Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:22:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Micheal Salyor decalogue for a 10x Bitcoin Appreciation  (Read 914 times)
takuma sato

Activity: 289
Merit: 409

View Profile
December 21, 2023, 05:41:48 AM

He doesn't wish to use a crypto currency as its intended, he wants more value.
That is the tenor of many, the complaint goes: its value is too little.

Which is the "use of a crypto currency is the one that is intended"?
I am perfectly fine with Micheal Saylor and whichever use he wants to do with this coins.
I am certainly less ok with people looking at MS as a mentor, or a Bitcoin evangelist
A figure that we need to follow in order for Bitcoin to succeed. No, bitcoin doesn't need  a marketing department.

Bitcoin doesn't need a marketing department but if no one what Michael Saylor does, Bitcoin may be less known, which would mean less market participants, which would mean less price. Same goes as not having fiat proxies, like ETFs, or MSTR itself, which I believe is better than any ETF. Michael Saylor uses debt in a great way, borrows at very low interest, buys BTC, and increases the holdings of BTC of their company. Instead of charging you management fees diluting your BTC exposure, he increases it. This guy is great and is putting his money where his mouth is. He isn't bluffing, and he gets BTC. As a result, he does great marketing for BTC while helping the price. There's also nothing wrong about being on BTC to hold and see the price increase, that is a legit use case, basically the most basic one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinggoki

Activity: 1456
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 21, 2023, 06:18:43 AM

Micheal Saylor thinks those are the milestones of Bitcoin as an asset class, everyone has to cooperate to get those removed, and empower bitcoin as an ultimate asset class.
Seeing how the ordinals are still in existence because we're so afraid of what the miners are going to do if we remove it says something about cooperation, bitcoin is just too profitable for some people that they don't like the idea of this even though they're still probably going to get more out of it if it comes to be, and there's also the anti-bitcoin institutions like banks and investment companies that will be trying to fight bitcoin from becoming a big thing that will eclipse them and the governments of many countries still resisting since they don't like the idea that there's financial freedom for people without their help or intervention.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
WillyAp

Activity: 672
Merit: 16

Looking for guilt best look first into a mirror

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2023, 01:07:15 PM

the anti-bitcoin institutions like banks and investment companies that will be trying to fight bitcoin from becoming ....

​I don't think that banks are anti crypto. They are just afraid of the pressure a government can give them.

Do you think that banks are against cash payments into bank accounts? They gladly would take millions if not for the government which would do something against them. If you have a licence, which moves money, employs thousands of people you just need to be careful.

Marketing in EN und DE
Fiatless

Activity: 532
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 21, 2023, 04:12:00 PM

Bitcoin doesn't need a marketing department but if no one what Michael Saylor does, Bitcoin may be less known, which would mean less market participants, which would mean less price. Same goes as not having fiat proxies, like ETFs, or MSTR itself, which I believe is better than any ETF. Michael Saylor uses debt in a great way, borrows at very low interest, buys BTC, and increases the holdings of BTC of their company. Instead of charging you management fees diluting your BTC exposure, he increases it. This guy is great and is putting his money where his mouth is. He isn't bluffing, and he gets BTC. As a result, he does great marketing for BTC while helping the price. There's also nothing wrong about being on BTC to hold and see the price increase, that is a legit use case, basically the most basic one.
We need sincere celebrities like Michael Saylor who are diehard proponents of Bitcoin to keep spreading the news about Bitcoin. We all know that institutional investors are in the Bitcoin space to make a profit but it also affects the price positively. We need this support in the bitcoin system but there is scepticism that institutional investors are driving the Bitcoin space to centralisation.

the anti-bitcoin institutions like banks and investment companies that will be trying to fight bitcoin from becoming ....

​I don't think that banks are anti crypto. They are just afraid of the pressure a government can give them.

Do you think that banks are against cash payments into bank accounts? They gladly would take millions if not for the government which would do something against them. If you have a licence, which moves money, employs thousands of people you just need to be careful.
Banks are profit-making organisations that will accept any business that will bring more gains. Banks in my country were comfortable with crypto transactions until the government came up with draconian legislation that banned them from dealing with cryptocurrencies. So I agree that banks are not anti Bitcoin but they just have to respect the laws of the country.   

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
WillyAp

Activity: 672
Merit: 16

Looking for guilt best look first into a mirror

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2023, 12:55:30 PM

Banks are profit-making organisations that will accept any business that will bring more gains. Banks in my country were comfortable with crypto transactions until the government came up with draconian legislation that banned them from dealing with cryptocurrencies. So I agree that banks are not anti Bitcoin but they just have to respect the laws of the country.   

Yes and TYI all bunisseses are conducted to create a profit.
Binance is, and Binance is able to pay a whooping fine over 4 000 0000 0000 US$.

Marketing in EN und DE
Bananington

Activity: 1400
Merit: 340

View Profile
December 24, 2023, 01:37:08 PM

We need sincere celebrities like Michael Saylor who are diehard proponents of Bitcoin to keep spreading the news about Bitcoin. We all know that institutional investors are in the Bitcoin space to make a profit but it also affects the price positively. We need this support in the bitcoin system but there is scepticism that institutional investors are driving the Bitcoin space to centralisation.

Everyone can easily see how much knowledge and insight Michael Saylor has on the context of crypto currency mostly BTC, with his thought showing an appreciation for BTC. Well, he is a business CEO and is more than just a believer, but an investor in the crypto currency market.
I agree that cryptocurrency needs to be properly regulated so as more countries would allow it be a legal tender for transactions rather than it being termed as a tool for money launderers and terrorists elements. With such directional discussion, we hope to see the crypto market being more stable and less volatile, giving value in return for its decentralized and private nature of which makes many investors DCA rather than save their funds in the local banks.

BTC is still the leader in the cryptocurrencies movement because the management and developers are trying so much more to enact some regulations and initiatives to steady its vision of making it a profitable currency for both trading, certain transactional payments and a number one investment choice for good returns and security.
Michael understands this and we got to appreciate that he understands what is wanted and can say it without biase of belief.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
DrBeer
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2023, 03:06:19 PM

[edited out]
1. "I am not going to back up my assertion that bitcoin is around 1,000x or more valuable than gold." - then you should write - I have a FANTASY that bitcoin is 1000x better than gold Smiley If there is no argument - it is called a fantasy or a dream Smiley

That may well be your perspective in regards to my way of framing matters, and I have plenty of posts and even fairly organized information regarding my various theories of bitcoin and its price dynamics, and I even seemed to have explained it well enough for you in such a way that I don't need to explain any further than I already have.

Another thing, whether or not the specifics are correct likely does not matter very much, so there is no real need to get caught up in academic level justifications of the magnitude of the difference in value between bitcoin and gold, and we can even see that since bitcoin has been in existence (and we do not even need to go back to its 2009 beginnings or 2010 when it first started to realize some monetary value), but instead we might even start from something like early 2012 when bitcoin had a spot price of around $4, and if we go from there, we can see that bitcoin has been fairly consistency increasing in value compared to gold, and sure there have been ups and downs along the way, but directionally, it should be fairly clear to an overwhelming number of folks who have been paying attention to the space (rather than in their own fantasies that deny the value and/or the price direction of bitcoin) that bitcoin has been and will likely continue to eat gold's lunch, even though the magnitude and intensity in which bitcoin continues to eat gold's lunch might well be a bit of speculation, but there are plenty of reasons to see that bitcoin is way stronger than gold in terms of each of the monetary characteristics.. including in the neighborhood of 1,000x better.

Do you happen to know the monetary characteristics of verifiablity/recognizability, scarcity, transportability/portability, unit of account, divisibility (and sure there are some others, too, such as the use of third parties and expenses in using it)?

Do you happen to know that right now the world has around $900 Trillion in various asset classes and money that represents bitcoin's addressable market?  and gold is about $12 trillion of that and bitcoin is right around $0.7 trillion... yet at the same time, the addressable market is likely going to increase in the future, including what bitcoin brings to the table and we are likely quite easily able to imagine a future world in which bitcoin's addressable market is $2.1 quadrillion or more, which is already more than 1,000 times greater than gold's current valuation, and I really doubt that gold is going to end absorbing that addressable market, especially since gold had already had opportunities to gain in market share and to increase it's addressable market, yet gold does not even seem to be better than fiat and the various ways that fiat systems have been able to suppress gold over the last 50 years, in spite of your chart trying to show how wonderful gold has been since 1971.. which seems to be more of a fantasy in regards to golds future potential than anything.

2. "Sure it is.  But is it still your choice regarding what position size you take, if any, and yeah if you end up choosing not to get into bitcoin and staying on zero, then you probably are not choosing correctly, and you are free to do what you like.... and also to have fun staying poor, too." - you are so brave to paint my story as if you were my close friend Smiley))))) But again, start such sentences with the phrase "I assume". I've been in cryptocurrency since 2014. Investing, accumulating, earning from it and not badly. So your assumptions are "not even in the target" Smiley

If you are in cryptocurrency then you are pretty vague about what you are in and what you are talking about. 

here we are talking about bitcoin, so maybe you would like to focus your selfie a wee bit moar better?

So maybe you want to clarify... Have you been in bitcoin since 2014?  Are you still in bitcoin?   And can you show me where on the doll that bitcoin has hurt you?

3. "About stupid and poor" - again your morbid fantasies Smiley Both charts show the REAL value of an asset in the real world, not the fairy tale world. At the same time you again make an incomprehensible assumption that I invest in gold. I take it the word "diversification of investments" is not familiar to you ? Smiley

There is no need to diversify into gold.. especially if you have bitcoin.  there is also no need to diversify into shitcoins.

So yeah, if you are referring to diversification of real world assets, then traditionally those would be considered to be equities, property, bonds, commodities and cash or cash equivalents.  If you are a new investor, you also may not need to diversify until maybe you build your investment portfolio and/or your savings up to a certain high enough level in which it starts to make sense to diversify, whether that is 25%, 50%, 100% or even 200% of your annual salary/expenses or some other level would be somewhat of a discretionary consideration and it makes more sense to diversify the larger amount of wealth that you have in your investment portfolio, but there is no reason to diversify for the mere sake of diversification, so a brand new investor into bitcoin, may well start investing into bitcoin and cash, and so likely with any investment there is a need to have an emergency fund of 3-6 months when embarking on investing and frequently there can be needs to get debt into a meaningful place, such as eliminating some of the debt that charges high percentages,

and so if someone just hears about bitcoin, they still might want to get started investing into it right away (which I suggest to be a good idea), but at the same time, they likely are  going to need to make sure that they get other aspects of their finances and psychology in order in order that they can be aggressive as they are able to be without recking themselves (and/or without putting their finances at risk).  In any event diversification for the mere sake of diversification is not necessarily a good idea, and probably not a good idea until a person gets to stage of having some decent sized investment portfolio, and there is no reason to actually not get started investing in bitcoin while they are getting their shit together and then focusing mostly on bitcoin while they are building up to a state of affairs in which diversification is starting to seem more justifiable rather than engaging in diversification merely because it sounds like a great buzz word and they don't know what the fuck they are doing so they merely diversify for the mere sake of diversifying.. 

1. Let's get to the FACTS ? Smiley "but there are plenty of reasons to see that bitcoin is way stronger than gold in terms of each of the monetary characteristics... including in the neighborhood of 1,000x better." - please state the arguments that will prove your PROPOSAL ?

2. "If you are in cryptocurrency then you are pretty vague about what you are in and what you are talking about.
here we are talking about bitcoin, so maybe you would like to focus your selfie a wee bit moar better?
So maybe you want to clarify... Have you been in bitcoin since 2014?  Are you still in bitcoin? And can you show me where on the doll that bitcoin has hurt you?"
Let's emphasize your assumptions with the phrase "and it seems to me that" first, and then your fantasy. Otherwise it looks like a narrative that you are just trying to attribute to me Smiley

I answer - personally I have NOT lost, because I approach the question from the point of view of an investor who assesses risks. Moreover, I have earned money, and very well. And I continue to earn. But the problem is that 99% of ordinary people do not behave this way, unfortunately. if everyone were smart - everyone would earn, but as practice has shown - only a few people earn money on crypto.

3. "There is no need to diversify into gold ... especially if you have bitcoin. there is also no need to diversify into shitcoins...."

Diversification is one of the key rules for life and not only for investors. Anything that has potential can be a diversified asset. Anything you can get your hands on that is investable can and should be used to create a diversified portfolio. This is normal. Of course, I agree that you shouldn't spread yourself across 100500 assets. I have chosen a limited list of assets for myself - real estate, currencies, gold, cryptocurrencies (which in the medium term have the potential to grow) and some others. And this model shows itself very well, even in my country where the economy is unstable, because my country is now suffering from a terrorist war unleashed by a neighboring state.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10161

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 24, 2023, 04:51:16 PM

[edited out]
1. Let's get to the FACTS ? Smiley "but there are plenty of reasons to see that bitcoin is way stronger than gold in terms of each of the monetary characteristics... including in the neighborhood of 1,000x better." - please state the arguments that will prove your PROPOSAL ?

I have already stated enough reasons.   You can believe it or not, and you can choose your investments according to your beliefs.  Also, this is not a gold versus bitcoin thread, so there is no need to get into those kinds of details, more than I have already referred to the various characteristics of money and that it seems pretty apparent that bitcoin beats gold in all of the areas, whether bitcoin merely catches up to gold (thus increasing in price 20x to reach gold parity in terms of market cap) or bitcoin goes 10x, 100x or even 1000x higher than gold is still to be seen... but you know the various measures (and you can go through them yourself) of scarcity, verifiability, transportability, divisibility, unit of account and costs in terms of needs for 3rd party involvement and problems with physicality... and perhaps gold's various industrial / jewelry uses distracts from its monetary value too.

As I already noted several times, we also can also clearly see that BTC has greatly outperformed gold, even if we might take away the earliest years of bitcoin (because of the unfair advantage of brand new adoption), but still if we measure from 2013 to present, we can see that bitcoin has done around 200x better performance than gold, and bitcoin has gone from just below 0.1 ounces of gold to 20 ounces of gold currently.. which continues to show the direction that we are going and likely to continue to go.. you can believe it or not. and you can invest accordingly.. hopefully you are not going to put very much value into gold relative to bitcoin, perhaps 10% of the size of your BTC holdings at most...and even that is likely to be a losing portion of your portfolio, but if you feel like hedging into gold maybe limit that size to 10% or less...  and surely in the end these are personal choices and you are free to do what you like, including having fun staying poor.

https://www.longtermtrends.net/bitcoin-vs-gold/

2. "If you are in cryptocurrency then you are pretty vague about what you are in and what you are talking about.
So maybe you want to clarify... Have you been in bitcoin since 2014?  Are you still in bitcoin? And can you show me where on the doll that bitcoin has hurt you?"
Let's emphasize your assumptions with the phrase "and it seems to me that" first, and then your fantasy. Otherwise it looks like a narrative that you are just trying to attribute to me Smiley

I answer - personally I have NOT lost, because I approach the question from the point of view of an investor who assesses risks. Moreover, I have earned money, and very well. And I continue to earn. But the problem is that 99% of ordinary people do not behave this way, unfortunately. if everyone were smart - everyone would earn, but as practice has shown - only a few people earn money on crypto.

First of all, how many times do I have to repeat myself that we are talking about bitcoin here, not crypto.  Sure, there is no problem to weave crypto into the topic to the extent that it might be relevant to make certain points, but the thrust of the discussion is about bitcoin and if you have grievances and/or gripes about bitcoin, then state them clearly in terms of bitcoin rather than speaking in gobbledy gook, and yeah maybe I can infer that you are talking about bitcoin when you say "crypto," but surely it is not as clear as if you were to just use the right word (bitcoin) in order that we might be a bit more clear about what you are talking about.

Second, I don't really have any problem with the idea that some portfolios perform better than others, and portfolio performance is not completely measuring whether the portfolio had been successful in terms of protecting against downside risks...  So sure, I will grant you that  there are needs to mitigate risks; however, you could still mitigate risks and still be invested in bitcoin, and even in 2014, there are ways to get into bitcoin, at even 1% of your investment portfolio, and still you would have had sufficiently mitigated risks... but if you stayed mostly on zero and you traded in and out of bitcoin, you likely fucked up over the past 9-ish years.

A mere $35 per week (right around $5 per day) over the past 9.5 years would have resulted in right around $17.5k invested and an accumulation of right around 14.7 BTC (average cost per BTC of right around $2,400 and current value of $643k.. which is right around 37x difference between the amount invested and the current value ($643k/$17.5k)), and surely the amount would have been potentially reasonable, and sure if you have a smaller budget then the amount could be adjusted to your budget in order to recognize and appreciate that there is power in long term investing that that might even allow for the mitigation of risks by investing ONLY an amount that is fairly easily within your budget.

3. "There is no need to diversify into gold ... especially if you have bitcoin. there is also no need to diversify into shitcoins...."
Diversification is one of the key rules for life and not only for investors. Anything that has potential can be a diversified asset. Anything you can get your hands on that is investable can and should be used to create a diversified portfolio. This is normal. Of course, I agree that you shouldn't spread yourself across 100500 assets. I have chosen a limited list of assets for myself - real estate, currencies, gold, cryptocurrencies (which in the medium term have the potential to grow) and some others. And this model shows itself very well, even in my country where the economy is unstable, because my country is now suffering from a terrorist war unleashed by a neighboring state.

I probably already sufficiently and adequately addressed this, and surely people have differing opinions on when, or into what, and/or how much to diversify, so I am not against the idea of diversification.

For example, there is likely no need to diversify for the mere sake of it, if someone is starting out investing $35 per week, there may well be no need to diversify until reaching a certain level of investment.  Also before anyone should invest at all, it is likely better to make sure he builds an emergency fund that is 3 to 6 months of income and/or expenses, and having an emergency fund is a form of diversification; however, with bitcoin, I frequently suggest that people get started right away, and they can build their emergency fund at the same time that they are investing into bitcoin... so there could be some challenges with a person who might ONLY have around $35 per week of extra income to both build his emergency fund and his BTC investment at the same time.

Of course if you already have an investment portfolio that is about 25% to 5x the size of your annual income/expenses, then you are are at more luxury to start to diversify, and at what point would it be justified to start to diversify is a discretionary question, and then we get into what to diversify into and how much into each.. NO problem with those ideas, but people are still not going to necessarily agree on the specifics, yet I am going to argue to the death that diversification is not necessary for a brand new investor, and he may even be at liberty and even in a better position to not be diversifying until at least getting to a place in which his investment portfolio is reaching at least 25% of his annual income/expenses.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: