Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:38:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking profits vs holding long term?  (Read 693 times)
Wiwo

Activity: 1064
Merit: 687

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2022, 04:25:59 PM

Have been involved with Crypto 6 months now and my portfolio is now only 20% down due to this run we are currently going through.

My main position is 55% in profit and I have been debating if I should take some to then buy back lower when we experience our next crash.

Just wondering what everyone else does. Do you take profits along the way and if so at what point? Or do you just invest to hold long-term?

When I first started 6 months ago I had the intention of just buying and waiting 2-3 years till our next bull run to cash out but lately I have been thinking if I can also make money along the way then that would be even better.
To be smart in your investment is very important and knowing when to take profits and also cut loss is very important too, but at this time predicting to see more dip after the current price may be a bad target time, don't get me wrong that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies may seem more decline in price and the present price may still be a good exit price depending on what your entry price was. But the best practice is to always take profits along the line and arrange your portfolio in such a way that you will not be in a panic mood when the market goes the opposite direction whenever you take profits
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: