Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:11:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Best Bitcoin radio ad yet!"  (Read 2087 times)
amincd (OP)

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 02:06:11 PM

Roger Ver had a great Bitcoin ad created:

http://youtu.be/5pV9ptoCMyc

In the description:

This ad is currently airing on more than 100 radio stations across the USA on
http://www.freetalklive.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 02:17:31 PM

Deceptive, bitcoin is not a technology but only a specific implementation.
deltanine

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 03:01:47 PM

I wouldn't call it deceptive but only inaccurate.  What would be the purpose of deceiving someone into believing a "new implementation of a current technology" is a "new technology"?  There is no intent to deceive.

It only mildly suffers from the creator's attempting to succinct.  There is no shame in that.

All nit-picking aside, its a good ad and I believe it succeeds in piquing the interest of those who've never heard of bitcoin.

Freedom is a state of mind, and then Bitcoin comes along.....
-S4VV4S
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 03:09:56 PM

I don't think it will be helpful since I don't think we need interest from those who haven't heard of it at the current point.

The last thing bitcoin needs is more consumers but it desperately need more producers.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 03:24:21 PM

Bitcoin can be considered also the name of the technology. In any case is just semantics.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 03:40:26 PM

Bitcoin can be considered also the name of the technology. In any case is just semantics.

I used to have a personal tape player - I called it a 'walkman' but there was no sony logo on it. I also call vacumm cleaners 'Hoovers' and denim trousers 'Jeans'.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 03:42:14 PM

Provocative, mysterious, and confident radio ads sell. The music is ominous and good. The word Bitcoin should have been repeated one more time and louder. "We use coins dotcom" was said too fast. It's confusing to use the term Bitcoin and weusecoins.com in the same spot. Otherwise, it's not bad. I can see this as the start of a Bitcoin community world-wide ad campaign.

As far as the accuracy, it's an ad ffs. It's not an article in IEEE.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 03:49:23 PM

I see this is airing in my market. I'm having a cocktail party during that slot. How rude would it be to wear an earbud at my own party?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
deltanine

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 03:52:52 PM

I don't think it will be helpful since I don't think we need interest from those who haven't heard of it at the current point.

The last thing bitcoin needs is more consumers but it desperately need more producers.

Still does not make the ad deceptive.

I don't understand why more consumers is not good for Bitcoin.  You likely know what you're talking about so do you mind spelling it out for me?

Freedom is a state of mind, and then Bitcoin comes along.....
-S4VV4S
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1071

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 04:14:58 PM

This ad is fucking BOSS
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 04:16:57 PM

Still does not make the ad deceptive.

I don't understand why more consumers is not good for Bitcoin.  You likely know what you're talking about so do you mind spelling it out for me?

What we need is actual trade, that is commerce between parties who contribute in a productive manner. Most people don't do this.

If I were to advertise bitcoin I would try to introduce it at trade fairs, talk to people who already have businesses and tell them how they can use it. Let them introduce their own consumerbase to a new method of payment.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 04:20:12 PM

This ad is fucking BOSS

+1... good soundtrack too.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 04:21:55 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2011, 04:34:36 PM by Technomage

The whole consumer/producer issue is a classic chicken & egg problem. It's impossible to get one without the other though, merchants need consumers to survive, and we need merchants for consumers to have something to consume (using Bitcoins). And of course we need software developers to create the tools. They are all needed.

If I had to choose which is needed more at the moment, I'd say consumers. Ads like these are very good for Bitcoin. What I've seen during the price decline of Bitcoin, and all the bad news, is that there are more and more merchants, more and more exchanges and more and more software in the Bitcoin world. Yet the actual commerce is growing slowly, to fuel that we need consumers more than anything else.

So both producers and consumers are definitely needed, but I disagree that we'd especially need producers right now. We see new products almost every day and the old ones are getting better.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
blueadept

Activity: 225
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 04:24:58 PM

What we need is actual trade, that is commerce between parties who contribute in a productive manner. Most people don't do this.

If I were to advertise bitcoin I would try to introduce it at trade fairs, talk to people who already have businesses and tell them how they can use it. Let them introduce their own consumerbase to a new method of payment.

Farmer's markets. The people that go there are idealistic about independence from big government/big corporations but are usually grounded enough to understand a bit about economics since they have successful businesses.

Like my posts?  Connect with me on LinkedIn and endorse my "Bitcoin" skill.
Decentralized, instant off-chain payments.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 04:28:49 PM

I wrote the first message before I actually listened to the ad. I have to say that it's EPIC!! I got goosebumps from an ad, what the... Smiley

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 04:53:42 PM

Farmer's markets. The people that go there are idealistic about independence from big government/big corporations but are usually grounded enough to understand a bit about economics since they have successful businesses.

Yep, though bitcoin has to come a long way till over-the-counter purchases are convenient enough.

The whole consumer/producer issue is a classic chicken & egg problem. It's impossible to get one without the other though, merchants need consumers to survive, and we need merchants for consumers to have something to consume (using Bitcoins). And of course we need software developers to create the tools. They are all needed.

If I had to choose which is needed more at the moment, I'd say consumers. Ads like these are very good for Bitcoin. What I've seen during the price decline of Bitcoin, and all the bad news, is that there are more and more merchants, more and more exchanges and more and more software in the Bitcoin world. Yet the actual commerce is growing slowly, to fuel that we need consumers more than anything else.

So both producers and consumers are definitely needed, but I disagree that we'd especially need producers right now. We see new products almost every day and the old ones are getting better.

My point is that getting more producers is more effective.

I usually don't care for the method of payment if I want to buy something I look for the product first, and worry about how to pay for it later and necessarily convert currencies.
Using bitcoins may have ideological and political reasons, but those aren't necessarily the most important ones.
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 05:02:55 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2011, 05:13:50 PM by netrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5psCjg5-cI

Will Hollywood never tire of dramatic dichotomies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDzuT0fXro

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 05:07:14 PM

I had this obscure thought the other day, and this post reminded me of it.

What if a Bitcoiner set up a booth or table, if the case may be, at a farmer's market for the sole purpose of only excepting Bitcoin. Picture the juiciest peaches at this market, placed in small baskets resting on a handsome looking rustic table (made from barn wood), offered by a guy, or gal, donning an almost-to-fancy country get-up, with a sign overhead that reads "Bitcoin Only". When a customer walks up, most likely not reading the sign, they'll naturally ask how much, and are given the price in Bitcoin, thereupon starting the conversation. Afterwards, they're offered a free peach, since they probably can't buy any, which they pick out themselves, then handed a piece of literature outlining Bitcoin. They'll walk away with peach juice dripping down their chin and glancing over the literature, all the while thinking to themselves, "What the fuck just happened?" Someone approaches them and asked, "Where did you get that peach?" The answer may be, "Right over there from that cute gal, but...", and off that guy goes to the Bitcoin Peach Stand.

Hope you enjoyed this post. I've got all kinds of weird ideas in my head just dyin' to get out.

Bruno

PS: I liked the ad, albeit it's missing that something. The suggestions offered up seem to point to that something.
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 05:18:30 PM

What if a Bitcoiner set up a booth or table, if the case may be, at a farmer's market (technology convention) for the sole purpose of only accepting Bitcoin. Picture the juiciest peaches... offering blah blah (blowjobs), donning an almost-too-fancy...

Yes. That might work.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 05:36:31 PM

What if a Bitcoiner set up a booth or table, if the case may be, at a farmer's market (technology convention) for the sole purpose of only accepting Bitcoin. Picture the juiciest peaches... offering blah blah (blowjobs), donning an almost-too-fancy...

Yes. That might work.

Fuck! I spelled 'too' incorrectly. Blame in on the Basso Nova! Nice catch! The only reason I didn't use blah-blah as my example is because, quite frankly, most people don't go to farmer's markets to purchase them, coupled with the fact that they're not in season during spring and summer months here in the Northern Hemisphere. A better example, offered by you, would have been 'qui-gui' because they're always in season.  Wink

I like one of these two guys to do voice overs: (both at the same time, would truly be something)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJTzzVsUNAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rPFvLUWkzs

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: