Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:57:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — ButterflyLabs 3rd party testing for Dummies  (Read 3688 times)
DeepBit
Donator

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 04:36:04 PM

Hey, people, it's not even funny anymore.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 06:23:12 PM

Don't know why you bother responding to these whack jobs round here no matter what you say or do the fools will be lined up in force to complain, ascribe ulterior motives to it, have some crazy conspiracy theory about it in short your in a no win situation so fuck them. Report back what you find and be done with the idiots nothing you say or do will change their minds short of them being there for the testing...

+1

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 07:25:30 PM

Probably the best advice yet, I think...

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 08:30:27 PM

And how is this full of hot air?  People bitch when I backup BFL's statements with my observations and opinions - somehow this makes me a shill.  People bitch when I don't comment on BFL's statements, somehow this translates as me being misleading or having something to hide.  WTF, seriously?  How am I suppose to cater to that?

Pick on, pick the other.  I don't care. I will do either, but I physically can not do both.

Don't know why you bother responding to these whack jobs round here no matter what you say or do the fools will be lined up in force to complain, ascribe ulterior motives to it, have some crazy conspiracy theory about it in short your in a no win situation so fuck them. Report back what you find and be done with the idiots nothing you say or do will change their minds short of them being there for the testing...

+1.

At least some of the great unwashed masses out here appreciate what you are doing. When the story is done being told, then, and only then, can we use your observations to inform our opinions and actions. Thanks for the time you have put in for the benefit of many.
freequant (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 12:26:22 AM

I had the courtesy not to attribute you negative intentions, and not to charge you of any accusations beside of that of being misleading in your way of reporting things (which is true and backed by facts).
It seems that you do not have the same principles...
So, you charge me, off the top of your head, of "altering times to fit my theory"?

First which theory?
Now that you said that I have a "theory that you have something to hide", please quote any of my answers that proves your claim.

The theory that I have something to hide.
You haven't quoted anything though.
Half of "what I said" are quotations from you, and the rest are flat comments on the facts.
If reading this thead gives you a feeling that there is a "theory that you have something to hide", it must be coming from your own quotations.

Second which timestamps?
I am not claiming that the timestamps are perfectly accurate because, the first thread being locked, I had to do manual quotations which is error prone (regeneration of epoch timestamps from the dates).
But at any rate, I strongly doubt that this would change in any way any of the facts reported earlier.
I you disagree, please give an example of inaccurate timestamp, and show how correcting it makes any of what I said invalid.

I already gave you an example of inaccurate time stamps.  You claim that I waited an entire day to clarify that the first "test" was not in the DC, when in fact it was less than 15 minutes and the next post that I made that clarified that fact.  Post 891 - 893 I believe, but I don't have the time to check those post numbers at the moment.  I will when I get back.
Where did I comment on the duration between your posts?
If I am not making any comments on this point, I don't see how that could be serving anything at all.

Your answer is so full of hot air that I just don't know what to tell you.
There is only one objective truth, and it is made of facts.
As a trusted third party mandated to verify the facts, when to comment and what to tell should have been obvious to you.

And how is this full of hot air?  People bitch when I backup BFL's statements with my observations and opinions - somehow this makes me a shill.  People bitch when I don't comment on BFL's statements, somehow this translates as me being misleading or having something to hide.  WTF, seriously?  How am I suppose to cater to that?

Pick on, pick the other.  I don't care. I will do either, but I physically can not do both.
It is not as simple as a black and white answer "comment / no comment" "good / not good".
If you comment to give credit to BFL without supporting evidence, or you omit to comment when BFL makes wild claims (that appear later to be unfounded) where they cite you as a witness, you are not being neutral.
This is what people challenge you on. Be neutral, stick to hard facts, learn to receive feedback instead of dodging it and taking it personnaly, and people won't have a say.
Whether this translates in making comments or not making comments isn't the problem.

Anyway this is going nowhere : we are going round in circles.
The longer it gets, the more that makes you look like a martyr, and me like a troll, so I am done with this debate.
If you don't think that your reports are misleading, so be it.
All the raw facts are here in this thead for people to make their own opinion.
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 03:48:44 AM

haha oh man Inaba, "no good deed goes unpunished" eh?
illpoet

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 02:01:00 PM

ty inaba.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 04:07:22 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2011, 08:44:37 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Thanks for all your help Inaba.  

Without Inaba BFL, bogus claims would be completely opaque.  
They likely would still be selling magical unicorns which get 1.05GH on 19.8W on power.

The info Inaba has been able to gleam is incomplete, has some caveats, and there were some bumps in the road however without his (uncompensated) time and effort we would have absolutely no insight into the product.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 05:17:37 PM

Yeah, this is way too tin-foiled out for me...

Thanks Inaba, for all the time you have spent dicking around with both BFL and us mongoloids.
freequant (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 06:21:14 PM

Anyway this is going nowhere : we are going round in circles.
The longer it gets, the more that makes you look like a martyr, and me like a troll, so I am done with this debate.
If you don't think that your reports are misleading, so be it.
All the raw facts are here in this thead for people to make their own opinion.

Just what debate would that have been you have done the same from the start as you do here now there is reason you think you look like troll in this thread and the above is it.

Breath in buddy, breath in ...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: