Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:55:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using Gate here ?  (Read 166 times)
Len Saldua (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 20, 2022, 06:02:54 PM

You seem like the typical trader who welcomes KYC policies. You should be able to choose an exchange that has a better trading volume.

Actually, I am almost exclusively using DEXs these days... Gate happened to have 2 of the tokens I could not find anywhere else, so I signed up with them. I could have signed up with FTX but their KYC is a bit trickier to get past, whereas with Gate the sign up process including KYC only took about 2 hours.
Len Saldua (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 20, 2022, 06:55:24 PM

Finally got it ! Took me three attempts but it seems the order went through ! Never used "Limit Order" before... I guess you learn something new every day ! Following some advice on this thread I raised the price, from $0.61 ( current market price ) to $0.63. It worked !

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 05:08:10 AM

Okay... so this is a bit like "bidding" for the token ? The higher your bid, the higher your chance of getting it sooner ?
I mean, yes — by buying you're literally bidding.

But that means in times of high volatility you may end up paying a much higher price than the current market value...
See the red numbers on the right on your screenshot? Those are the sell offers. You can literally see the price of the tokens being sold by people.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2022, 06:43:40 AM

-snip-
But that means in times of high volatility you may end up paying a much higher price than the current market value...

No, because you have placed an order based on the limit price. Volatility means the price movement is more massive than usual due to the high volume of orders.

Finally got it ! Took me three attempts but it seems the order went through !
Congrats on your successful trading using the new order method, LOL.
There are actually several more order methods on spot market that can help you execute orders under certain conditions such as OCO and Stop-limit, especially when you are not monitoring the market.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: