Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:25:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am glad I have clowned around on this forum...  (Read 4999 times)
Harvey (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 03:22:42 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2011, 12:30:40 AM by Harvey

If it weren't for me sharing myself on this forum like I do, I would not of have met the love of my life. A lot of it is due to our lovely friends on the SomethingAwful forum. She is a member of that forum and she used to casually browse it. She stumbled upon the Bitcoin thread and eventually me through the goon's commentary. It started with emails over a month's time and eventually daily phonecalls. Now she has become one of the closest people in my life.

The funniest thing is she is a self-proclaimed Marxist while I'm an absolute individualist, yet we both recognize the same problems in our society. We just wish to evoke change through different means. It's as if differences don't really exist...

Anyways, I regret nothing and this place has been permanently burned into my heart. Ironically, this applies to SomethingAwful as well although I've been banned from there two times for "libertarianism".

Just consider this a big thank you.

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 03:37:41 AM

If it weren't for me sharing myself on this forum like I do, I would not of met the love of my life. A lot of it is due to our lovely friends on the SomethingAwful forum. She is a member of that forum and she used to casually browse it. She stumbled upon the Bitcoin thread and eventually me through the goon's commentary. It started with emails over a month's time and eventually daily phonecalls. Now she has become one of the closest people in my life.

The funniest thing is she is a self-proclaimed Marxist while I'm an absolute individualist, yet we both recognize the same problems in our society. We just wish to evoke change through different means. It's as if differences don't really exist...

Anyways, I regret nothing and this place has been permanently burned into my heart. Ironically, this applies to SomethingAwful as well although I've been banned from there two times for "libertarianism".

Glad to hear you finally got a girlfriend. To bad she is a goon  Tongue !
Harvey (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 03:42:15 AM

If it weren't for me sharing myself on this forum like I do, I would not of met the love of my life. A lot of it is due to our lovely friends on the SomethingAwful forum. She is a member of that forum and she used to casually browse it. She stumbled upon the Bitcoin thread and eventually me through the goon's commentary. It started with emails over a month's time and eventually daily phonecalls. Now she has become one of the closest people in my life.

Glad to hear you finally got a girlfriend. To bad she is a goon  Tongue !
A lot of the goons aren't half bad. Heh, anyways, thanks.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 03:45:39 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2011, 03:59:51 AM by FlipPro

Glad to hear you finally got a girlfriend. To bad she is a goon  Tongue !
A lot of the goons aren't half bad. Heh, anyways, thanks.
The cyber bullying on that site has become nauseating. Glad you found one nice person from there. I'm sure the majority of users on SA are decent people just looking for a good laugh, but as always the most vocal ones seem to be the most god-awful trolls I've ever seen before...
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 03:55:59 AM

Quote from: Harvey's sig
Address: 1111111111111111111114oLvT2

Ack!

That address has several transactions too... that's just wrong....

Oh, yeah. Congrats.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 04:16:34 PM

Pics pics pics pics!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 04:36:41 PM

Pics pics pics pics!

You have a pic fetish? You building a coffer table?  Wink
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 08:29:13 PM

If it weren't for me sharing myself on this forum like I do, I would not of met the love of my life.

Have you met in person yet?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 11:34:35 PM

Pics pics pics pics!

Heh, that's what he gets for sharing, more requests  Cheesy

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 05:21:40 PM

It looks like the clowns at SA have finally thrown in the towel on their very unfunny "comedy" troll thread.

Lets make a pact everyone? If BTC's ever go to 1000K, lets pull a few coins together, buy out their shitty forum, and ban everyone in it.

Now that would be some comedy fucking gold.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2011, 09:54:33 PM

If this is long distance, do everything in your power to make it not be, or prepare for extreme heartache. You have a year, maybe two at most.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2011, 10:03:15 PM

It looks like the clowns at SA have finally thrown in the towel on their very unfunny "comedy" troll thread.

Lets make a pact everyone? If BTC's ever go to 1000K, lets pull a few coins together, buy out their shitty forum, and ban everyone in it.

I haven't been there since I paid my $9.95 during my Nikki the Bitch stage. I sure do miss her!
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2011, 10:22:15 PM

I haven't been there since I paid my $9.95 during my Nikki the Bitch stage. I sure do miss her!

you didn't miss anything. it's pretty much devolved from a Bitcoin forum to a "Lets everybody pic on Atlas" forum
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 10:23:14 PM

you didn't miss anything. it's pretty much devolved from a Bitcoin forum to a "Lets everybody pic on Atlas" forum

I like the idea of buying em out.  If you ever do this, PM me and I'll put in a coin.

(BFL)^2 < 0
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 10:25:31 PM

I like the idea of buying em out.  If you ever do this, PM me and I'll put in a coin.
I give my word, if BTC's ever skyrocket (like I am sure they will) , I pledge 100 coins to buy those filthy trolls out.

EDIT: What we do with it after we buy them out is up to the community.  Grin SAVE this post TROLLS! $100 BTC = Pure pwnage of SA
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2011, 10:36:59 PM

There is a flaw in your buyout idea. I'm driving home so I'll let you figure it out
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 11:30:08 PM

There is a flaw in your buyout idea. I'm driving home so I'll let you figure it out
LOL THEY DON'T TAKE BITCOIN?  Cheesy

Betcha they will if the price is right Wink.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 01:27:52 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2011, 02:03:55 AM by Matthew N. Wright

Internet girlfriend? Check.

Never met in real life? Check.

Used the word "love"? Check.

Talking about them on a forum full of nerds? Check.

Basically talking to yourself? Check.

Conclusion: Typical delusional self-important 17-year old.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 02:01:46 AM

Once I had an internet girlfriend, but it all came crashing down when she sent me her pics, which I now use as my avatar here.
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 02:10:57 AM

"I'm gonna get rich, then you're so going to regret picking on me."

Really? That's what it's come down to?

^_^
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: