Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:00:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Wallet support multi seed phrase import?  (Read 372 times)
satochi (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2022, 10:37:46 AM

Update: I have started programing in python.
Now I'm able to generate valid possible seed phrases. what I need is to be able to turn seeds to public keys in order to check their activity on blockchain. I need to be able to convert seed phrase to common derivation path of lets say first 20 coins on the market. in order to that I need a python library. which I'm sure there is one but I don't know where to find it.

is there a python section or forum so I can start a topic on it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
satochi (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2022, 02:31:14 PM

so far I have find this lib: https://github.com/meherett/python-hdwallet
which support lots of coins.

Just because I'm new to this I don't know how to call for action.
I have this lib setup and imported to my project. but don't know how to call and give seed as input and get public key of my desired coin as my desired derivation path.

so a little push of python needed.
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7443

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 09, 2022, 12:31:08 PM
Merited by FatFork (1)

I have this lib setup and imported to my project. but don't know how to call and give seed as input and get public key of my desired coin as my desired derivation path.

Could you be more specific? The documentation of library you mentioned give several code examples.

Code:
# Source: https://hdwallet.readthedocs.io/en/v2.1.1/hdwallet.html#hdwallet.hdwallet.HDWallet.p2wpkh_address
>>> from hdwallet import HDWallet
>>> from hdwallet.symbols import BTC
>>> hdwallet = HDWallet(symbol=BTC)
>>> hdwallet.from_mnemonic(mnemonic="venture fitness paper little blush april rigid where find volcano fetch crack label polar dash", passphrase="meherett")
>>> hdwallet.from_path(path="m/44'/0'/0'/0/0")
>>> hdwallet.p2wpkh_address()
"bc1qfky82ek5pr07t65qjretw9hevw2j8j5fdrn5hc"

If you need to get public key, just use hdwallet.public_key() after specify correct derivation path.

Code:
>>> hdwallet.from_path(path="m/44'/0'/0'/0/1")
'bc1qllytr4ftxqgpg2he8uafcgcj9gzxcv7xmuyjw6'
>>> hdwallet.public_key()
'02fed55ac2909f56c9a2f933113893fdc18a24b7a12c9530c771e47e991da0401b'

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
satochi (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2022, 07:58:44 AM

Could you be more specific? The documentation of library you mentioned give several code examples.

Code:
# Source: https://hdwallet.readthedocs.io/en/v2.1.1/hdwallet.html#hdwallet.hdwallet.HDWallet.p2wpkh_address
>>> from hdwallet import HDWallet
>>> from hdwallet.symbols import BTC
>>> hdwallet = HDWallet(symbol=BTC)
>>> hdwallet.from_mnemonic(mnemonic="venture fitness paper little blush april rigid where find volcano fetch crack label polar dash", passphrase="meherett")
>>> hdwallet.from_path(path="m/44'/0'/0'/0/0")
"bc1qfky82ek5pr07t65qjretw9hevw2j8j5fdrn5hc"

If you need to get public key, just use hdwallet.public_key() after specify correct derivation path.

Code:
>>> hdwallet.from_path(path="m/44'/0'/0'/0/1")
'bc1qllytr4ftxqgpg2he8uafcgcj9gzxcv7xmuyjw6'
>>> hdwallet.public_key()
'02fed55ac2909f56c9a2f933113893fdc18a24b7a12c9530c771e47e991da0401b'

I would like some examples if possible please.
1- how do I use this lib to create bulk random seeds in a for loop. print each mnemonic.
2- how do I use this lib in a for loop so it generate keys of default derivation path for a list of coins for a given mnemonic seed phrase.
for example I give the input as:
[carpet, stove, mind, material, icon, tree, jungle, beyond, anchor, hover, robust, else](seed phrase as a list type)
and
[btc legacy, btc segwit, eth, doge](desired coins)
and get the output:[btc legacy: blah blah blah..., btc segwit: blah blah blah..., eth: blah blah blah..., doge: blah blah blah...]

I think I'm just not familiar with the way of using libs.

3- another example is what is the code if I want to check my seed phrase to see if it is valid(checksum) or not

because I want to use these in bulk a shorter, more efficient and human readable code is much more appreciated.
satochi (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2022, 09:50:56 PM

I think I'm just not familiar with the way of using libs.

because I want to use these in bulk a shorter, more efficient and human readable code is much more appreciated.

I'm not that familiar with this library either. But i find the example[1] and documentation[2] is easy to understand. IMHO you should hire someone to create good quality code for you. But here's simple code for example 1.

[1] https://github.com/meherett/python-hdwallet/tree/master/examples
[2] https://hdwallet.readthedocs.io

If you don't mind me being straight we have already discussed those links, copy and pasting them back might help your activity but not a solution to my problem. you are not familiar with this library either(as stated) so you don't have to push a post. I don't get it. thanks.
Babu590

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 21, 2022, 01:01:58 PM

Hello
I have a number of seed phrases(eg 10 X 12 Words) and need to work with them.
I need a software wallet, windows or android, which can support multiple seed phrase import.
for example I need to be able to copy 10 seed phrases into clipboard(12 words for each line, 10 line total) and paste them into the software import form.
I know I can have multiple wallet on Trust Wallet and some others, but when importing you need to do it 1 by 1. I want to be able to copy 10 seed phrase or more and import them at once into the wallet software.
one last thing I need a multi Coin wallet not just BTC or ETH...

Any thought appreciated. Thanks.

Hello you need a multi wallet. You can use multi wallet if you want. Now if you want to use it then this wallet will be best for adding multi. There are two problems: 1- Hardware is not a multicoin wallet You can use hardware as a multi-wallet. Hope you use hardware wallet. Now if you don't want then you think I have to import 1 by 1. I don't want it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: