Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 09:11:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Braiins OS+ support thread  (Read 2255 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (4 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sirlev

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2022, 12:59:48 PM

S9 w Braiins OS+ - haven't been able to connect to Zergpool. I think I'm missing some bit of syntax in the pool info. I am currently running a gekko setup with CGminer, an Apollo, and a couple of CPU's with XMRig - all on zergpool successfully. S9 is currently on another pool and I've mined on CK solo with it before.
I've tried everything I can think of to move the S9/Braiins+ to zergpool and it always comes up Pool Dead. I think I'm just missing something with the syntax.
Has anyone else experienced this? Interested in assisting my troubleshooting?
currently Pool URL: stratum+tcp://sha256.mine.zergpool.com:3333
username: bc1...(wallet addess)....zw3gs
Password: c=BTC, ID=ShaRightS9

It seems like it times out too quickly? Just gives up trying to connect after a couple of seconds.
Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2022, 02:23:15 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2022, 12:49:36 AM by Artemis3

You can't put that space in the password.

In other news, as demonstrated in the past, Braiins OS+ has reached the efficiency of the next generation:

First the S9 reached the S11 (74 J/TH ARGFA).
Then the S17 reached the S19 (29 J/TH Bas Laurier).
Now the S19 reaches the XP (20 J/TH Sadnudbi).
* These were all shared by users in our Telegram support group.

It was set to Power Target 1616, HOT temp changed to 60C and Dangerous to 70C with dynamic scaling enabled with a step of 200W.

Theoretically with two of these you can surpass the XP:

Single XP 127T 2730W
Two jPros: 128.6T 2686W

Efficiency matters. Profile shortcuts provided by crude mods that pretend to "invent" autotune will never cut it.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
sirlev

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2022, 10:39:51 PM

I've tried it with the space removed, still the same results. ( c=BTC,ID=ShaRightS9 )
Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2022, 03:37:29 PM

Well i don't know about zergpool but zpool and mining-dutch did work in the past. Maybe there is a different port for sha-256 asicboost so check your pool documentation.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2022, 01:17:34 PM

Be mindful that the latest firmware upgrade promised by the manufacturer for Christmas may actually render the machine unable to run Braiins OS+.

Its best to not upgrade and wait.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
sirlev

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2022, 12:13:35 PM

I've tried it with the space removed, still the same results. ( c=BTC,ID=ShaRightS9 )

Log, trying the NA server:

Thu Dec 15 21:39:56 2022 daemon.err bosminer[31142]: Dec 16 03:39:56.902  WARN bosminer::client::stratum_v2: Failed to connect to sha256.na.mine.zergpool.com:3333, user=bc1qs........3gs Connection timeout
Thu Dec 15 21:39:56 2022 daemon.err bosminer[31142]: Dec 16 03:39:56.902  WARN bosminer::client::stratum_v2: user:stratum+tcp://bc1qs........3gs@sha256.na.mine.zergpool.com: Connection timeout

Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2022, 01:23:10 PM

You can ignore those warnings, they don't mean anything.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
lordviper2300

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 28, 2022, 11:32:12 PM

hey all. im going to ask this here as well. i have sent out a support ticket to braiins as well. just trying to figure out whats going on and how to fix it.

i just purchased 2 antminer s9's back in april 2022. i set them up using the braiins os+ software and of course i mine on there pool as well.

so everything was running just fine and all. but then i shut down my machines manually on christmas morning since my machines are in my living room. lol
after we did presents and all i turned the machines back on. everything was fine and all until i looked at my braiins app on my phone on dec 26th just after midnght.

thats when i noticed my machines were not working properly. they were mining on some other pool for someone else.
this is something very new to me. no 1 else in my house knows my passwords for anything.
so somehow someone "hacked" into my antminers and changed the pool config.

i have deleted there pool and put mine back in. and i thought all was well again. but after only 1.5 hrs on the dashboard page it showed a new pool address and username
but on the config tab there was nothing but my pool information.

i contacted support at braiins and im waiting to hear more from them.
they said i was running an older version of the software so when i got home from work i tried to install a newer version onto the machines but each time is says i am already running the current version.

of course i would really like to keep mining but currently im running my machines so they can work for someone else. lol

anyone have any ideas on how i can fix this problem so i dont have to shut my machines down.

thanks for any and all help.
paid2

Activity: 700
Merit: 2148

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2022, 03:03:15 AM

S9 w Braiins OS+ - haven't been able to connect to Zergpool. I think I'm missing some bit of syntax in the pool info. I am currently running a gekko setup with CGminer, an Apollo, and a couple of CPU's with XMRig - all on zergpool successfully. S9 is currently on another pool and I've mined on CK solo with it before.
I've tried everything I can think of to move the S9/Braiins+ to zergpool and it always comes up Pool Dead. I think I'm just missing something with the syntax.
Has anyone else experienced this? Interested in assisting my troubleshooting?
currently Pool URL: stratum+tcp://sha256.mine.zergpool.com:3333
username: bc1...(wallet addess)....zw3gs
Password: c=BTC, ID=ShaRightS9

Had the same issue with mmpool and Braiins OS (with a Antminer R4, flashed with S9's firmware) some time ago

I don't find it again but I think I saw Kano explaining on the forum that some pool refuses braiins os (maybe because of the modified cgminer or i don't know ?)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2022, 10:20:13 PM

There is no such a thing. We do not use cgminer. it was removed in 2019 and replaced with bosminer in 2020 made from scratch. The pool must support rolling version which is generally added with asicboost or it will not work. I have personally tested with some yiimp like zpool and mining dutch, if there is an issue with mmpool then they must investigate it. In general Braiins OS has been tested with most Bitcoin pools and if other coins work, fine if not, change pool. Altcoins are not officially supported.

The previous poster seems to be in a compromised network, with some malware or worse. This goes beyond Braiins OS+ support. What good is changing the password if they have a malware in a windows pc sending all keystrokes and desktop screenshots to some malicious entity? The most common mistake is not setting a password in the miner, but that is not the only security issue. The less computer savvy people are, the more prone they are for these exploits.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
kungen12321

Activity: 62
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 05:13:21 PM

Hi!

I have some antminer S17 PRO, T17, T17+ that I would like to install Braiins on. Now stock firmware.

I want to flash two sd card with Braiins, one for installing braiins to the miner. The other one using Braiins only as long the sd card is in the slot.

Thinking to flash with software Balenaetcher.

What files should I use for each sd card. There are three files to download.

beaglebone-x19_SD_runfromSD.....zip

x17_SD_autoNANDinstall....zip

x17+19_SD_runFromSD....zip

What file should I use together with BOS+ toolbox?

Perhaps it's a stupid question but had trouble installing and uninstalling Braiins, that's why I'm asking these questions.

Thanks in advance!

Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2023, 06:45:33 PM

Ok i did some small editing in the first post to make things easier for you. There is an issue with the install to NAND option, so you need to use a slightly older version to do it, this is now reflected in the link for S9 and x17.

The toolbox needs no files, it downloads what it needs on its own. You can only use it to install to S9, anything else needs physically inserting the micro SD card and leave it there if you don't want or can't install to nand (x19 control boards).

If you stick to always using micro SD cards, there is zero complication to "uninstall", just take it out of the miner. There is no need to install to NAND ever.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
kungen12321

Activity: 62
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 09:25:14 PM

Ok i did some small editing in the first post to make things easier for you. There is an issue with the install to NAND option, so you need to use a slightly older version to do it, this is now reflected in the link for S9 and x17.

The toolbox needs no files, it downloads what it needs on its own. You can only use it to install to S9, anything else needs physically inserting the micro SD card and leave it there if you don't want or can't install to nand (x19 control boards).

If you stick to always using micro SD cards, there is zero complication to "uninstall", just take it out of the miner. There is no need to install to NAND ever.

You mean an older version of Braiins, if so were to get it?

You are right, but prefer to install to nand believe it or not.

After starting up with the sim card, I go to System -> Install current system to device (NAND)

Here I get the error message: found argument "config" which wasn`t expected, or isn`t valid in this context.

Failed to parse message data

upgrade stage1 failed

process return code was 1

With an older version of Braiins it will be possible?
Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2023, 09:30:13 PM

In the first post of this thread.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
JaDaveIII

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 05, 2023, 06:10:42 PM

Feature request:

Add a flag / parameter to inhibit Auto Tune, thus using / keeping the current tuning results.

Why: The rig had been running fine. Suddenly, reason, unknown, auto-tune kicks in for one or more cards and it spends the next 12 hours doing it's thing. Sometimes the results are even worse than before. So 12 hours are hashed at 1/2 the normal rate while tuning.

If I can catch it, I will reload a saved configuration. That takes jut a few minutes to get back to the normal hash rate. If not (or don't have a saved config.), and the results are worse, I will then have to set the  power rate at a watt or two higher than before to get auto-tune to kick in (or edit the auto-tune file), but that's even worse as now the whole rig is tuned.

The software saves the best frequency for each chip at a certain card voltage in a unique json section for each card, for each power level. I'd suggest using that data when starting a tune, vs blindly cyclying thru all the combinations.

Oh, and make auto-tune enable & power level selectible each card. I may want to set a given voltage / freq. for a particular card while other cards auto-tune at each specific power level.
Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2023, 09:47:39 PM

Reason is not unknown, chip performance degraded (see log). This is a design feature and is what makes Braiins OS+ so different to others who don't care what happens to the miner afterwards.

If you run it with manual settings, you are on your own. We don't do presets, no shortcuts, and no tune and forget.

If you don't like it, try to investigate the cause. Make sure chip temperature remains constant and your power is stable. If it happened its because its needed, its not done on a whim.

The last thing only made sense for the S9, now the voltage is shared and there is nothing you can do about it.

I don't know if you understand it, but to reach peak efficiency you just can't take shortcuts, its not setting a bunch of speeds and voltage like an old fashioned overclocker. There is a very complicated way to reach that state, which cannot be shortened without losing efficiency. Yet again the reason we can do what others can't.

Sure you can have some sort of preset that is "good enough" for a group of machines, but it will never be the glove fit that is Braiins OS+. And the results are out there...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
robertpaulsen

Activity: 20
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 16, 2023, 06:55:00 PM

Is there any way to stop the miner from going 100% on all fans during start up? Limiting it to like 30-50 would drastically improve home mining conditions.
Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2023, 01:24:26 PM

It is not possible. When you power up a fan it goes to 100% before the fw loads or does anything. Consider a hardware controller or replacing the fans. For example the 3k RPM Phantek or "industrial" Noctua; or an external inline fan used for ducts with 3d printed adapter.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Coin Gorilla

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 17, 2023, 01:38:16 PM

Is there any way to stop the miner from going 100% on all fans during start up? Limiting it to like 30-50 would drastically improve home mining conditions.

Try with something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Control-Module-Cooling-Potentiometer-Chassis/dp/B0B6Q2NGSG
hZti

Activity: 952
Merit: 642

Magic

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 09:48:53 AM

What people also build is a device that disconnects the fan for a few seconds via a relay. It switches to a dummy fan adaptor for some seconds after start and then switches back to the fan, when the miner is up and running. Sadly this is not commercially available as far as I know.

Here you can find some more tips: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5436532.msg61644308#msg61644308
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: