Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia to Drop USD as reserve currency - could mean 5000+ USD bitcoins  (Read 10387 times)
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:15:40 AM

Something tells me that if the Russians Drop the dollar then we all will be getting screwed in the long term.  I think the saying should be changed to people suffer for the lack of their political leaders knowledge.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:20:24 AM

Something tells me that if the Russians Drop the dollar then we all will be getting screwed in the long term.  I think the saying should be changed to people suffer for the lack of their political leaders knowledge.

More like, "the slaves suffer for lack of their masters' knowledge."

If you were to draw an unbiased opinion, like if you were to visit Earth from outer space; that's likely how we would be viewed...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:17:01 AM

Reality here: The GDP of California is larger than Russia ($2.2T versus $2.0T  2013) California would be the 8th largest country in the world by GDP.

Oh, hell no!  Texas' economy makes California look like a neighborhood convenience store.  Texas should secede and nationalize bitcoin.  (I know.  The sentiment is there, but reality sets in.  I love my home state that much.)
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:22:48 AM

Something tells me that if the Russians Drop the dollar then we all will be getting screwed in the long term.  I think the saying should be changed to people suffer for the lack of their political leaders knowledge.

More like, "the slaves suffer for lack of their masters' knowledge."

If you were to draw an unbiased opinion, like if you were to visit Earth from outer space; that's likely how we would be viewed...

Sad to say you won't be getting much of an agreement from me at this time.  I tend to feel the same way so yeah, well put.
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:23:33 AM

I suspect that the only reason Russia made their decision as it is was to quell a market that some Putin cronies wanted to capitalize.  That's exactly how their government works.  Ban it so that a loyal subject has complete control.  Pitty that with the right leadership Russia could be a true global contributor for good.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:29:21 AM

Personally, I will be much more impressed and pleased when the headline reads, "America drops the USD as reserve currency."

We're better than this, as a people, as a nation. Supporting neo-imperialism and neo-fuedalist corporate empires is not the way to go for a nation founded on "liberty and justice".

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:57:44 PM

Everyday bitcoin drops like anything. Today it reached $500 level. Price is going downwards only not upwards.

today the price went down to $470..  and now ................... $520

i call that an upward price..

so lets go extreme, tell me the price last year (march 2013) and tell me the price today
so lets go extreme, tell me the price last year (march 2012) and tell me the price today
so lets go extreme, tell me the price last year (march 2011) and tell me the price today

i can show you stats that in 2012 bitcoin went to $6 then dropped to $4, then went to $14 and dropped to $8 before rising even higher.

i can show u stats of 2013, blah blah blah..

in general the price does go up. and if you panic on the drops then please 'man up' and realise there are good and bad days. nothing is a utopian dream come true that is always perfect very day

In general SO FAR. When so many negative things hadn't happened and trust and hope were higher.
We had bumps in the road, but MtGox was a major negative event far worse and there have been others with no positive stuff to balance them to speak of.

I hope we do bounce back and things get better, but there's absolutely nothing on the horizon that's going to make that happen and it doesn't have to at all. We could have seen the golden days already. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:06:54 PM

In 2011 when Bitcoins spiked to $32 or whatever then flash crashed down to $2, many people, probably the majority, just assumed that BTC was done. There was no reason to believe otherwise.

Bitcoin was at that point just seen as a passing fad that some geeks got excited about but ultimately was proved to be worthless and destined to fail. It was too volatile, too hard to understand. Nobody "needed it."

Why would you stay in "the scheme" at that point? You either cashed out big or lost big. It was over. Gonna be a slow dribble down top $0, but definitely over. "Nothing positive on the horizon" etc etc

All the smart money got out around then.

Well, almost all of it.  Wink
ijphlrnxewho
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:16:07 PM

I'm sure many countries in the world will start to drop the U.S.D. as reserve currency.

The American Patriots Militia Groups have made it clear to the world that the U.S.D. is a scam currency designed to scam people world wide.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282002.0

------------------------------
related thread:
BREAKING NEWS: American Patriots Militia Groups taking down the Federal Reserve
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485187.0
allenove

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:31:14 PM

I'm sure many countries in the world will start to drop the U.S.D. as reserve currency.

The American Patriots Militia Groups have made it clear to the world that the U.S.D. is a scam currency designed to scam people world wide.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282002.0

------------------------------
related thread:
BREAKING NEWS: American Patriots Militia Groups taking down the Federal Reserve
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485187.0
Your news is where to get, are you sure this is a hoax?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:50:37 PM

USA - main export good is USD. No intrinsic value. Only accepted because other countries view it as THE currency. Can be replaced by any other form of numbers in computers.

Haha exactly. USA keep exporting billions of USD as its main resource.
If a little part of the exported USD would go back to USA, the US economy would instantly collapse and never get back.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:55:18 PM

Certainly, they're going to have influence -- because of trade and tradition and language and heritage with Ukraine

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
allenove

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:04:41 PM

Russia to abandon the dollar as a reserve currency, which is a reason. America joint EU Russia imposed economic sanctions, so they gave up the dollar. And they had banned BTC.
Nathonas

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 04:18:50 PM

This could result in a small rise but I don't see anything significant.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:43:37 PM

In 2011 when Bitcoins spiked to $32 or whatever then flash crashed down to $2, many people, probably the majority, just assumed that BTC was done. There was no reason to believe otherwise.

Bitcoin was at that point just seen as a passing fad that some geeks got excited about but ultimately was proved to be worthless and destined to fail. It was too volatile, too hard to understand. Nobody "needed it."

Why would you stay in "the scheme" at that point? You either cashed out big or lost big. It was over. Gonna be a slow dribble down top $0, but definitely over. "Nothing positive on the horizon" etc etc

All the smart money got out around then.

Well, almost all of it.  Wink

It was new then. It was easy to mine and cheap to buy. It's not new now. It's neither cheap to buy or mine. If you wanted some bitcoin back then you could easily mine yourself some with what you already owned especially if it was a decent gaming rig, that's not the case at all now.
Now it's an investment whichever way you choose to get them. A bigger decision.

It's still too geeky, too volatile, too hard to understand and not really needed as far as normal people are concerned when spending money buying things. Does your Mum use it? Could she? Would she? Would most people? Not really. That's what we need. Joe Public using bitcoin in the same way they use Paypal as easily as they use Paypal.
Most people here would be wary of leaving money in an exchange or online wallet, for obvious reasons, this is another serious drawback right now ...all people have seen lately is bitcoins going missing bigtime in a way they don't understand and probably we don't properly even after research, wallets vanishing and appearing at MtGox for example are hardly showing bitcoin in a good light are they?

Assuming all will magically come right because they will...nice idea, not certain at all. It takes something positive to happen I think.

I don't understand why people in the community spread rumours like the China one, which get picked up by a bored reporter on reddit or somewhere and contribute to the negativity? Even this U.S. thing is overblown when it really needs explaining honestly. People like to profit from the peaks and troughs in price IMO, so they do well short term...long term it's damaging trust and once people lose trust it's hard to recover it.

I just hope that we've had all the bad news and horror stories now, then maybe gradually we get the chance to recover momentum. If I'd told you a year ago about all the recent events, I doubt you'd believe most of them would happen. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
MegaHustlr

Activity: 601

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:01:53 PM

Everyday bitcoin drops like anything. Today it reached $500 level. Price is going downwards only not upwards.

today the price went down to $470..  and now ................... $520

i call that an upward price..

so lets go extreme, tell me the price last year (march 2013) and tell me the price today
so lets go extreme, tell me the price last year (march 2012) and tell me the price today
so lets go extreme, tell me the price last year (march 2011) and tell me the price today

i can show you stats that in 2012 bitcoin went to $6 then dropped to $4, then went to $14 and dropped to $8 before rising even higher.

i can show u stats of 2013, blah blah blah..

in general the price does go up. and if you panic on the drops then please 'man up' and realise there are good and bad days. nothing is a utopian dream come true that is always perfect very day

That is true, I agree!

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
Boris-The-Blade

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:11:33 PM

It wont matter, they can drop what ever they want, sanctions will screw them.

I am not so sure. Let's see:

1. Russia - main export goods natgas, oil, palladium and so on - all things with intrinsic value. Harder to sell under US sanctions, but the market is there. Can be happily sold for other currencies or BTC.

2. USA - main export good is USD. No intrinsic value. Only accepted because other countries view it as THE currency. Can be replaced by any other form of numbers in computers.

Who is more vulnerable ... (both have nukes)?

I think we in the UK are in the same Boat as the USA.
UK - Main export? fuck knows. Office worker types no doubt.
orangered

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:20:31 PM

Russia to abandon the dollar as a reserve currency is to resist the USA economic sanctions, not really want to give up.

Onar

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:45:34 PM

I doubt that russia and china team up to create a new currency, by doing this both parts needs to give up power. And as superpowercountries they would not. Also  they have interests of their own that not would go togheter. China is governed in a other way than russia. Russias gold is the oil, natural gas and other rawmaterials.

I highly doubt they will go the crypto route but then again you never know maybe the people will? but not the govs..... The most likely scenario is Russia and China will team up and they will start a new currency system backed by GOLD as both countries have been secretly stockpiling reserves over the years and have a larger stock pile then U.S and both countries have been slowly pulling away from the dollar because people are WAKING UP that the federal dollar is worthless with no end to it's printing and Inflation
There is also the possibility of them trying to form a World Currency and this is the excuse and push for it as Putin is also just a Puppet for the IMF bank like all these so called World LEADERS and they strive for a 1 world government. There is always someone pulling these strings as War is highly profitable and the best way to instill FEAR AND Propaganda and to keep people in line! as they make moves too solidify their secret agendas and ulterior motives an use this as a distraction for the One World Government..........
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:56:28 PM

All fiat currencies are a "scam".
Hopefully, BTC will continue as a real alternative.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: