Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:02:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Meta (facebook) launches NFT display options on Facebook.  (Read 184 times)
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 10, 2022, 09:46:57 PM

Do you think there exist a privacy risk if the wallet is linked with Facebook or other social media? Will facebook users will still have the option to use metamask or facebook will develop his own wallet?
From what happened to the old Cambridge Analytica scandal, I would not trust Facebook that much. I would not even involve my wallet nor my money if there was an option to do so. I am not sure how owuld Zuckerberg would implement this in terms of scalability considering that there are way too many users now in Facebook, lol.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2022, 11:29:46 AM

Few days ago, Meta company announced  launch of a new NFT display options on Facebook.
Facebook users will be able to create posts with custom NFT, with a Digital Collectible tag.
Profiles will also have a new, dedicated NFT section to show off their NFT artworks.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/nfts-to-appear-on-facebook-cross-post-with-instagram-as-meta-web3-expansion-continues?

Do you think there exist a privacy risk if the wallet is linked with Facebook or other social media? Will facebook users will still have the option to use metamask or facebook will develop his own wallet?

Sooner or later, meta will create their own wallet maybe their own chain as well. We can say that, their continuous innovation can make things possible. Privacy risk? I don't think our privacy will be at risk, a user should also be responsible for every actions that he will make. Every project has their own security team, and user should be part of it because most of the time the reason why a person got hack is because of his own fault.

For the better or worse this will happened, Meta (and maybe other big tech company) will jump completely into the Crypto ship, whether the crypto community like it or not. But about the Privacy, I think what most people worry is that Meta with their Facebook and Instagram has share their user data to the 3rd party with some shady way, and most of the crypto guy hate that kind of thing.

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
July 12, 2022, 04:12:54 PM

Regarding their Diem project, it's been since a long time ago that it has been getting scrutiny. So, I don't think there is any hope that Meta will look further into it.

~
I also expect that the crises experienced by the company regarding its infringement of the privacy of users and the dangerous exploitation of their personal data was very influential for the authorities in making a decision regarding the eligibility of the company to establish its own financial system.

I can't quite recall what exactly the roots of the problem that makes the project gets abandoned. If I'm not mistaken, the privacy implications only give a backslash for them who have initiated expanding their business into the financial sector. Though, those things surely do affect public and government opinion for Diem. One thing I remember back then was Diem investors' are ditching the project away.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
July 12, 2022, 04:39:02 PM

Facebook is already into the threatening of privacy. Not the search engine results are getting popped as advertisements, but the conversation we make between friends based on a product/service were also coming as suggestion when we open facebook. This is how the privacy of facebook. Now with this, we can get to see more NFT suggestions on our page. Finally it reveals the particular wallet belongs to the specific person.
More bad news for Facebook, they also downsize and cut down a lot of employees too. It seems like they trying to get people into anything that gives them back info/money at this point. Basically, seeing you only as a cow, how to milk you as best as they can, not even at the customer level anymore. Your privacy is now being disregarded more than ever.
It should not surprise us that Facebook is doing this, all of those companies do not see people as clients in the conventional sense as any other business does.

They see people as just cattle from which they can extract a lot of information and then use it against them, so I am not surprised they are trying to get into the NFT market, and even if the hype for those projects is over for now as long as they can get even more information out of you they do not care about that fact.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████