Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:59:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Class in my Village High School  (Read 1217 times)
uchegod-21

Activity: 938
Merit: 593

BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.

View Profile
June 30, 2022, 11:14:15 PM

By the way, great job. I think that is not possible in other countries where school classes have tight schedules/agendas, subjects that must be lectured and everything is timed so that the annual agenda is fullfiled and the school program is completed by the end of the schoolar year. Also, the schools principals/directors probably wouldn't agree with such initiative because I think such initiative would have to be approved by governemnts, pass the filter of regulations, etc, etc, etc, if you know what I mean!
You are absolutely right. The academic standards or norms differ from country to country. In some other countries, there will never be free time for a lecture like this and the government or concerned authorities censor whatever information that they want the students to have. While in some other countries, there might not be much attention to what is taught the students, and this will say the level of development of the country or state.

2. Please I am really sorry. The forum is anonymous so it's users are also anonymous. But the country is from Africa.
That is not the concept of being anonymous and also it is not compulsory to be anonymous. Check my profile you will see my country and age, it's a matter of choice. Many members of this forum belong to different local boards which says their country and it doesn't mean that they are no longer anonymous. I think the famous bitcoin pizza man even gave out his address or something close to that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkv0rt3x

Activity: 1204
Merit: 658

I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 08:07:58 AM

@Agbe, a few questions I woul like to ask:

1 - Are you a graduated teacher or how were you accepted to teach in a class?

2 - What country was that?

3 - How did you come up with the classes schedule/agenda for each day? Like, how did you come up with the line up of subjects?

4 - How the school managed to include your class in the current classes? I mean, where did the class that was lectured at that time, went? Did they moved the classes or they were simply removed from the schedule?

By the way, great job. I think that is not possible in other countries where school classes have tight schedules/agendas, subjects that must be lectured and everything is timed so that the annual agenda is fullfiled and the school program is completed by the end of the schoolar year. Also, the schools principals/directors probably wouldn't agree with such initiative because I think such initiative would have to be approved by governemnts, pass the filter of regulations, etc, etc, etc, if you know what I mean!

First of all thank you very much for your encouragement and questions. As for the first question, yes I am a graduate teacher. I am a professional teacher in the school. I just finished my national service program. And since there is no government job in the country, I went to the school and teach them as a free service from me but the principal said he is going to give me small thing from his pocket every month.

2. Please I am really sorry. The forum is anonymous so it's users are also anonymous. But the country is from Africa.

3. Yes the question three was a big issue but it has been resolved. The time table of the subjects were rearranged and the free periods were also utilized.

4. I believed the question four has been answered in question three but a part is still left. The classes are taking place in the classrooms as it is shown from the images.

Once again thank you very much for your encouragement.

Hi

Thanks for replying.
As per Question 2, no problem if you don't want to disclose the country. To know that is in Africa is good enough.
In question 4 I rather tried to ask what happened to the classes that were being lectured in the time where your's was lectured. Did they move them to another time of the day or they were simply removed?
Like, from 8:00am to 10:00am, before you started the Bitcoin classes, something else was probably being lectured, right? So, these ones that were being lectured before moved to another time of the day or were simply removed? Or were you the teacher at that time already and you just changed the class subject?

You are absolutely right. The academic standards or norms differ from country to country. In some other countries, there will never be free time for a lecture like this and the government or concerned authorities censor whatever information that they want the students to have. While in some other countries, there might not be much attention to what is taught the students, and this will say the level of development of the country or state.

That is not the concept of being anonymous and also it is not compulsory to be anonymous. Check my profile you will see my country and age, it's a matter of choice. Many members of this forum belong to different local boards which says their country and it doesn't mean that they are no longer anonymous. I think the famous bitcoin pizza man even gave out his address or something close to that.

No problem is he doesn't want to disclose his country. I understand. And yeah, completely, Academic standards seems to be quite different in this case!

Bitcoin is energy. Bitcoin is freedom
I rather die on my feet than living on my knees!
Agbe (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1252

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 09:47:13 AM

In question 4 I rather tried to ask what happened to the classes that were being lectured in the time where your's was lectured. Did they move them to another time of the day or they were simply removed?
Like, from 8:00am to 10:00am, before you started the Bitcoin classes, something else was probably being lectured, right? So, these ones that were being lectured before moved to another time of the day or were simply removed? Or were you the teacher at that time already and you just changed the class subject?

From the OP as it is stated clearly that bitcoin is not a subject on it own. It is a topic under Economics and and Economics as a subject was already fixed in the timetable. I only fixed bitcoin in the topic 'Stock-exchange Market. The only thing I did was to use the free period of the timetable which was adjusted to teach the bitcoin class.

goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1677

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2022, 10:05:55 AM

It is no longer a news that education (information) is the key to human life. If you are not informed definitely you must be deformed. So last week I took a bold step by meeting my village high school principal and discussed with him to teach the school students "bitcoin" from junior classes to senior classes, and I told him the numerous benefits. The students will be also exposed to the cryptocurrency ecosystem, license (liberty) to own any amount of bitcoin, make transactions to any country without limit, there will be no central authority or bank (intermediary) control of the assets. Individuals control their bitcoin through seed phrase. They can use it to buy and sell goods and services online with ease, investing and the etc. And the principal accepted my request. So yesterday, I entered the class to start the teaching. In fact the students really enjoyed the class. In the evaluation time, the students respond well. I believe that is a good development. And the following scheme of work and the lesson note was form to start the almost gone academic session.

Very cool! I am 110% onboard with this!

Education is really the key to becoming a better person and obviously, a much wealthier person. The fact that teachers like this still exist is like a breath of fresh air for me. I do however worry if they can really afford to make investment decisions on volatile currencies when their lives are already very much dependent on day-to-day expenses which leave them with nothing to spare for Bitcoin investments?

I wish the students and the teachers best of luck and a happy Bitcoin life!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Agbe (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1252

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 01:28:39 AM

_ I do however worry if they can really afford to make investment decisions on volatile currencies when their lives are already very much dependent on day-to-day expenses which leave them with nothing to spare for Bitcoin investments?

I wish the students and the teachers best of luck and a happy Bitcoin life!

You just say the truth but nothing but the truth. God will see us through. It is not an easy decision over here. Though we invest but not as the way is expected.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2022, 09:35:46 AM

It's really nice to see that there is someone willing to educate the people in his country/town about bitcoin without expecting any return. Based on the picture, people there must have few access on the internet unlike what other countries have now where it is already become part of their daily life. It is good that those children will be educated at a young age about what is bitcoin not like here in my country where it is depicted as a scam even though internet is already accessible to almost everyone.
darkv0rt3x

Activity: 1204
Merit: 658

I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 09:47:04 PM

From the OP as it is stated clearly that bitcoin is not a subject on it own. It is a topic under Economics and and Economics as a subject was already fixed in the timetable. I only fixed bitcoin in the topic 'Stock-exchange Market. The only thing I did was to use the free period of the timetable which was adjusted to teach the bitcoin class.

Ohh ok. I didn't understood it that way. Well, once more, good job an dplease keep the education on economics, blockchain, Bitcoin, etc. It's really important to give these tools (knowledge) to the kids, early in school. The sooner the better. And make a point on Austrian Economics rather than Keynes bullshit that has been poisoning our societies for decades. At least give'em the 2 sides of the story and let them chose their sides!

Bitcoin is energy. Bitcoin is freedom
I rather die on my feet than living on my knees!
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 10:30:49 PM

It's cheerful to see that this is happening.

It should come from the syllabus of the school itself and as well as be part of their curriculum. But it seems that many schools are not yet ready for it and having that initiative is courageous and brave.

In due time, you and your school will see the effect that you've done to these students. Especially those that will take it seriously.

Signature for rent
wiss19

Activity: 2114
Merit: 338

View Profile
July 04, 2022, 03:55:03 PM

The great thing about bitcoin is that if we could get it to people who are not doing well in any other way, they could just get one pc, or one mobile phone and find a way to make enough profit to actually change their life. I mean think about it there are places where making 20 bucks per week is still not a bad deal, not awesome but not bad at all.

Those people learning about crypto, not just for investment but to learn how they could take advantage of the cheap work force they own, and make a lot of money from that, then they would be able to profit a ton. Like imagine axie infinity scholarship at the peak times for these people, that would have been insane.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
kelonmusk

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

COMBO Network ex COCOS-BCX

View Profile
July 04, 2022, 10:55:57 PM

With very minimal study room facilities, they are very enthusiastic about doing it and I hope you can also improve the facilities in teaching because Crypto is very closely related to technology and the internet so the support you have at school is very much needed and how noble you are to teach in that class, hopefully in the future the class will produce students who can improve the Crypto ecosystem in your country.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2022, 12:34:25 PM

Great Job Kiss
These are the kind of steps which we would wants our Government to take into action and i surely believe before they passes their Higher school and obtain their Certificates they would learn and more about Crypto's most especially Bitcoin and it related currencies.
Furthermore, If their government will including it to their WAEC then your moves would have been the best as of all but nevertheless, it is self education and they keep to practices and have basic fundamentals about digitalizations.

Together we keep spreading to the world to make them aware that Bitcoin has come to stay!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Quippery

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2022, 06:32:43 AM

It’s a great step to introduce students to Bitcoin. But make sure that you pass down the right knowledge, so always do proper research and make notes before you give a lesson. Also, try to make it easier for them. Use charts or diagrams to explain them better. Good luck!
Franctoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 546

View Profile
July 07, 2022, 01:45:09 PM

Incredible job mate , It's time we have to start taking the bulls by his Horn and organize things by ourselves without the government.
Financial Education is one very important aspect of our lives that the educational system has overlooked.
After all the academic qualifications gotten from school, at last the whole thing would still ball down to making money, while the major key player to it is neglected during our studies in Schools, and the impact of this becomes increasing poverty in so many countries because people were not taught how to make money in school.

In addition to your efforts in giving out this Bitcoin education to those children, I advice you
Also use this opportunity to inform the children to use the Bitcoin knowledge you're impacting on them today to also help pass to others tomorrow when they're well grown up.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
famososMuertos
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 2731

LE ☮︎ Halving es la purga

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2022, 02:22:47 PM

Valuable effort! Hopefully the trend grows, would be cool see more teachers involved, the impulse in these new generations will be incredible, especially in countries where economic difficulties prevail.

I think I should, of course, before saying that if it is within your reach, add the practical part, bitcoin itself in its theory of premises is very simple (not its technical part), but putting a hardware in the hands of these young people (pc, tablet, phone...) that allows them to perceive the practical effect is much great in inspiration.

...//...:::
+1
Thanks for your comment, you referencing the other thread it saved me some time, I was a bit confused by the fact that I remembered that it had merited a similar story,

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀

alpamar99

Activity: 1092
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 07, 2022, 02:49:55 PM

There are some corrections that you have to fix in the learning that is being carried out but apart from that I really appreciate what you are doing and what you are doing is quite impressive here because at least with this you can provide a deeper understanding of providing education in crypto, especially bitcoin.
But indeed my little suggestion is if there is still no clarity about some information such as about Satoshi which you specifically mention is a group or community. if this information is still gray, then it's a good idea to describe it for real right now so that it doesn't cause misunderstandings in other people's thoughts later.

Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
July 07, 2022, 04:45:49 PM

Glad to see this types of posts.
Really I am feeling proud that something I admire or love which is not legalised anywhere is admired and taught to young generation.
Really a big round of applauds for the principal or the curriculum maker to add this subject in their course curriculum.
It is making me curious that , what country is OP From? Are Bitcoins legalised in your country?
Waiting for answers OP.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BobK71

Activity: 2128
Merit: 655

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 07, 2022, 05:26:12 PM

Thank you for teaching students about Bitcoin directly. If the younger generation get the idea about bitcoin then we can see the permanent stability of this bitcoin where no can restrict it. In other words, we will see that bitcoin will be used officially. Everyone who is a teacher like you should teach students ins and outs about Bitcoin. Why we need bitcoin? What is the advantages of using bitcoin? etc.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Proro

Activity: 74
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 27, 2022, 06:58:58 PM

Wow. Great job mate, teaching the children in school about Bitcoin and digital currency will make them get an early awearness of it on time and will give the serious ones an insight and opportunity to invest in it later in the future.

But I suggest u teach them about the fundamentals first before teaching them about the opportunity and it's benefits, because teaching the about the benefits too soon will make them think that it magical and one will get rich immediately he or she invest in it.

And if we continue like this is going to being about great revolution on Bitcoin. Good one
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 27, 2022, 07:28:13 PM

This should be a trend in all school teaching students what is crypto currency and how Bitcoin did become a trend nowadays. Teaching basic economics and how to invest plus teaching them the fundamentals about Bitcoin on why did Satoshi created it. Not every school would teach like this that's why I'm so proud if someone did it especially with a place like in OP that seems to look like a third world country. At least children/students will learn what is Bitcoin and it would be better if teaching them how the market works, trading, p2p, wallet, everything, etc

Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 27, 2022, 07:56:55 PM

Great effort op even though it's a drop, but many drops do form the ocean. Truth is that most people feel that popular cryptocurrencies like BTC, ETH etc are useful as investments or are simply scams.

Very few feel like utilising them as payment methods which is what needs to be addressed in the long-term. Treating them as assets should be secondary in comparison.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: