Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:09:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FinCEN's Regulations to Persons Administering, Exchanging, or Using Virtual Curr  (Read 460 times)
pekv2 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:48:57 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 03:18:51 PM by pekv2

Could someone in laymen terms, explain what this means? And why?

FinCEN's Regulations to Persons Administering, Exchanging, or Using Virtual Currencies

http://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:59:41 PM

it just means as Bitcoin Central Bank President they're encroaching on my jurisdiction ill get in touch with them

though what they have posted is very unclear and contradicts itself every second sentence

within a few months the Bitcoin Central Bank will be releasing regulations and guidelines for users so please disregard any of this haphazard stuff

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:10:19 PM

it just means as Bitcoin Central Bank President they're encroaching on my jurisdiction ill get in touch with them

though what they have posted is very unclear and contradicts itself every second sentence

within a few months the Bitcoin Central Bank will be releasing regulations and guidelines for users so please disregard any of this haphazard stuff

Why does Bitcoin need a bank? That's honestly the most stupid thing I've ever heard of.
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 03:15:00 PM

This is how governments work.

This is a set of rules the US is thinking they can use to regulate Bitcoin.

The most important one being the very last one

12As our response is not in the form of an administrative ruling, the substance of this letter should not be considered determinative in any state or federal investigation, litigation, grand jury proceeding, or proceeding before any other governmental body.

It basically state, nothing in this document has any legal status.

However, if enough people start following the rules in the document, then they will create some rules to match what they suggested in the first place!

My advice is to read it, find the holes, and make sure you do things that way so you don't get caught out when these rules finally come in in a few years.  Oh, and keep quiet about what you are doing, and why!
Smiley

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: