Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacks Bowers Again - Summer auction  (Read 823 times)
Steeley (OP)

Activity: 1117
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
July 30, 2022, 02:32:52 AM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (2), ChiBitCTy (1)

I think this is the fourth auction by Stacks Bowers featuring physical bitcoins

https://www.greysheet.com/news/story/bitcoins-and-physical-cryptocurrency-featured-in-the-stack-s-bowers-galleries-summer-2022-auction

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hookzup1
Copper Member

Activity: 1211
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2022, 04:32:15 AM

That's awesome thanks for sharing

Bitcoin is a real life cheat code to gain financial freedom 😉 the future is going to be fun
BTCOVERFIATS

Activity: 486
Merit: 42

Holder of last resort

View Profile
July 30, 2022, 06:02:20 AM

I think it's so awesome that they are using Bitpay to facilitate the transactions!

FIAT IS DEAD TO ME. BITCOIN IS MULTI-GENERATIONAL SAVINGS. FEW UNDERSTAND. BITCOIN ONLY, NO SHITCOINS.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2989

View Profile
July 30, 2022, 08:22:39 AM
Merited by minerjones (2)

I think it's so awesome that they are using Bitpay to facilitate the transactions!

Bitpay does a great job of introducing bitcoin payments to businesses, and has been for years.

Pretty cool stuff.  This is the first time they’ve auctioned so many and with these lower denominated coins.

I wonder how much armored shipping costs for a non registered business sale, or if it’s even available to just anyone. $500 doesn’t seem too bad. Though I’m curious how much sales and international shipping fees are.

“*Loaded cryptocurrency coins will be reserved at their intrinsic cryptocurrency value on the day of the sale. Lots realizing $25,000 or more will be delivered via armored carrier ONLY. An additional shipping charge of five hundred dollars [$500] will be applied to domestic armored carrier deliveries, with additional fees for remote and international deliveries. Winning bidders may also pay their invoice via BitPay for a 1% fee after authorization by Stack’s Bowers Galleries prior to the sale. Additional terms and conditions apply.”

Good pub. for the forum

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-XS9QM/2020-fresh-ltc-05-litecoin-ltc-loaded-firstbits-lt3tivev-serial-no-282-base-metal-alloy-38-mm-ms-69-icg

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
August 01, 2022, 06:19:53 AM

Bitpay does a great job of introducing bitcoin payments to businesses, and has been for years.

Pretty cool stuff.  This is the first time they’ve auctioned so many and with these lower denominated coins.

I wonder how much armored shipping costs for a non registered business sale, or if it’s even available to just anyone. $500 doesn’t seem too bad. Though I’m curious how much sales and international shipping fees are.

“*Loaded cryptocurrency coins will be reserved at their intrinsic cryptocurrency value on the day of the sale. Lots realizing $25,000 or more will be delivered via armored carrier ONLY. An additional shipping charge of five hundred dollars [$500] will be applied to domestic armored carrier deliveries, with additional fees for remote and international deliveries. Winning bidders may also pay their invoice via BitPay for a 1% fee after authorization by Stack’s Bowers Galleries prior to the sale. Additional terms and conditions apply.”

Good pub. for the forum

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-XS9QM/2020-fresh-ltc-05-litecoin-ltc-loaded-firstbits-lt3tivev-serial-no-282-base-metal-alloy-38-mm-ms-69-icg

I wonder who got the guy to write a discriptction that good.
Steeley (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2022, 08:23:47 PM

Good pub. for the forum

Sounds like someone familiar with the forum, maybe even a member of Bitcointalk, wrote this.

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
blucepheus
Copper Member

Activity: 531
Merit: 212

View Profile
August 01, 2022, 11:23:09 PM

I’m eager to see what the PCGS-graded, redeemed 25 goes for. I’ve got two of them  Cool
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 08:07:43 PM
Merited by elianite (1)

Pretty cool stuff.  This is the first time they’ve auctioned so many and with these lower denominated coins.

Good pub. for the forum

Sounds like someone familiar with the forum, maybe even a member of Bitcointalk, wrote this.

I’m confident it was written by someone from the forum. At least that’s what makes the most sense.

This is such a big deal for the forum and bitcoin/physical cryptocurrency collectibles. Hopefully other auction houses start to see these items and will start allowing them to be posted for sale on their outlets.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Steeley (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 08:18:54 PM

I’m eager to see what the PCGS-graded, redeemed 25 goes for. I’ve got two of them  Cool

The one up for auction is AU 58, not too great too. Will be very interesting to watch that one.

elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2022, 07:12:56 PM
Merited by MrCryptHodl (5)

Hey guys, just letting you know that I've been collaborating closely with Stacks since their 1st physical crypto auction and am most happy to answer any direct questions via PM, including helping get coins in for upcoming sales.

What's really exciting is that they have the "Double Error" Casascius ending later this month, which will mark the first time one of those has openly been sold. its only the 2nd of 5 to surface so far, and statistically 2/5 have been peeled without the peeler knowing about the super-rarity. This is straight-up the rarest Casascius coin out there that isn't loaded with 1,000 BTC.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-XS9GA

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Steeley (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2022, 03:03:28 AM

Glad to hear you are involved Elias. Very encouraging.

Steeley

tread93

Activity: 1097
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 10, 2022, 01:28:13 PM

Pretty cool stuff.  This is the first time they’ve auctioned so many and with these lower denominated coins.

Good pub. for the forum

I’m confident it was written by someone from the forum. At least that’s what makes the most sense.

This is such a big deal for the forum and bitcoin/physical cryptocurrency collectibles. Hopefully other auction houses start to see these items and will start allowing them to be posted for sale on their outlets.

Wow, I agree that is great for forum awareness and great for crypto collectibles as a whole. Very cool they are acknowledging cool collabs of OG members in the community, recognizing the culture and amazing art that is created as a product.  

Take your vitamins!
krogoth

Activity: 1212
Merit: 135

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2022, 05:46:56 PM

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/auctions/3-Z8XRW/the-winter-2022-auction-session-11-cryptocurrency-anniversary-lots-10001-10104

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
BTCOVERFIATS

Activity: 486
Merit: 42

Holder of last resort

View Profile
October 05, 2022, 06:42:33 PM

Seeing Alpen Coin and Microsoul there is pretty cool

FIAT IS DEAD TO ME. BITCOIN IS MULTI-GENERATIONAL SAVINGS. FEW UNDERSTAND. BITCOIN ONLY, NO SHITCOINS.
geophphreigh
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 05, 2022, 07:21:00 PM

Very cool. Lots of other makers on pages 2 and 3.
Gotta say my fav on the list is the killyou silver star 1/10th!

Geo
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2022, 10:56:58 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2022, 12:34:59 AM by ChiBitCTy
Merited by krogothmanhattan (2)

This may not be so good...  It states the Microsouls are "loaded".  But no one knows this for sure, right.  Can anyone chime in who knows if it was just a certain year(s) of Microsouls that may or may not be funded (with that whole issue he had), or is it all of them that we just don't know for sure if funds will be there or not?

The last thing we need at an auction house is a coin that says it's funded but isn't, a fake, or some coin's keys can't be seen since they wore down or whatever..

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
October 05, 2022, 11:36:05 PM

This may not be so good...  It states the Microsouls are "loaded".  But no one knows this for sure, right.  Can anyone chime in who knows if it was just a certain year(s) of Microsouls that may or may not be funded (with that whole issue he had), or is it all of them that we just don't know for sure if fund will be there or not?

The last thing we need at an auction house is a coin that says it's funded but isn't, a fake, or some coin's keys can't be seen since they wore down or whatever..

Well they look like his first series, and I'm pretty sure those were ok, but not 100%.  Roll Eyes

Also,... I don't think @Elianite would put his rep on the line and let them auction them if he wasn't sure as I'm positive he's seen the threads where Matthew went nutso and lost his shit, then vanished.... Huh

Maybe ping him , I know he's active here... ? 🤷‍♂️

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Steeley (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2022, 06:48:03 PM

This is the first Stacks Bowers to present a Crypto Imperator. I am looking forward to see the action on this one.

Steeley

elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2022, 10:15:47 AM

This may not be so good...  It states the Microsouls are "loaded".  But no one knows this for sure, right.  Can anyone chime in who knows if it was just a certain year(s) of Microsouls that may or may not be funded (with that whole issue he had), or is it all of them that we just don't know for sure if funds will be there or not?

As far as I understand, there were 2 issues with Microsoul coins:
1. Some coins were apparently not funded by accident, which can happen.
2. Some coins were funded, but the private key was printed in such a way that it was incomplemete/unreadable/incorrect
Recognizing these issues, Microsoul effectively "recalled" coins in late 2017, asking people to peel the coins and offering DIY sticker replacements, and promising refunds for any "missing" BTC within a certain time window.

My understanding is that these issues were mainly present with the later Microsoul coins, and with some 0.05 BTC's - though the risk remains for 2013 0.01's.
That said, the Microsoul coins o S&B are confirmed loaded as per the public key, which means that 0.01 BTC was placed into the corresponding address and remains there. Whether or not the private key is readable cannot be confirmed without peeling, but the balance of probabilities suggests that they are redeemable. That said, if we had a way of knowing which coins were un-redeemable "errors", I  suspect that their collector value would be much higher. In practice it is unlikely we will ever know, as there is almost no reason to peel a Microsoul anymore as the Numismatic value is many times more than the funded value, and the "errors" are likely a very small percentage of what's out there.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2022, 04:17:21 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2022, 05:24:42 PM by ChiBitCTy
Merited by krogothmanhattan (5)

As far as I understand, there were 2 issues with Microsoul coins:
1. Some coins were apparently not funded by accident, which can happen.
2. Some coins were funded, but the private key was printed in such a way that it was incomplemete/unreadable/incorrect
Recognizing these issues, Microsoul effectively "recalled" coins in late 2017, asking people to peel the coins and offering DIY sticker replacements, and promising refunds for any "missing" BTC within a certain time window.

My understanding is that these issues were mainly present with the later Microsoul coins, and with some 0.05 BTC's - though the risk remains for 2013 0.01's.
That said, the Microsoul coins o S&B are confirmed loaded as per the public key, which means that 0.01 BTC was placed into the corresponding address and remains there. Whether or not the private key is readable cannot be confirmed without peeling, but the balance of probabilities suggests that they are redeemable. That said, if we had a way of knowing which coins were un-redeemable "errors", I  suspect that their collector value would be much higher. In practice it is unlikely we will ever know, as there is almost no reason to peel a Microsoul anymore as the Numismatic value is many times more than the funded value, and the "errors" are likely a very small percentage of what's out there.

Not peeling because of its numismatic value should have nothing to do with it. In my opinion by not letting people know the issue, or potential issues that lies within Microsoul coins is wrong. You’re leaving out material information that’s important to know when purchasing these coins. Maybe bitcoin shoots to a million bucks one day, the peel value of the coins will be pretty high. You never know. Plus maybe the person who buys it will simply need the money at some point regardless of how little the redeemable value is. Regardless, this should not be considered in to the equation.

So selling coins while omitting these material facts I believe to be wrong and somewhat fraudulent.  The last thing we need is someone buying one, a coin not being redeemable even though it says it was in the listing, then they complain to Stacks about it.  I could easily see them then say that they don’t want to have to deal with this situation ever again and no longer will offer them. This link with the information about the potential issues with the coin should be included in the sale ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3315347.0 ).   Something like this is all it could take to ruin things for everyone going forward.

IMO MinerJones should be doing the authentication for Stacks. A true expert.