Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:45:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What approach do you expect from the Government if your Country adopt bitcoin?  (Read 799 times)
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 09:45:24 PM

In general, given the current realities of the world, I doubt that the state should be trusted with its funds at all. You need to understand how it can end up in the end.
But at least we are asked for what we wanted to expect , since we are all far from total adoption so countries after countries will be having their own interpretation and stand about crypto but at least share our prayers and wishes from our government.
The changes, or at least the "little" differences between the nations that accept bitcoin will be the biggest deal. For example, my nation sees it as a currency, so it is kind of like dollar, euro, foreign currency. Some other nation sees it as an asset, like gold or a stock. These changes will definitely be seen as a deal in the long run that can make a big difference and if one of them looks to be great then people will realize how good it is and other governments could replicate that. Legal Tender is another, if that works out amazing for El Salvador in the long run, I can see it becoming a huge deal for all the other smaller nations as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 30, 2022, 12:46:29 PM

In my country the government has not legalized bitcoin but crypto transaction applications have been shown on television, digital currency is no stranger to the public's ears and many have even invested in crypto, is this a sign that the government will legalize digital currency in the future?
In most countries this is the legal status of cryptocurrency. The governments never take a stand on legality, but opposes usage as well as create plans of developing its own CBDC. Even in my country this is the same, the government haven't mentioned anything official on the legality. It is possible to see more and more applications being advertised on television, and when checked those applications they're registered on crypto friendly countries and operating all around.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
May 30, 2022, 06:32:05 PM

Developed countries are all focusing and issuing their CBCD coins in the future instead of accepting bitcoin. I am not negative but my view is that only poor, small, weak economies are more inclined to accept bitcoin than developed countries.

The government has controlled us for centuries and they will continue to do so they will never accept any force that can threaten their power, bitcoin is really a cool technology but simply because it's decentralized i wouldn't be too optimistic about governments adopting it.
There must be a country where they accept bitcoin but at the same time planning to have their own centralized cryptos like the cbcd. This is only good for the people that like centralization and don't have a trust in bitcoin. This is why not all government and bank thinks that btc is a big threat to them because they know that many people are not comfortable on those currencies.

It's up to us if we people will go on with the flow and let the government control us but nowadays it is now possible to be free and become independent on your own. Thanks to Satoshi Nakamoto for introducing a wonderful invention or technology called bitcoin.

Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
May 30, 2022, 09:40:06 PM

Developed countries are all focusing and issuing their CBCD coins in the future instead of accepting bitcoin. I am not negative but my view is that only poor, small, weak economies are more inclined to accept bitcoin than developed countries.

The government has controlled us for centuries and they will continue to do so they will never accept any force that can threaten their power, bitcoin is really a cool technology but simply because it's decentralized i wouldn't be too optimistic about governments adopting it.
There must be a country where they accept bitcoin but at the same time planning to have their own centralized cryptos like the cbcd. This is only good for the people that like centralization and don't have a trust in bitcoin. This is why not all government and bank thinks that btc is a big threat to them because they know that many people are not comfortable on those currencies.

It's up to us if we people will go on with the flow and let the government control us but nowadays it is now possible to be free and become independent on your own. Thanks to Satoshi Nakamoto for introducing a wonderful invention or technology called bitcoin.
Whether they would create their own cbdc or would just let bitcoin to be legalized into their vicinity but we know on whats the treatment of government when it comes to decentralized things,arent we?

Of course they would really be trying out to counter or making out other options which people would still stick out despite of bitcoins existence where people do really like to deal into something secure
without even realizing about the decentralization and anonymous benefits of bitcoin.
Only to those people who do value up much those qualities will surely appreciate bitcoins acceptance or adoption and not to those people who are just sticking
on what government do offers them.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
May 31, 2022, 10:48:11 PM

Starting from a topic started by Ratimov: Why has bitcoin adoption failed in El Salvador? so my inspiration to start this thread suddenly appeared where right now i really am would like to know what you think and expect if your country decides to adopt bitcoin as a legal tender.

We all know that El Salvador boldly announced to the world that they adopted bitcoin as a currency as well as legal tender. Many of us agree that this is an expected development, but in the end we can learn from the country [El Salvador] that to achieve successful adoption, the country and its government must also have a good approach and take the right steps. It is clear that this approach will have an impact on the success of the adoption, but so far El Salvador has failed with the adoption because their approach is not as perfect as expected based on the research.

Well, if El Salvador is considered to have failed with its bitcoin adoption so far [perhaps they have never failed 100%] then what do you expect if one day your country also decides to adopt bitcoin as a currency and legal tender especially regarding the approach and steps your government should take?
I think one thing the government should do first is to make the citizens more educated about bitcoin as well as the cryptocurrencies itself. Once they know about it, then they can help the government to assess whether it could be helpful to improve the government or not. Otherwise, there will be strikes that will possibly happen from those people who will oppose the decision of the government. So i think the decision is not only for those officials sitting in the government but the concern of the citizens should be given the top priority to be heard.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
May 31, 2022, 10:56:44 PM

Starting from a topic started by Ratimov: Why has bitcoin adoption failed in El Salvador? so my inspiration to start this thread suddenly appeared where right now i really am would like to know what you think and expect if your country decides to adopt bitcoin as a legal tender.

We all know that El Salvador boldly announced to the world that they adopted bitcoin as a currency as well as legal tender. Many of us agree that this is an expected development, but in the end we can learn from the country [El Salvador] that to achieve successful adoption, the country and its government must also have a good approach and take the right steps. It is clear that this approach will have an impact on the success of the adoption, but so far El Salvador has failed with the adoption because their approach is not as perfect as expected based on the research.

Well, if El Salvador is considered to have failed with its bitcoin adoption so far [perhaps they have never failed 100%] then what do you expect if one day your country also decides to adopt bitcoin as a currency and legal tender especially regarding the approach and steps your government should take?
I think one thing the government should do first is to make the citizens more educated about bitcoin as well as the cryptocurrencies itself. Once they know about it, then they can help the government to assess whether it could be helpful to improve the government or not. Otherwise, there will be strikes that will possibly happen from those people who will oppose the decision of the government. So i think the decision is not only for those officials sitting in the government but the concern of the citizens should be given the top priority to be heard.
Make them at least aware so that support would come next in line because if they dont then just like been said above by some user that it would be ignored.As long they wont really be making it as a legal tender then people wont really get shocked and if they do allow or make it legal on any transactions then that would really create some curiosity and possible problems ahead.
It is really that great if government on your country would be ending up on having positive impressions towards crypto which is something not that really common and most of them are going against on it.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2022, 11:17:01 PM

I think one thing the government should do first is to make the citizens more educated about bitcoin as well as the cryptocurrencies itself.

This should be the first step but with the rush to milk the cryptocurrency users, I think my government will impose regulation and taxation first before promoting any activities to educate its citizen.

Once they know about it, then they can help the government to assess whether it could be helpful to improve the government or not. Otherwise, there will be strikes that will possibly happen from those people who will oppose the decision of the government.

I don't think there will be strikes if the government adopts Bitcoin.  It is just an addition to the existing payment method so there is no immediate effect on the current payment system.

So i think the decision is not only for those officials sitting in the government but the concern of the citizens should be given the top priority to be heard.

It should be the priority concern but sadly Government always prioritized stuff that will give them a source of funds.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 05:12:08 AM

Knowing the nature of bitcoin and how it runs definitely is a big factor if any country wants to adopt it in the future. Extensive and in depth research must be done. Not just a research that's on the surface, but a research that will cover everything about bitcoin including the blockchain technology that it's built upon.

I don't think our government would really plan to adopt it anytime now or even in the future. But if ever it will happen, they must gather all their resources to check about every side of bitcoin. If they won't plan, organize, and strategize well enough, surely the same failure is expected to happen. The idea of promoting crypto and having its benefits is great. But it has to be done correctly. An active and determinitic approach should be done.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2022, 05:42:18 AM

Knowing the nature of bitcoin and how it runs definitely is a big factor if any country wants to adopt it in the future. Extensive and in depth research must be done. Not just a research that's on the surface, but a research that will cover everything about bitcoin including the blockchain technology that it's built upon.

I don't think our government would really plan to adopt it anytime now or even in the future. But if ever it will happen, they must gather all their resources to check about every side of bitcoin. If they won't plan, organize, and strategize well enough, surely the same failure is expected to happen. The idea of promoting crypto and having its benefits is great. But it has to be done correctly. An active and determinitic approach should be done.
A far deeper research and planning is very important before making it work with the government in real-time. The technology is efficient and has its own advantages, but on real-time usability it have got issues as the market is linked to a country's economy. Being manipulative the market could be moved in any direction, so it is must to analyse all sides of bitcoin than just having an overview.

To my country there is no perfect plans of adopting bitcoin. Another thing, even if it's adopts there won't be much of impact as people are continuing to use it amidst the improper regulation and legality.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 08:12:58 AM

if government make bitcoin to be among of educational curriculum in the various college and universities, it will bring mass concern and relation to bitcoin. And if every one study the development and technology of bitcoin it will make it worth will be valueless, from what i notice. The massive adoption of bitcoin comes and government support it, the exchange of bitcoin for traditional currency will not be hard again.
Ale88
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 2366

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 04:22:33 PM

The biggest problem of bitcoin, if we can call it this way, is that there is no reimbursement, no protection, so the government should really find a way to teach people how to properly use it, that's in my opinion would be the biggest challenge. Let's not forget that people still nowadays fall in email and phone scams, I can't even image what could happen and the kind of complaints that would arise. It's also a generational thing of course, millennials are way more used to technology than boomers, and of course gen Z was pretty much born with a smartphone in their hands, so... But yeah, going back to your original question first of all we need people to understand what they're doing, and I honestly doubt they'll ever do that because governments don't want to teach you financial education.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3003

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 04:30:54 PM

This is a pretty decent subject, as it's interesting to see the different opinions from people all over the glob.  Here in the United States I'm not sure I foresee them doing this anytime even remotely soon.  The United States dollar is the worlds reserve currency and I don't think they want to do anything to jeopardize that.  I can certainly foresee it being possible somewhere down the line, but not anytime in the near future , unfortunately. 

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 08:26:02 PM

when my government accepts bitcoin and supports it as a payment alternative, then that's enough for me. after all, the bitcoin movement happened because people were enthusiastic about it. oh one thing I might want, maybe the government can also provide support regarding learning to use crypto, especially bitcoin in existing communities. by providing sufficient education, it is possible that bitcoin adoption will increase in my city or country.
Actually, there is currently no resistance regarding the use of crypto in my country, the important thing is that it is not used as a legal payment alternative. only, so far very few understand about crypto, and also only used as a place of investment.
That's mostly the case that people's resorting into crypto as investments since crypto is not yet fully adopted as a legal tender. Even in my country, i don't see any big opposition about crypto, the government is still studying and discussing about it if it could bring changes into the country's economy. However, i believe that one key to be successful in crypto adoption is that the government should be able to provide sufficient education first to all the people and let them understand well how crypto can create positive changes in the country.
Slow death
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1100

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 10:57:09 AM

I'm of the opinion that if my government wants to adopt bitcoin they simply need to pass laws that allow:

1 - that every citizen of my country can use bitcoin as a currency and can invest in bitcoin

2 - that everywhere: stores, banks, public and private companies can accept to pay in bitcoin through a mutual agreement between companies and employees

3 - That my country's banks allow it to be possible to make loans in bitcoin, have a term account in bitcoin, pay life insurance, pay car insurance, pay health insurance in bitcoin

4 - that a license is granted for cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency-related casinos

5 - that the government allows the citizens of my country to pay: taxes, water bills, electricity bills and TV bills in bitcoin

in my opinion this is what is called mass adoption in a country. now to say that a country is taking money from the citizen to buy bitcoin at 44000$ and 3 months later the price of bitcoin drops to 29000$ and to call this a mass adoption I would say that this is something simply dangerous, I agree that it was something It's good that El Salvador has bitcoin laws, but I don't know how beneficial these laws are so I can't comment on this matter

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 7125

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 11:35:29 AM

The biggest problem of bitcoin, if we can call it this way, is that there is no reimbursement, no protection, so the government should really find a way to teach people how to properly use it, that's in my opinion would be the biggest challenge.
I don't see why the government has to be the one that teaches you anything. The most that I expect is that they don't stay in the way and try to hinder the evolution of technology or attempt to limit my choices. If they can do that, it's enough. Information about Bitcoin and crypto is free, you just have to look for it. This forum is a university and a historical reference. So much has happened on these boards. Newer generations might prefer videos and YouTube and you can find plenty of quality content there as well. Andreas Antonopoulos is one of the go-to guys, but there are others.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████