Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Parliament Group Seeks Views from Crypto Industry Players  (Read 125 times)
Novita (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 31, 2022, 01:13:59 AM

The parliamentary group in the UK is the Crypto and Digital Assets All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG), my question is what is this
will help bring industry stakeholders together with policy makers, how would you respond?

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │      TRIDENT PROTOCOL      │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL

██████████████|               Twitter               |              Telegram              |                Reddit                |██████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 31, 2022, 01:40:54 AM

Appgs are informal groups in Parliament that are more collections of people willing to discuss that specific topic imo. I think there are a lot of these groups and so they're limited on the influence they can exert until they get big enough to be recognised as something different (though I'm not sure what they'd be able to grow into without being a role someone who knows nothing about the subject will be placed on or a party - which seems unnecessary).

It might be a way for industry to get access to legislators (as that looks to be a criticism of appgs) and the appg might be able to represent crypto well in parliamentary debates too.
Zlantann
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 31, 2022, 01:42:48 AM

The parliamentary group in the UK is the Crypto and Digital Assets All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG), my question is what is this
will help bring industry stakeholders together with policy makers, how would you respond?
The APPG is a group comprising lawmakers from different UK political parties and their inquiry into the crypto space is aimed at regulating the sector, nothing more. Bringing stakeholders together is a good development but accepting or implementing the views of these stakeholders would be better. The government's intentions are very clear; they want to regulate the crypto space so that they can be able to manipulate it the way they like. But they also know that Bitcoin is a little bit far beyond their reach, hence they are now targeting stablecoin that is pegged to fiat. Don't expect much from the APPG stakeholder meeting because you might be disappointed with the outcomes.  

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DigitalMonk

Activity: 56
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 31, 2022, 09:23:45 PM

Since 2014, the Chancellor of the UK Treasury have full knowledge of Cryptocurrency space and Blockchain technology. The UK government is an interesting government in the world. If the UK government and the Bank of England decide to launch Central Bank Issued Digital Currency, it will not serve the real purpose of decentralised Financial System (DFS).

If the UK government is prudent enough to understand the new economic paradigm and its grand great reset policy then there will be no problem for us to work with government but if the government just plan to hijack the cryptocurrency system that will be disaster for the Governments all around the world. Because public are not so stupid anymore after the successful experimentation of Bitcoin and Blockchain technology.

We are the people, we form the government by democratic votes. Government must follow the public purpose of good governance. Other wise, public has right to dissolve the government and re-elect a new government.

If a government fail to serve to the 99% public and become the scapegoat of few financial Elites then that government is an inconsistent government and you cannot expect anything good from an inconsistent government.

By 2027, we must work out to separate the financial system from the governments' regimes. We need to establish the Decentralized global Economic System which is free from the monopoly of the central banking families.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 31, 2022, 09:26:48 PM

Uk economy need serious acceleration. I hope they see bitcoin and crypto as a potential economic opportunities and develop a crypto friendly ecosystem. This will greatly help Bitcoin and crypto to grow.
Doubtful, especially in the current market. Maybe, years down the line when Bitcoin shows a little more stability, but right now I don't any country would be willing to take the risk. Especially, the UK who are what I would say a little more slow on technology uptake, especially with the government. I mean, we still have a monarchy Tongue.

UK also isn't in dire straits compared to a lot of other countries out there, and therefore they haven't got desperate enough to try new alternatives. UK was somewhat late in bringing in taxation for Bitcoin, but they've since made the most of it.
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2022, 09:36:50 PM

Uk economy need serious acceleration. I hope they see bitcoin and crypto as a potential economic opportunities and develop a crypto friendly ecosystem. This will greatly help Bitcoin and crypto to grow.
Doubtful, especially in the current market. Maybe, years down the line when Bitcoin shows a little more stability, but right now I don't any country would be willing to take the risk. Especially, the UK who are what I would say a little more slow on technology uptake, especially with the government. I mean, we still have a monarchy Tongue.

UK also isn't in dire straits compared to a lot of other countries out there, and therefore they haven't got desperate enough to try new alternatives. UK was somewhat late in bringing in taxation for Bitcoin, but they've since made the most of it.

They will just implement what US are doing. They will adopt Bitcoin and crypto to get more tax as the government needed more funds like every country struggles today.

Nothing to respond to it really as if a regular gambler can do something about it. Anyone from UK who gambles using crypto will just comply if he wants to continue what he is doing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: