Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:08:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing strong!  (Read 622 times)
Questat

Activity: 2814
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 12:18:30 PM

The steel hands are still awake holding strong and filling more bags let the weak hands continue to pool in the party we wait for the xxxxxx days ahead when the Bitcoin bull surfaces.

Quite an amazing feeling!
perhaps, it was their choice and we can't urge people to do that in the way that they have their own decision.
I do holding for some reason,
 - in order not to lose my money
 - believing the fact that the market will soon recover and I get paid off

Yeah, weak hands often get easily panic and sell their coins while strong hands will choose to wait for the right time to sell, and have faith.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 12:25:55 PM

"Here's to the crazy ones, the HODLERS, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see the market differently -- they're not fond of ATHs... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push BITCOIN forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can HODL forever, are the ones who do"

Steve Jobs

As far as I understand, if you buy an asset, for example BTC, then this asset should bring income. As a result, you need to fix profits. But if you constantly be a holder, then when will it be possible to take profits? It turns out the eternal holder = no profit? Perhaps this rule applies to those who control the market, but even they, I'm sure, periodically fix profits, thereby selling expensively on the market and buying up an asset at certain moments at a low price. For me, eternal hold is not an option, so I always try to take profits so as not to get into a situation where someone takes my invested funds for themselves.
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 12:28:54 PM

I see some people were very "bothered" why some of us decided to never sell even at an all time high. I remind them that everyone is free to decide regarding his own finances. If the move was wise or not it's something that time will decide. If you want to HODL then do it and do it as long as you want to; you don't need to justify yourself; if you want to sell, go on and sell, the whales are waiting for a bite.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
mbe48

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 01:39:18 PM

No problem for HODL, but are you sure the assets you are hoarding will be good one day? And 1 question that I think about, is HODL an obligation for a trader? In my opinion, HODL is an act of procrastination and if you procrastinate too long it's not necessarily worth it. If your asset goes down, you can do it for the cutloss method and replace it with a new asset with good fundamentals.
Get quick profits, don't have to delay the old ones
pawanjain

Activity: 2660
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 01:53:05 PM

HODLing since 2013, never sold a satoshi. The storm will pass and one day we will see BTC above $1xx,xxx . Good things come to those who wait. Losers deserve buying crappy fiat: money without long-term value backed by the banks. BTC is being too nice to the people: offering them so many buying opportunities yet they don't see them. Let them stay poor.

Hate to break it to you, if you never sold any, you never made a profit.
Paper gains are not real gains, as real gains or losses only happen when you click sell.

So it does not matter if you own millions of dollars worth of bitcoin,
if you are never going to sell, you are poorer than those that do lock in a profit every now and again.

There is an old saying, if you don't use it, you lose it.  Cool

Tough to say but you are right. It took me two major crashes to understand this fact.
The last one in 2018 and the current crash which is ongoing. We could have made profits selling above $50k and buying back now.
But by HODLing forever we are missing out on these profits as well.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
virtualdn
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 02:01:35 PM

You talk about the ATHs after they pass. It's easy to judge after the ATHs have passed: "Why haven't you sold??" But are you able to recognize the ATH when it takes place? Are you able to figure it out? Many sold BTC for nothing then price tripled. It's easy to discuss after. That's why HODLing and cashing out ONLY when YOU feel it's time to do it is the safest bet. BTC at 65k seemed low for me and haven't rushed cashing out because I know BTC's true potential. In my opinion BTC's value is somewhere in the $xxx,xxx range and could even reach $1,xxx,xxx at some point. And no, I'm not about the $100k psychological price. Probably many will sell at that point.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Ahli38

Activity: 798
Merit: 733

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2022, 02:12:36 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2022, 09:12:17 PM by Ahli38

I'm not a strong holder. But I know what it's like to hold back from wanting to sell. it's a tough road but true holder have faith that real profit is waiting at the end of the road.

my appreciation to the true holder.
I haven't been able to follow. i just sell at ATH and buy back base. Maybe if I have completely frozen funds then I can become a true holder. because only those who have strong frozen funds prevent them from selling in ath. possible. I really appreciate the true holders. they are people who have strong mental

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2022, 06:35:11 PM

There's nothing difficult holding bitcoins as long as you can hold them and have the patience to get to your desired price, and I'm also sure in the current market situation those who have been in the industry for a long time won't worry.
because they learn from experience and what is happening now often happens before which makes them do the same thing, namely Hodl and it doesn't matter how long they have to wait, because after a price decline occurs the price will definitely go up again and will get used to this incident without feeling emotions , just a matter of time and strong patience to endure it. And that increase is bound to happen.
Improvements are sure to happen and it's just waiting for the right time. I've been in the crypto world for a long time and have seen bitcoin crashes that were more severe than today. Psychology is a reference to continue to survive, to hold assets owned and have a reserve of funds to buy cheaper. So just have to wait without panic.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 06:59:15 PM

There's nothing difficult holding bitcoins as long as you can hold them and have the patience to get to your desired price, and I'm also sure in the current market situation those who have been in the industry for a long time won't worry.
because they learn from experience and what is happening now often happens before which makes them do the same thing, namely Hodl and it doesn't matter how long they have to wait, because after a price decline occurs the price will definitely go up again and will get used to this incident without feeling emotions , just a matter of time and strong patience to endure it. And that increase is bound to happen.
I have been in crypto for many years now and I can easily say that I am not worried about it at all. Do not get me wrong, it doesn't mean that I do not "care", because that is a different thing. Of course I care that the price went low, and I wish that it didn't and I would prefer the prices to be above 50k forever without ever going down.

I personally imagined it would never go down under 30k ever again, but I was wrong and it failed and it did went under 30k, looks like could even go under 20k as well. But just because I am sad that it did go down, doesn't mean that I will act on it, I just do not feel worried, I am sure it will eventually recover anyway.
Asiska02

Activity: 798
Merit: 669

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2022, 08:03:08 PM

These moments are passing times, it will be back to normal again. The people who can withstand the pressure and market downfall now would be those who will laugh last. It takes courage and patience to hodl coin during this period to reap the benefit later. But it is always said that good thing come to those who wait patiently. This too will pass and will become history, if we can bear the market now we’ll definitely smile at the end of the day.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Issa56

Activity: 1358
Merit: 908

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 09:10:19 PM

I am almost down 80% of my portfolio. But I am confident that Bitcoin will be more valuable than anything in the future.

Am also down down by 60%, but I don't panic because I believe it's going to bounce back, I still buy more with the extra money am having because I believe this is the right time to bag more coins because most of them are in dip. I will advise everyone not to panic and sell, if you are having extral fund you won't be needing for now, you can still bag more and wait for the bull run.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ninis45

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 10:00:18 PM

These moments are passing times, it will be back to normal again. The people who can withstand the pressure and market downfall now would be those who will laugh last. It takes courage and patience to hodl coin during this period to reap the benefit later. But it is always said that good thing come to those who wait patiently. This too will pass and will become history, if we can bear the market now we’ll definitely smile at the end of the day.
that's for sure friends..... those who are patient will benefit, but some of the altcoins that we hold will not return because it is difficult for them to rise when the market starts to recover so we need to be extra patient with risks that may not be worth it in the future

virtualdn
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:10:35 AM

Chill out everyone. Even if BTC will go down to $10,000, remember everything is temporary and there are only 19M coins available. Let the chickens run and be poor. You just HODL and one day you will reap the benefits Wink

1 BTC = 1 BTC
bluebit25

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2022, 09:29:34 AM

But people who have experienced joy from holding may have a simpler view of life as well as in the field of investing. I admit that the fact that if you are building a good holding strategy with assets like BTC, after many years, the benefit from it has been huge up to now. However, life is never easy, even when not everyone can do it, and those who have that ability are worth celebrating.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 09:11:06 PM

that's for sure friends..... those who are patient will benefit, but some of the altcoins that we hold will not return because it is difficult for them to rise when the market starts to recover so we need to be extra patient with risks that may not be worth it in the future
This is a guaranteed truth. People who hold bitcoin during this period will be the people who will make insane profits later on. In fact, it will be so much so that one day when bitcoin goes back up and earns us money, it will probably be bigger than the money we worked during the same period depending on the investment.

Let's say you live in the USA, you should be making at least 50k a year, if you invest 50k today and work for a whole year and earn 50k, by the time you earned that 50k, your initial investment of 50k could be bigger than 100k+ so that means while you earned the same amount, your profit of investment became bigger than your whole year of working. That's why it's so great to buy bitcoin right now.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████