Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:00:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Nxt] Decentralized App Store  (Read 6548 times)
v39453

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:16:13 PM

Outstanding. Looking forward to having a play with this.

Could be used to buy/sell crypto currencies by storing the address and private key and releasing them to a buyer? Or do I misunderstand?

I think so, yes. There is a danger that the seller would spend the coins at the same time as he sells them. But I think I read on the other thread that somebody is working for atomic cross-chain transactions, which would solve this issue, but I don't know a lot about that.

Good to see this discussion continued here, hard to follow in the massive Nxt thread.  I still like the idea of magnet links listed in the client, click and the marketplace GUI is loaded into the client.  There was a BTT member (Fry) that was interested in developing.  Would love to get more brainstorming here, this could be a great thing to have.

I'm creating a command-line version as a proof of concept. I'll probably offer a bounty for a GUI version.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
v39453

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:19:34 PM

I like the private asset exchange,i also proposed it in the main thread some days ago.
It would only need the possibility to issue an asset with a keypass,and the issuer would give the keypass to whoever he wants.It would be great for internal things in enterprises,or private groups,or things like for example a company issuing ticket-restaurants in a certain zone.

My prediction is that we will see many different kinds of marketplaces on top of the Nxt blockchain, with different features and rules. The Nxt network seems to be efficient enough to handle a large number of signalling transactions in addition to the normal spending transactions.
Isildur23

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:48:07 PM

Outstanding. Looking forward to having a play with this.

Could be used to buy/sell crypto currencies by storing the address and private key and releasing them to a buyer? Or do I misunderstand?

I think so, yes. There is a danger that the seller would spend the coins at the same time as he sells them. But I think I read on the other thread that somebody is working for atomic cross-chain transactions, which would solve this issue, but I don't know a lot about that.

Good to see this discussion continued here, hard to follow in the massive Nxt thread.  I still like the idea of magnet links listed in the client, click and the marketplace GUI is loaded into the client.  There was a BTT member (Fry) that was interested in developing.  Would love to get more brainstorming here, this could be a great thing to have.

I'm creating a command-line version as a proof of concept. I'll probably offer a bounty for a GUI version.

I hope your work is progressing well. If you want to share some more thoughts, there is a new forum for Nxt here http://107.170.117.237/

Ties are a prison for the soul...
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:13:33 AM

good to see this thread is live again. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print