Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:19:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Educate my community here in Subdivision about Bitcoin  (Read 295 times)
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 07:21:55 PM

You can also start with a blog about the bitcoin and publish the link to your neighbours over WhatsApp, create a group or may be share it in some house warming parties or something. You can then slowly start your journey on bigger population once you are popular in your community.

Though there are already big forums out there teaching about bitcoin all the time, you will have to be very proactive to make yours stabs out of everything.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 08:37:49 PM

explaining the technicalities, involves knowing your audience.

EG if its a book club.. you can use terms like books(blocks)(of a series of books) and chapters being the data with the blocks. where you then use book publishers as the analogy of mining pools

if its a cooking club.. ingredients are the data, blocks are the baked food. etc

but when all is said and done about explaining the technicalities at each persons level of analogy preference.. they still want to know "is it useful locally"

so still try to find local usage or a real test case to show it in working order by doing a live demonstration..
dont embellish the feature by saying its super fast. be reasonable to expectations be realistic. and then tell them of fiat obstacles where fiat can be slower.

and ofcourse show the features of things that fiat CANT do

EG
if you have a community "fund where people set up a trustee that holds the community money pot and people have to trust them.. show them a multisg where the community get signing rights over the finds meaning no single person has full control and its all done without any bank managers or lawyers.

so find your audience, understand your audience and use the experiences of your audience

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2022, 09:06:11 PM

It would be good if you started some normal conversation with your neighbors so you can be open with topics that they aren't mentioning such as bitcoin or crypto, There might be a chance that they know bitcoin and crypto and they want to have conversations about it. Just mentioning bitcoin and crypto to your casual conversation is good enough, They might have heard it somewhere or interested in learning it. It will be more easy for you to teach if they are being curious about it, They will be the one that will make you continue the topic and ask questions about it. I did help my friends in learning about bitcoin by just triggering their curiosity, Trust me it works.
Mr. Magkaisa (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2022, 03:50:40 PM

You plan to push btc to your neighbors,
Welcome to your No-Win scenario.

Yes, I have my final decision to share the knowledge what I had at Bitcoin.
And I want to do it for free, even there is no win scenario.

Neighbors buy btc and the price drops,
Neighbors hate you for losing their money.

Neighbors buy btc and the price increases,
Neighbors bug you every day on when they should sell, and if you miss the top.
Neighbors hate you for missing the top even if they made a profit.

You bring up BTC, and Neighbor informs you that PoW is destroying the environment and increasing their energy rates.
Neighbors hate you for supporting energy waste.

Best suggestion , leave your neighbors alone, unless they ask you your opinion.
Next tell them which politician they should vote for and Neighbors hate you.

The final question is,  are you planning to move.

I will just tell my neighbors about the usages and features of Bitcoin.
And I don't think that they will hate me. and I know them better than yours. Do you know my neighbor?
of course not, you don't know them. So you just justify what you say Sir. I know what I'm going to do
and I also know the possible results of what I'm going to do and I'm ready for that. But even so, I still
want to ask for the suggestion of anyone here in this forum so that I can approach and explain Bitcoin
properly whether they accept it or not.

And besides, I already informed my neighbors about this matter and where going to have a short gathering
at my home this week, so I will keep you all updates here in another new topic here in this thread section
stay tune. Good day Smiley

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████