Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:09:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OP posting easier identification system  (Read 776 times)
ajaxtempest (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 52

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 02:59:45 PM

I have one more suggestion which i had posted earlier.

I'm afraid that idea will be a little more difficult to implement (I hope I'm wrong). Unlike your first idea, this would require serious coding to add a patch like this to SMF. Maybe in BitcoinTalk 2.0?

I am not a coder or have knowledge about coding and I agree with FatFork that it will be difficult or need serious coding and many of the thread is that some forum user may post/reply in the same thread more than once. If someone can create a code that is not complicated or doesn't take too much work/effort to make the code that also work or there's a code already that is used already that work the same way and will only need to edit a bit/add more code then I think it won't make someone to put more effort or work to make the suggestion happen and possibly implemented by theymos plus it should be applicable/possible to add in SMF 1.1.19 just like the OP indicator implementation. What about the code that TryNinja used in his Telegram Bitcointalk Super Notifier? Then start coding which it will automatically add/make the link of the new post from the same poster into a hyperlink just like the example below and a code to display it in the top corner of the post that the forum user posted as suggested by OP. My thought of how it would look like if it is implemented Grin. Anyway, let's wait and see if PowerGlove would also create code for this suggestion as well.

YESSS. Thanks for opening the spark that will start the fire!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tg4jQAZ_cw
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 19, 2022, 10:37:36 PM

By the OP you can easily understand who the original poster means by this. Because you don't have to go back to the beginning to find the original poster donor, you can select by checking the OP text. Made this arrangement for easy selection so that we can easily select the original poster.
PowerGlove
hacker

Activity: 510
Merit: 4001

View Profile
October 13, 2022, 06:57:53 AM

I have another idea!. Have a down arrow next to a person reply which states"jump to next post of the user". An up arrow can also be used to see the users previous post in the same thread.

Anyway, let's wait and see if PowerGlove would also create code for this suggestion as well.

I ended up making a patch for this idea too; topic is here. Let's hope that theymos accepts it! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: