stop mining with iSpace until they sort it, it will be ok...in theory...

Cheers !!! Smiley
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 05:32:03 PM

Smiley

Cheers !!! - very welcome, although I wish it was good news instead...unfortunately, some people are more busy than others... Smiley

Its as bad as its ok - if iSpace pool doesnt update their chain, it will eventually either become invalid when their wallet re-sync's with the network, or if enough people run their chain copy instead of the "propper" chain, their chain will become the new chain, and anything that existed in the "propper" chain will no longer exist... If I am correct in everything I have said... think its a bit like a 51% attack, although attacking the blockchain without actually meaning to, using unsuspecting miners and a lack of decentralisation and network / data availability... or something like that... Smiley

As long as iSpace updates their blockchain to the latest block, or there are enough other nodes to outvote iSpace's blockchain, and as long as people stop mining with iSpace until they sort it, it will be ok...in theory...

Cheers !!! Smiley

The explorer shows 0 nodes... so not sure it can be relied on? I'll mine a block and see who gets it

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 05:46:12 PM

Smiley

Cheers !!! Smiley

The explorer shows 0 nodes... so not sure it can be relied on? I'll mine a block and see who gets it

Explorer got the block just mined. Keep in mind, iSpace... just shows their blocks... I don't see anywhere where it shows the current network block... though they do say: "Last Block: long time ago" perhaps it will update shortly...

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Sonix711

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:48:41 PM

cheers ! Smiley

sorry for any nitemares peeps...

my router just had 4 connections on 9336 - decrease in hash rate to 1.913 THs - still says 3 connections - new block found - 45872 - block explorer shows 45872...

iSpace still shows 45870.

wish I had that amount of hashing power !!! Smiley

Cheers !!! Smiley
Sonix711

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:11:57 PM

Well... I hate to say it, but personally, I don't trust iSpace for pool mining UNB...

It still says 45870 as "our last block", and none of the information on the "last 10 blocks" has changed either... its either not updating live, or not updating at all... I don't have an account to test and see what info the miner / pool shows...yet...

mmm... unless theres another pool out there, or anyone is interested in helping me run a pool server, then I guesss its solo mining only for the moment...

A few more blocks should be enough to completely invalidate iSpace's copy of the blockchain and "force" them to either fix their wallet or stop suppporting UNB completely - I hope they fix their wallet so I can make 7GHs worth something again Smiley

But, do it properly, or don't do it at all...

Cheers ! Smiley
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 09:30:14 PM

Relief.

Thanks Sonix7!  Thanks Crackfoo!

Sonix711

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:50:00 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

Just wanted to say that a new block was generated about 40 minutes ago, although not by me, so the latest block is now 45873, and we should all now be looking to create block 45874.

iSpace pool information has not changed / updated, so it appears that their last know block is still 45870. It also appears that iSpace pool is still in use because their 24hour hashrate chart shows activity between about 8am and 9am - I dont know where the time information comes from, but the chart ends at 12:47pm, and its now 12:47pm in UK - their chart doesn't show times very informatively...

Please be aware that until their block information is updated, it is possible that they are still running on an out of date UNB blockchain, so it is possible that any time spent mining UNB using iSpace is efforts wasted as the data will not be valid.

I hope this is not the case, but its entirely possible that it is - it all depends on what information is correct and up to date, and what is not. Personally, although I hope iSpace sorts out whatever the problem is, and soon, I currently still wouldn't mine with them until its sorted, if at all anymore...but that's just my opinion Smiley

Updates welcome !!! Smiley

Cheers.

Sonix711.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 11:56:36 AM

Thanks Sonix!!!

Aren't the exchanges on the iSpace blockchain?  I'll see if I can find any contact info for iSpace, they need to get on this before it gets messy.

Edit:  I tweeted them. 

Sonix711

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:19:35 PM

Cheers !!! Smiley

I didn't think of that !!!

If the exchanges use iSpace...so much for redundancy...!!!

Lets hope they get it sorted fast then, whatever the prob is !!! Smiley

I think that the last 2 blocks mined only contained new UNB coin info as they are bang on 50 UNB, so had no extra transaction fees included, although free transactions are entirely possible - I think I'm at the top of my blockchain knowledge tree now, sorry...

My blockchain folder, located in C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\unbreakablecoin\ is about 80MB... my BTC blockchain folder is about 80GB !!! Smiley
Please can more people run the wallet client and port forward port 9336 to the wallet client and help keep the UNB network decentralised - please lets not all rely on someone else... I only have 3 connections total, so you only need like 5 more centralised copies of the blockchain to be able to control the UNB network...now, thats what I call a form of 51% attack...

What if iSpace had been the only wallet that everyone was updating from...thats possibly really messy, and probably really bad...luckily, luck is currently on our side...and miners of blocks 45871, 45872, and 45873 should be happy as their blocks will still exist, not to mention that every transaction has now got 3 more confirmations... Smiley

Please do correct me if at any point I need correcting... I can chat seriously as much as I can seriously chat... but I do not know everything !!! Smiley

Cheers !!! Smiley
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 12:28:21 PM

Please do correct me if at any point I need correcting... I can chat seriously as much as I can seriously chat...but I do not know everything !!! Smiley

Cheers !!! Smiley

Man, I'm glad you ran into Mr. Knowitall then!  Smiley

Seriously though, we need to get iSpace to verify, some other guys with some mining gear on this and hopefully Blasko can chime in as well soon.

Thanks again!

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 12:29:42 PM

what block does the diff change?

Sonix711

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:36:20 PM

I'd also like to point out to all those people that claim the difficulty was to high in the beginning, premine, ra ra ra, that if the starting speed is 333mhs block erupter, then the difficulty will stay low for longer, but if the starting speed is 1TH, dont expect a small difficulty...

Its like saying "this miner is the most efficient - it only needs £1k worth of elec per month" - what matters most, overall efficiency, or overall cost...both...everything is relational...I run most my mining kit now at a loss to keep the overall amount at a gain...in theory...

If you got all the currency in the world, its prob worthless by that point, cos you got it all...share and share alike...

The maths for coin generation were based on 1 block every 5 mins, not 1 block per day...go slower, takes longer... blame the mining sheeple effect, aswell as the principle of short term gain long term loss, long term gain short term loss - its finding the balance in between, and trying to get others to also do the same...thats what I think anyway...

Sorry if this is stating the obvious...

Cheers !

Sonix711

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:45:55 PM

As far as my maths work...

last 2016 block = 44352
current block = 45873
next 2016 block = 46368

45873 / 2016 = 22.75446428571429

22 x 2016 = 44352
23 x 2016 = 46368

46368 - 45873 = 495

495 blocks left until next difficulty change...

hope helps - maths does do my head in though... Smiley

sorry - newbie posting time delay - courtesy of bitcointalk Smiley

hashrate increase, now 2.011 THs - new blocks found - 45874, 45875

next block to find - 45876

connections still at 3.

Cheers ! Smiley
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 12:58:53 PM

As far as my maths work...

last 2016 block = 44352
current block = 45873
next 2016 block = 46368

46368 - 45873 = 495

495 blocks left until next difficulty change...

hashrate increase, now 2.011 THs - new blocks found - 45874, 45875

next block to find - 45876

Cheers ! Smiley

Ok thanks, yeah, I just banged off a couple more blocks. within a min of each other.

Sonix711

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:22:02 PM

Cheers ! Smiley

What I don't have in hashing power, I try to make up for with enthusiasm Smiley

You done 2 blocks in a few mins - I done 0 blocks in about 2-3 days Smiley gotta love the power of 1 x BFL 7GH Smiley hopefully my luck will change soon, but no way am I holding my breath Smiley being part of something big - BTC - is good - but being part of something a bit smaller - UNB - is better Smiley a more personal touch Smiley

Perhaps I will move more of my small hashihg total to UNB as time goes on...I am looking at the bigger picture though...

"what can you do for your crypto matters as much as what your crypto can do for you" - or something like that...

Cheers !!! Smiley
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 01:34:29 PM

I got a response:

@iSpacepools

@Vlad_Roberto We are on the same #UNB chain as the block explorer at blockexperts.com/unb

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 01:36:13 PM

Ok thanks, yeah, I just banged off a couple more blocks. within a min of each other.

What, within a minute of each other? 

Dude, you trying to inflate me, into poverty, like a Rockefeller?  lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: