Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:19:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningCash - LNC : The story  (Read 98 times)
LighningCashDev (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

AKA merlin.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2022, 06:26:39 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2022, 07:26:55 AM by LighningCashDev

Quote :

"Starting blockchain height -----> will be the same as Litecoin Cash when LightningCash will be launched and LCC holders will get LTNCs"

^^^ At first, LightningCash was supposed to be a Litecoin Cash fork. I was just starting to play with the bitcoin source code back then. I asked Tanner from LitecoinCash's team to help me ( Lead Dev ) , and he did.

The original and official ANN, on March 6th 2019 ( LightningCash - CPU only - Fastest bitcoin based cryptocurrency ) :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5117428

I decided to create a new genesis block, so no LCC, or LTC holders could claim...

That's when things went weird.

I "lost" access to my bitcointalk.org account. I could not update the ANN for a long time. I used new duplicate ANNs and this was bad.
The coin got listed on probitex.com, and I had to change the coin's name so it would not fuck their database since the old 2018 lightningcash had got listed there too.

So the coin's name changed to LightningCash-Gold just a few days after launch on March 6th 2019.

On June 29th 2019, I forked the coin from Scrypt algo to Yespower ( cpu-only algorithm ; Asic resistent and FPGA neutral )

I pushed a wrong commit on github circa August - September 2019, and the blockchain got splitt in two, and there was a chain race
( November 2019 )

In November 2019, when the chain was split, shadow42 tried to repair, then he "took control" of everything related to the coin. I "lost" access to the original ANN and my LighningCashDev bitcointalk account, the github( github.com/LightningCash-Dev ), the twitter ( twitter.com/LTNCG ), the discord, etc.  I was left alone. I was called a scammer. I was defamed. I was silenced. I was called a liar.

It took me more than a year to get back my bitcointalk.org account and fix all those duplicates ANN and the original ANN.

But LightningCash already had suffered a value loss, and a considerable popularity / use loss. shadow42 wanted to sell the idea of forking to a proof of stake ( POS ) algorithm ( which I personaly REALLY don't like ) to the over-taken official LightningCash discord server users, in which I was muted and deafed for weeks.

Eventually, I could take back the ownership of the official discord and  have push access to shadow42's "copied repo" on github
( github.com/lightningcashgold/ltncg, which is now deleted. It had been forked from github.com/shadow42/ltncg, which had been forked from github.com/LightningCash-Dev/ltncg, which belonged to me until I "lost" access to this github account, which was my main github account at that time.

It is also during November - December 2019 that I tried to implement a multi-thread hive miner in LitecoinCash's source code.
( https://github.com/MerlinMagic2018/lightningcash-gold-obsolete/commits/master ) I was always one step behind shadow42 at this time...
But I am the first who implemented Tanner's Hive multi-thread miner.
Read me well here. It was Tanner's code.
Not mine.
Not shadow42's.

After a few days of experimentation and high profits, I decided to tell LitecoinCash's team in private on discord about this.

I published my code on github, and then created a pull request for Litecoin Cash on november 15th 2019.
( https://github.com/litecoincash-project/litecoincash/pull/21 )

I could have said nothing for a long time, but I decided to reveal it... Why did Litecoin Cash Core Developers not implement the Hive multi-thread miner before, I asked them... They gave me the following answer : It "should" be in LCC's next release...

Many called me a scammer and thought I was keeping it for myself, solely for my own profit...

But telling LCC's team about it and coordinate a public ANN about this was difficult ! Especially since LCC's team was not so happy about me
( with reason ! )
and LightningCash being a new blockchain instead of a fork of LCC.

When I got back access to my LighningCashDev bitcointalk account, I tried to fix things up, changed back the coin's name from LightningCash-Gold to LightningCash again, etc.

Today ( September 23rd 2022 ) , LightningCash is becoming more popular every hour. The network is stable, there has not been any fork or upgrade since 2020, and we will be on atomicDEX next official release ( a decentralised exchange where your private keys are kept locally ). They also very recently made a deal with binance, and made a public live stream on September 19th 2019 :

LightningCash
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

merlin

September 24th 2022, 7:27 AM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: