Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have a non-custodial checkout without running a full node?  (Read 337 times)
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2022, 07:06:41 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

I assumed that that was a new project.  I didn’t want to be too hard on someone who is excited about his new project.  He said there was “lots of room for improvement”, so I assumed that it was being improved.  I took that post within its four corners—only pointed out the obvious about keypools; HD wallet support is a basic MVP feature, a safety feature.  My bad.

A pile of unmaintained PHP code (srsly) that uses keypools, and is exclusively reliant on Blockchain(dot)(whatever)?  Mark Karpelès did better than this.

But its author has spare dev cycles to make videos promoting it on Youtube.

I built NoNodePay for this exact purpose a few years back, no lightning though. This is a simple shopping cart that creates keypool to give each buyer a unique address to pay to, as well as an admin dashboard to track orders, add new products etc. Lots of room for improvement but the basics are there.

https://github.com/coinables/NoNodePay

Here's a video demo and a walkthrough of how to set it up on just about any server, even free shared servers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBUnOFxe24s

Please, no.

The question from OP is on the Development Board, and the question was how would someone achieve this without using a node. I shared an old project that showed how one COULD DEVELOP their own solution by looking at how I created a simple shopping cart with very minimal code. It is not a product launch, and I'm not telling anyone to use it, but rather a sharing of ideas and approach of how to solve different solutions.

I know it's fun to make fun of PHP but it is a lot more helpful to see someone else's simple implementation instead of you typing on a board "just use an zpub bro".  They can build on whatever stack they want. The simpiler, the easier to understand the concept and develop for it.

That is what this board is about.  

Very few people are offering anything helpful and instead are just pumping their signature campaigns, so don't scold me about sharing a walkthrough on youtube.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: