Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Red light on s9j  (Read 406 times)
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
August 03, 2022, 01:29:50 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

Quote from: BitMaxz link=topic=5401406.msg60676924#msg60676924 .
[/quote

I'm sure those cards that do not work are fake

Ok maybe that is one of the issues but it is not everything, i recall testing some of the cards by sending music/movies files to them and was able to view them on my phone.

The fake cards are usually fake in volume, an 8gb shows on your PC as 32gb, but then, the firmware is pretty small, so even if the volume is fake it should still be able to handle the file.

It could also be the card reader, the copying process, it could be anything mentioned in the post above this one, just one advice, you find a card that works, label it and save somewhere safe.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2022, 01:36:37 PM

Look its simple, Bitmain/Zynq is cheap right? They are not going to put a chip in there capable of handling SDXC or more, when there are surplus of obsolete SDHC or older available. This is why 32g is the limit. BUT, there are 32g SDXC cards out there, which will, of course, not work. That is why they wrote that 16g max thing. More than 32g will absolutely not work, the border from SDHC and SDXC is right at 32g. Besides from their point of view, customers are almost never ever using the micro SD slot...

And of course this is disregarding the fake ones, which just complicate matters. Smaller sizes tend to be less faked. Braiins OS only needs 128m so its a huge waste of capacity anyway, get the smallest size you can Smiley

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
MinerMEDIC

Activity: 166
Merit: 82

EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 01:29:41 AM

Look its simple, Bitmain/Zynq is cheap right? They are not going to put a chip in there capable of handling SDXC or more, when there are surplus of obsolete SDHC or older available. This is why 32g is the limit. BUT, there are 32g SDXC cards out there, which will, of course, not work. That is why they wrote that 16g max thing. More than 32g will absolutely not work, the border from SDHC and SDXC is right at 32g. Besides from their point of view, customers are almost never ever using the micro SD slot...

And of course this is disregarding the fake ones, which just complicate matters. Smaller sizes tend to be less faked. Braiins OS only needs 128m so its a huge waste of capacity anyway, get the smallest size you can Smiley
I have already explained this on page 1 exhaustively with documentation. You’re  pretty close tho.

---Hi, I'm Juergen "Jay" & I TEACH and REPAIR ASIC HASHBOARDS-- Purdue AS EET -- MinerMEDIC is NOW FREELANCE in Chicago!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: