Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:23:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the best non-custodial Bitcoin mixers available today?  (Read 370 times)
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18515

View Profile
July 04, 2022, 08:43:03 AM

The concept of a "decentralized platform" is nothing more than a mere oxymoron or a buzzword widely used by those wanting to lure naive investors into dubious quick money-making schemes.
I would call Bisq a decentralized platform. Sure, there is a centralized website which hosts information, user guides, etc., but the website is irrelevant to using the Bisq platform to trade with other users, just like you don't need to visit bitcoin.org at all in order to run a node. Other platforms such as LocalCryptos do make use of a centralized website to set up trades, but still trade in a decentralized and trustless manner. I'm not averse to using a centralized website if the trading itself remains peer-to-peer and does not require any trust in said website.

you can download an XMR-BTC atomic swap client (https://github.com/comit-network/xmr-btc-swap for example) and join a decentralized network of users also running compatible clients.
Interesting. I'll check this out. Do you use it? How big is the user base? What's the liquidity like?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkv0rt3x

Activity: 1204
Merit: 658

I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees

View Profile
July 04, 2022, 08:51:17 AM

I never tried these services myself and I want to, for some time now! I hear a lot about conjoin services and I need to dig a little bit on the subject before I chose any of their services. I need to kind of mix some of my coins to be able to clean them from exchanges and untie them from myself.

Bitcoin is energy. Bitcoin is freedom
I rather die on my feet than living on my knees!
witcher_sense
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 4336

🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2022, 05:09:36 AM

I would call Bisq a decentralized platform. Sure, there is a centralized website which hosts information, user guides, etc., but the website is irrelevant to using the Bisq platform to trade with other users, just like you don't need to visit bitcoin.org at all in order to run a node. Other platforms such as LocalCryptos do make use of a centralized website to set up trades, but still trade in a decentralized and trustless manner.
It all comes down to the way you access trade liquidity. A litmus test for any platform would be like this: is it possible to deploy your own autonomous instance of the platform and still have access to the same pool of buyers and sellers? If the answer is affirmative, then the given platform can be characterized as "decentralized." If the answer is no, then you always have to rely on a central point of failure to communicate with counterparties, which is a clear indicator that such a system is far from being considered decentralized.

I'm not averse to using a centralized website if the trading itself remains peer-to-peer and does not require any trust in said website.
Doesn't any centralized website require trust that it doesn't collect and sell your data to third parties? Don't tell me you are ready to give up your privacy for convenience.

Interesting. I'll check this out. Do you use it? How big is the user base? What's the liquidity like?
No, I am not using it because it is still in early development, doesn't have GUI and currently doesn't allow swaps from XMR back to bitcoin. But if you are familiar with CLI and willing to exchange BTC->XMR, you can try this guide: https://sethforprivacy.com/guides/bitcoin-monero-atomic-swaps/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18515

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 09:08:54 AM

It all comes down to the way you access trade liquidity. A litmus test for any platform would be like this: is it possible to deploy your own autonomous instance of the platform and still have access to the same pool of buyers and sellers? If the answer is affirmative, then the given platform can be characterized as "decentralized."
As far as I am aware, Bisq is the only trading platform which meets that criterion.

Doesn't any centralized website require trust that it doesn't collect and sell your data to third parties? Don't tell me you are ready to give up your privacy for convenience.
Which is why you limit what data it can collect. If I use LocalCryptos, for example, connect via Tor, communicate with my trading party using end-to-end encryption, only trade mixed coins (or immediately mix any coins I receive), then LocalCryptos can only collect very limited information about me.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: