Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:19:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Topic to everone who want still invest on mining rig (GPU)  (Read 1768 times)
Androidicus

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:08:04 PM

Agree with above.

The free electricity bit is a winner as that is a big factor in any calculation as to ROI or even break even.

Mining should have a miners anonymous program for people to seek help.  Shocked

Lmao - 'MA' = 'Hi, my names xxxxx and I got into mining to look big in front of my mates - now I can't sleep at night without firing up Putty and checking my rigs every 15 minutes - the cat's left me and the wife is peeing on the carpet, er - it's just a mess...'

Failure is success waiting to happen...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vesyz (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:08:48 PM

I look at mining as a hobby. It's fun.

If you have 4k to invest in a hobby with a .01% chance of you getting crazy rich, drop the cash and go for it.

If you're looking to make money, take that 4k and learn about day trading.

I'd recommend mining though, I think it's fun.

ya it's possible he could make more day trading with less risk with 4 grand i know that is what i had done last few months.
rather than buying a bunch of overpriced gpu's i just flipped mostly BTC for profit and did ok over all..

i bought 1 7950 in late OCT 2013 and they were at Newegg Canada for $199 can brand new a few weeks later on ebay my card was min $475
all the little dicks that came rushing in OCT drove the price up across the world to double or more and there is no god damn way in hell i am paying double for my 2nd 7950.
i only wish i bought more at 199 lol ..instead i bought a PC for about 4 grand including a 140khz BenQ gaming monitor and a Harmon / Kardon amp for my PC.
i was thinking it would be good for gaming and got free codes for games with the gpu i never used and i bought CS GO and never ran it one time
and i never loaded any of my older games even once on my new machine since October.. so what happened is i spent 4k on a fancy web browser machine HAHAHHA
and i already had two machines running too lol .. a C2D and an Athlon
I used to work on CS:GO cracks and have played it with an emu a bit offline before i bought it and have not loaded my CSS either in a year or two at least
but i plan on firing up GTA 4 soon on the new machine.. even though i had played it to death before
and i had GTA 5 for PC in the back of my mind all along while shopping for my pc parts i wanted.

i say all that because i would be pissed off at myself had i bought asics that were obsolete in a couple months.. i'd have to suggest getting GPU's if at all.
but consider what 6 290's cost i am not sure that is too wise.. it may take you forever to make your money back.. i woudln't buy them but i sure as hell wouldn't buy asics.
the pattern since December is down down doooooooown in everything all over.. the more time goes by the less i make mining and it's getting bad and going to get worse i think.

maybe see if you can get used GPU's for a good price and by that i mean half of retail roughly maybe.. ebay dicks say they are new a lot but they use them for a couple months first lol

anyway i am not sure i would advise mining at all.. it may be hard to get your money back and more and more people are prob looking to get out too
it's a perfect shit storm brewing..

+1

I think i will sell 1PSU and CPU and i will buy good PC because now my is so old.

Its very very risky to mine and make profit. Is better to lost about 500$ than 3000$.
Jacko

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:39:52 PM

Agree with above.

The free electricity bit is a winner as that is a big factor in any calculation as to ROI or even break even.

Mining should have a miners anonymous program for people to seek help.  Shocked

Lmao - 'MA' = 'Hi, my names xxxxx and I got into mining to look big in front of my mates - now I can't sleep at night without firing up Putty and checking my rigs every 15 minutes - the cat's left me and the wife is peeing on the carpet, er - it's just a mess...'

Just described my life. LMAO I probably do need help  Roll Eyes
blahdeda

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:03:41 PM

I calculated everything and i think i will break after 5-5,5 months... but this calculating is with websites like whatmine.com etc. so i have to still mine scrypt and on night sell them on market and check again on websitw what to mine.

Is this good idea?

I personally think it's impossible right now to predict how the market is going to behave over the next 5 months. It's way too variable especially with the asic about to come on line. I get the sense that a lot of folks got burned calculating their roi when doge was hot and are now dumping everything they mine just to cover costs (or their gear - craigslist is full of gpus for sale).
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:58:21 PM

I calculated everything and i think i will break after 5-5,5 months... but this calculating is with websites like whatmine.com etc. so i have to still mine scrypt and on night sell them on market and check again on websitw what to mine.

Is this good idea?

I personally think it's impossible right now to predict how the market is going to behave over the next 5 months. It's way too variable especially with the asic about to come on line. I get the sense that a lot of folks got burned calculating their roi when doge was hot and are now dumping everything they mine just to cover costs (or their gear - craigslist is full of gpus for sale).

Yeah, that's usually the issue. People forget that this isn't a scene where the returns are stables. And usually there are diminishing returns in the crypto-currency scene. But you can consider the resale cost of hardware as part of the "break even/ROI."
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 09:18:49 PM

Personally I would sell everything and use the proceeds to buy the Gridseed ASIC Scrypt miners instead.

That's just my personal opinion.

But gridseed cost 6000$ for only 6mh/s. When KnC will come, gridseed can come to toilet :-) (i think). For GPU is x11 or n-scrypt.

You pay under $1900 for 3500-4000 KH/s, easily. Dunno where you go that number from.

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
Jacko

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:27:19 AM

You are spot on Solid. I've just paid that for my order from Zoom Hash.
Jacko

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:29:21 AM

Also the main point is WHEN KNC WILL COME!!! Gridseed are here and selling from stock. Who knows when KNC will sort out a product that is in stock. Same as the pre order 3TH/s that is still not here. How much could you mine with Gridseed before KNC get something out.
smilecoin23

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:05:42 AM

The coin in the beginning who also do not know whether the profit, it is like gambling, luck is important.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: