Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:34:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Things to keep in mind before accumulation of Bitcoin  (Read 1171 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 23, 2022, 05:05:24 PM

it turns out that there is still a lot that I have not learned even in the strategy of accumulating bitcoin itself.
But I'm more worried about my mentality in trading. I am often wrong in making decisions in making purchases. maybe I haven't studied properly what resistance and support lines are. so sometimes I still feel panicked when going to buy and also when going to sell. because sometimes I'm confused where to put my order. sometimes when I put a buy message it always doesn't get hit. and the price bounced before it hit my buy order. so I panicked and bought in a hurry in an instant.
That is part of the reason that DCA is a better strategy than trying to time the dip when you really cannot have very high levels of confidence about if the BTC price is going to dip more or if it has already dipped as much as it is going to go.  Almost no one is going to be able to time bottoms and tops, and if you try to establish a strategy in which you are not stressing about when are the bottoms, then you will probably start to feel better after you have been into bitcoin for a while.  Sometimes it can take several years before you start to feel comfortable with your BTC accumulation because a large number of people do not tend to have lump sums of spare money that they can invest, so they tend to have to invest slowly over time.

So for example, if you decide that you are going to invest $100 per week over the next 6 months ($2,600), then you might try to time your purchase each week, but maybe if you are frustrated about trying to time the purchase, you just buy at any price during each of the 26 weeks.. so you are sticking with a budget and maybe trying to time the bottom but not getting too stressed out if you cannot figure it out because over time you are continuing to build up your number of satoshis to the best of your ability and you realize that it is very difficult to time the price. and even supposed smart people get these timing of the BTC price matters wrong on a pretty regular basis.
Looks like I really have to learn and apply this DCA strategy. because after reading your explanation. I think the strategy you wrote seems to be able to keep my psychology in accumulating bitcoin. because to be honest, I've been accumulating at irregular times and without knowing the DCA strategy. So mentally and psychologically I was a little disturbed, such as quickly panicking and in a hurry because I was constantly chasing prices in purchases. even though if I can accumulate gradually little by little with a routine every week maybe I can be calmer. because the goal is to accumulate.

You are adequately describing the difficulty that exists in attempting to balance the amount that you are investing in such a way that should help with lessening the amount of panic that any of us can feel in terms of feeling that we have either investing too much into bitcoin or that we have not invested enough, and by the way, your previous practice of investing irregularly could still have been considered to be some variation of DCA - even though a more pure variation of DCA would be attempting to invest more regularly and systematically rather than being less purposeful about it (as you may have been doing previously).

I believe that you are more likely to learn more about yourself and your own sticking points when you are purposefully trying to focus on the matter in terms of applying a regular practice and by trying to NOT become too impatient about what you are doing, and I am not even suggesting that you set it and forget it but instead you can put something into practice and then you can review it from time to time and tweak it and then you can also consider how your practice plays out while the BTC price is changing and to see if there are points in which you are getting anxious regarding if there might be something that you can do to make yourself more comfortable.

Let's stick with my earlier example in which you already set yourself up with a 6 month budget of $100 per week that you are going to invest into bitcoin for the next 6 months, and you had already established that the amount is a fair balance because you have projected your cashflow out for 18 months (or some other timeframe that you believe is reasonable for your circumstances), and you have already accounted for your various incoming cashflows and your outgoing expenses, and when you plot out your whole time, you can see that there are some irregularities that are projected in your cashflow, but you have spare cash in there to cushion out the extremes, so you feel really comfortable that you are not going to miss the $100 amount that you have already allocated towards buying bitcoin every week.

As one, two or three months go by, you can look at whether some aspects of your income or expenses have changed, and then you can also have plans to increase the amounts that you allocate towards BTC or to reduce it, and maybe you want to keep your DCA amount the same but instead you have another category of funds that you place in categories of buying on dips and/or lump sum investing, but overall you might have a preference to keep the DCA amount to be the same and to just play around more with some of the other ways that you might either increase your income coming in or to reduce your expenses.

Part of my point is that you are likely going to learn more and more about yourself while you are learning new information about bitcoin and maybe even other investments, your levels of consumption, ways that you might increase your income, ways to organize the information and even to project your various balances going forward and/or your thoughts and feelings towards those things.

30 years ago, I would have various paper versions of my budgets and my projections, and of course, the more that I was able to have access to computers, some of the computer programs (such as spreadsheets) became less expensive and even easier to use and even more powerful.  Excel has been a pretty powerful tool in which you are able to create all kinds of formulas, but even using some of the more basic functions, you are going to be able to copy and past (and tweak to the extent necessary), and to save your work, and to be able to go back and look at some of your formulas for how you had been projecting going forward had ended up playing out in the real world.

Some of my projections of my cashflows from 20 years ago have similar formulas as the ones that I am using today, but there will be various points in which certain categories were added so they were not present in my earlier versions, and even for me, I can see that bitcoin was not part of any of my investment and cashflow projections before 2013, but then as I added bitcoin to my projections, I have some supplemental worksheets in which I see that I added new categories of assessment after I had been into bitcoin for a while then I realized that I had to change some of my categories of information (assessment) based on how much value had gone into bitcoin and then how BTC price performance (for me first down in 2014 and then flat in 2015 and then later up in late 2016 and thereafter) had also caused me to feel that I needed to reassess how I had previously been looking at some of my earlier information that I had compiled about my investment and cashflow projections.

We cannot necessarily rush any of these matters, because even though I have always had some ongoing targets to always invest/save at least 10% of my income (even 30 years ago), some of my numbers from 30 years ago look way smaller than how the later numbers started to build and to grow over time; however, it is my contention that I would not have been able to increase some of the numbers at dates later down the road if I had not gone through those ongoing building stages.  Sure, it is possible to get lucky, but it seems way more likely to have higher chances of success by consistently and persistently engaging in practices to build rather than to gamble with investment portfolio assets.  In other words, sizes of financial portfolios are more likely to come through building rather than gambling, even though I am not opposed to taking risks with portions of portfolio value, and to realize that the riskier portions may or may not end up building in value as much as the more conservative aspects of the investment portfolio.  

It is difficult to analyze the current price movement of bitcoin for the short or medium term except for the long term, and trading for the current situation in my opinion is difficult to make good profits. even if you can profit maybe only a small profit and even then if you are lucky and do it seriously and full time.
and we can't blame the whales for the role of the whales to pump and dump suddenly without thinking of small investors, and I prefer to take advantage of the current situation to do DCA because I think this is the best way for the long term because I don't want to bother looking at the market whose direction is unclear, and in the long run the direction is clearly profitable and most importantly patiently waiting for it and doing DCA.
As long as we're not in a rush to make a profit and only really buy when the price drops drastically, it might be a good time to buy it and keep waiting until the price really gets a pump.

I hate to be repeating myself over and over; however, members keep repeating the idea of buying on dips as if it were the same as DCA, and it is not.  DCA is a different idea, which is buying regularly no matter what the BTC price.  Of course, buying on dips can be supplemented into DCA, but pure forms of DCA do not attempt to predict the BTC price and just buy regularly no matter what is the price.

Since I believe that DCA is the most superior of strategies for beginners who are aiming to get a stake into BTC, my recommendation for beginners is to start with DCA.  Of course, if you want to be more interactive with your BTC investment, then you can supplement your DCA strategy with lump sum investing and buying on dips.  

Beginners who do not have a lot of confidence in their abilities to attempt to predict the dips or even to spend adequate time involved in watching the BTC price should just start out with pure DCA and maybe later down the road reassess if they want to get more involved in looking at the BTC price and/or trying to time dips and setting up their budgets to supplement with such buying on dip strategies.

Usually, after the price drops drastically, the price will get a pump and even if the pump is not very high, it is enough for us to make a profit. And if we can repeat that, I think the gains we get could be huge.

It tends to NOT be a good idea to include trading in any BTC accumulation strategy which you seem to want to calculate your profits in terms of making dollar profits, which may well ONLY result in short-term satisfaction, and trying to sell to buy back lower tends to end up in a lot of people losing money and getting too emotionally involved in trying to figure out which way the BTC price is going in the short term, which again does not tend to be a good strategy to accumulate BTC.. if accumulating BTC is the goal and if the goals are to attempt to build in the long term.. such as 4-10 years or more into the future.

And if you don't want to be too busy trading, maybe the DCA strategy is a good one because you keep buying bitcoins at low prices and have to adjust your funds. With the DCA strategy, you can collect bitcoins slowly and not in a hurry, which is good for your profit growth later.

Again.. you are repeating the idea in which you are mixing up DCA and buying on dips... Those are two different ideas, even though you can attempt to do both.  There is nothing wrong with attempting to do both if you want to attempt to do both, but you do not need to attempt to do both.

I think we never know if the whales will blindly do pumps and dumps in the market but with the notice of large assets being transferred to the exchange it is possible that the whales will do it, but true if there is no panic then this might cause any problems even can face the market more relaxed when anything happens, let it be a waste but seeing the prospect of a decline it can buy more if you want to say buy dips.
I think we can adjust more and more the direction of the market, if it declines then we should think more that it's a golden opportunity to buy.
That's true because the whales will pump and dump on the market suddenly and make many people panic. After all, it's too late to act. They can only follow the movement and try to enter the market. Some of them were able to profit from the situation, while others were caught in a panic and ended up at a loss. Right now is a good time to buy bitcoin as the price is still below but we also have to be careful not to try to buy when the price gets a pump because the price will go back down after that. So only with analysis can we do to find the moment to buy and sell.

You are advocating a kind of trading, and I don't necessarily disagree with you; however, trading is not easy to accomplish (especially shorter term), even if you think you know what you are doing.... and in this thread, seems to be emphasizing BTC accumulation for the long term rather than trading, and sure there can be considerations of longer term trends that also might attempt to accumulate more when the price seems to be down and to shave off some profits when the price is up.. but probably not making moves that involve getting caught up into trying to figure out short term BTC price movements, which you seem to be advocating attempting to figure out those kinds of short term price moves.  

By the way, we have had plenty of instances in bitcoin in which people have sold very large portions of their BTC stash because they thought that the pump was not sustainable and they end up selling way too many BTC too soon.. and similar dynamics have happened with price drops in which people buy way too many BTC too soon and then they run out of money to buy more when the price continues to drop.. and sure, I am not suggesting that you are not aware of these possibilities, but the risks to one's BTC portfolio can become quite great when they get carried away with making short term plays that end up making their situation worse than if they had just stuck with a more consistent long term strategy that involves ongoing accumulation without so much regards to price and/or trying to figure out short term BTC price movements.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wakate

Activity: 980
Merit: 519

fillippone - Winner contest Pizza 2022

View Profile
September 23, 2022, 06:48:12 PM

Yes, exactly whales will always be or at least they'll try to be unpredictable in trades.
And it'll be hard for an average trader to understand everything when the market moves to disregard technical indicators.
Also, whales will be responsible for major pump and dump that shatters the market and most new traders.
If the average trader can analyze how the market is moving, they will probably see signs of where the market is going so at least they can see if it works for them or not. And if they don't see it as an opportunity, they don't have to go into the market and wait any longer for the opportunity to come. But most traders are trying to get into the market even though they are not convinced.

Maybe the whales are responsible for the pumping and dumping in the market but we can't blame them for what they did because if we didn't panic, we wouldn't have done anything and could have bought at a low price instead.
It is difficult to analyze the current price movement of bitcoin for the short or medium term except for the long term, and trading for the current situation in my opinion is difficult to make good profits. even if you can profit maybe only a small profit and even then if you are lucky and do it seriously and full time.
and we can't blame the whales for the role of the whales to pump and dump suddenly without thinking of small investors, and I prefer to take advantage of the current situation to do DCA because I think this is the best way for the long term because I don't want to bother looking at the market whose direction is unclear, and in the long run the direction is clearly profitable and most importantly patiently waiting for it and doing DCA.
Investing in Bitcoin does not need so many things to learn and acquire before getting to know how to invest properly in Bitcoin and get to buy and sell at the right time. Bitcoin is a trending coin and it determines the movement of other crypto project whether bullish or bearish which is the reason why we need to get familiar and understand the concept of buying and investing in it.

I think getting some trading idea and knowledge can be another reason to understand the concept of how the Bitcoin market moves. So many phases of Bitcoin and pattern so we need some important things to learn that can always enlighten us on how we can always go about investing in Bitcoin at the right time.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
September 24, 2022, 04:38:19 AM

As OP mentioned there is a common understanding about the term accumulate. When we get into the discussion about investments, this have got varied meaning. When the price have reached the bottom it is the right time to accumulate. Whales does it when the bottom is reached. Common people doesn't have the mind to invest buy and invest at the low bottom.

When a person knows to make an investment at the bottom, there is no need of such complications on watching different applications to keep track of the market. Accumulation is preferred for long term and for people users who get into trading practice buying at the bottom can benefit out of the Whales Alert, Clank App, WhaleMap, Whale Watchers, WhaleBot Alerts and all.
Strongkored
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1112

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2022, 05:16:25 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

As OP mentioned there is a common understanding about the term accumulate. When we get into the discussion about investments, this have got varied meaning. When the price have reached the bottom it is the right time to accumulate. Whales does it when the bottom is reached. Common people doesn't have the mind to invest buy and invest at the low bottom.

When a person knows to make an investment at the bottom, there is no need of such complications on watching different applications to keep track of the market. Accumulation is preferred for long term and for people users who get into trading practice buying at the bottom can benefit out of the Whales Alert, Clank App, WhaleMap, Whale Watchers, WhaleBot Alerts and all.
But unfortunately it is almost impossible to know the bottom point of the price of btc because everything is just a prediction, when many predict that the price of btc will no longer below the $20,000 because it has passed the $22,000 mark but it can still be lower than $20,000, so if you really want to invest and is not a person who has a lot of funds by collecting them little by little even though they don't know where the lowest price is then it's not a problem, especially if you already know the meaning of investment itself is long term, not done to wait for prices to rise in a short period but rather to secure assets and make the asset value grow to reduce the impact of inflation.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1857

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2022, 05:30:11 AM

I really want to thank you for the great effort you made in this post, you talked about very important things to know by those who want to accumulate bitcoin in the long term, the best strategy of course is DCA, also very important for those who want to accumulate bitcoin in the long run stay away from the news because Whales often resort to spreading negative news that can cause panic selling. Choosing the right type of wallet is also very important.
These are really important points that everyone should pay attention to when accumulating Bitcoin in the long run.

CryptoHeadlineNews

Activity: 952
Merit: 677

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2022, 06:49:46 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

You did put much work into this thread, and I appreciate you for that, but to me, I think the easiest way to accumulate Bitcoin is to have a plan target of either buying Bitcoin weekly, monthly or quarterly and keeping up to your plan irrespective of what the price of Bitcoin could be at the moment because the price of Bitcoin will always fluctuate but by having in mind that for e.g every week you plan to buy just $10 worth of Bitcoin, before 1yr you should be having 52 x $10 = $520 worth of Bitcoin, which is equally the same as the principle of savings (money)

So to accumulate more Bitcoin, it's all about having a plan

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
September 24, 2022, 06:59:53 AM

3: Do not freak out:

One of the biggest benefit of long term investment is you don’t have to check market again and again. Thus you will face no tension. But to do that you have to build patience in yourself. Which you can do by not becoming a prey of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).
I'm sure this will be difficult for most new investors especially for those who are new to investing. Panic is normal when the price drops 10%-15% in less than 24 hours, but when a trader or investor ignores these fluctuations and chooses to hold on and believe in another potential in the future then they have become a strong hand.

Don't panic, it's much easier said than realized in day-to-day or short-term trading practice. I agree that if one can avoid panicking when the price drops [in particular bitcoin] then they will have no regrets in the long run if the bounce occurs in a relatively quick timeframe.

OP, by the way you could also consider moving this thread to a trading discussion board instead of a bitcoin discussion board.

I agree.

I have a lot of friends who have a wrong understanding about Bitcoin. They always thought that once they invest in it, it will always give them profits, so the ending is that they are always disappointed and losing hope already. Most of the people who invested in Bitcoin because of the hype of cryptocurrency since the pandemic started has this kind of mindset, they are the panic sellers, and they are the ones that thought they could earn a lot of money like other crypto enthusiast by just simply investing their fiat on a volatile cryptocurrency.
BobK71

Activity: 2128
Merit: 655

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 24, 2022, 02:31:28 PM

Proper planning will help someone to reach his goals faster. There are many different strategies for collecting bitcoins but I would say like few others that the DCA strategy is the best. By applying this dollar cost averaging strategy an investor can maximize his holdings to make them more profitable. However, the current bearishness of the market is likely to be prolonged. Bitcoin holders have no problem with this. Just avoid negative news and stay positive with the goal.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 24, 2022, 10:59:27 PM

You say the accumulation phase is when the price of bitcoin is at the lowest. But how would you know that it is the lowest? The price went down as low as $35k and people thought it was the lowest. It kept on going low. So do you keep on waiting for the low?

And also, DCA investing and other stuffs would seem very complicated for new traders/investors. You don't have to do DCA or other stuffs if you are planning to invest and hold long term. Only invest what you can afford to lose. You have money lying around that you don't need. Invest and keep holding till you reach your profit goal.
DCA won’t also be advisable if you are not knowledgeable on it in the first place. Even if they say DCA is the safest way to accumulate bitcoin, but for beginners who have not experienced it doing, I guess it will just complicate things. As long as you always take advantage when bitcoin price is declining, then you have nothing to worry knowing the end part is to hold your investments for long term and sell it only when bitcoin price hits new ATH. What you should be worrying is that if you can sustain hodling them despite of the price fluctuations that is happening from time to time.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
September 24, 2022, 11:23:06 PM

You say the accumulation phase is when the price of bitcoin is at the lowest. But how would you know that it is the lowest? The price went down as low as $35k and people thought it was the lowest. It kept on going low. So do you keep on waiting for the low?

And also, DCA investing and other stuffs would seem very complicated for new traders/investors. You don't have to do DCA or other stuffs if you are planning to invest and hold long term. Only invest what you can afford to lose. You have money lying around that you don't need. Invest and keep holding till you reach your profit goal.
DCA won’t also be advisable if you are not knowledgeable on it in the first place. Even if they say DCA is the safest way to accumulate bitcoin, but for beginners who have not experienced it doing, I guess it will just complicate things. As long as you always take advantage when bitcoin price is declining, then you have nothing to worry knowing the end part is to hold your investments for long term and sell it only when bitcoin price hits new ATH. What you should be worrying is that if you can sustain hodling them despite of the price fluctuations that is happening from time to time.
Doesnt really that need knowledge into huge extent because you could always make use of DCA method on a declining market.Yes, it might involved that analysis but wont really be that on huge certain extent.Even having that common sense and surrounding awareness should be enough.

We arent that not that experienced but we could notice out on whats happening in the market.Some might panic sell and some might be just waiting for the right time to get in and some
are completely buying up as long the price is going down.Different decisions had been made on these kind of particular moments.
Ziskinberg

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636

For campaign management look for Little Mouse!

View Profile
September 24, 2022, 11:41:59 PM

Proper planning will help someone to reach his goals faster. There are many different strategies for collecting bitcoins but I would say like few others that the DCA strategy is the best. By applying this dollar cost averaging strategy an investor can maximize his holdings to make them more profitable. However, the current bearishness of the market is likely to be prolonged. Bitcoin holders have no problem with this. Just avoid negative news and stay positive with the goal.
Well, before you invest in Bitcoin be sure that you know what you are doing. DCAing is work exactly in all market conditions but yes, we have to deal with our emotions as well and keep positive. We can't escape from hearing negativity and FUDs but some investors make use of this as a signal to invest more. Honestly, more panic leads to many investors selling their coins which is absolutely a time for the accumulations. In fact, some whales tried to create those things for them to take advantage once huge selling occurs, that is somewhat manipulations.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
BRINIRHA

Activity: 700
Merit: 266

hope new job come to me

View Profile
September 25, 2022, 04:01:31 AM

2. Use indicator to analyze market to take better entry
I'm still learning around this point. because often I am wrong in placing my entries. so I want to try my best to make the right entry based on analysis and several indicators.

but using DCA seems to lighten the load on my mind. ie I will enter the market to buy every week. accumulating like that seems much healthier for my mind and mentality.

but what I don't know about DCA is that when we buy we buy in stages. So, is selling also done in stages?
so the crux of my question is whether this DCA is also used in selling? or just in accumulating it?...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2022, 04:33:18 AM

2. Use indicator to analyze market to take better entry
I'm still learning around this point. because often I am wrong in placing my entries. so I want to try my best to make the right entry based on analysis and several indicators.

but using DCA seems to lighten the load on my mind. ie I will enter the market to buy every week. accumulating like that seems much healthier for my mind and mentality.

but what I don't know about DCA is that when we buy we buy in stages. So, is selling also done in stages?
so the crux of my question is whether this DCA is also used in selling? or just in accumulating it?...

Personally, I believe that you should figure out your BTC accumulation targets and then get to a point in which you might be building the size of your BTC stash prior to considering selling.. so if you have an investment timeline of 4-10 years or more, then you can figure out your selling strategies when the time comes and after you have built up the amount of your holdings in order that it might make sense to start to cash out portions of your holdings.

If you are figuring out when to sell, the you may well have not really figured out your balancing of allocations or even knowing why you are getting into bitcoin in the first place...

If you come into bitcoin, and you have no other assets then you might need to figure out some balance in assets and how much you want to have in bitcoin compared to other assets, but you would not have to figure that out in the beginning, especially if bitcoin is your only investment.  If bitcoin is your only investment then you should figure out what your target investment building out amount is going to be and then work towards building to get to your target level whether it is a value of $10k, $20k or even $50k prior to then wanting to diversify into other assets (and I am not talking about diversifying into shitcoins, even though I understand some people will come to the conclusion that they "need" or "want" shitcoins in their investment portfolio).

Usually you will diversify into asset classes that differ.. such as property and equities.. but you likely need to build up to a certain target amount that only you can figure out prior to figuring out what you want your allocation to be in different kinds of investments.

If you already have an investment portfolio that includes various assets, then you might try to figure out what portion of that you would like to become bitcoin, whether it is low as 1% or as high as 25%, and then if you have a target allocation level that is compared to other investments that you have, then you would figure out how to reach your allocation whether to reallocate from other assets, or just to build your bitcoin portion with new cash as it comes in, and then you might be able to figure out an estimate of how long it might take you to reach your target allocation level (of let's say 10% that might take you 1 year or more to reach the target level).  The more you play around with these ideas, the more you should be able to tailor your targets to your own personal circumstances that would include accounting for your cashflow, other investments, view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, timeline, risk tolerance, and time, skills and abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time to consider trading, reallocating, use of leverage and/or financial instruments.

It can take a long time to figure out each of these, but you do not have to figure them all out before getting started investing in bitcoin.. and accordingly any person could start by investing small (or investing something that they believe is reasonable and prudent) - and continue to study their own circumstances, and perhaps tweak their investing strategy from time to time along the way.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Wapfika

Activity: 1260
Merit: 560

Bitcoin makes the world go 🔃

View Profile
September 25, 2022, 04:54:32 AM

Well, before you invest in Bitcoin be sure that you know what you are doing. DCAing is work exactly in all market conditions but yes, we have to deal with our emotions as well and keep positive. We can't escape from hearing negativity and FUDs but some investors make use of this as a signal to invest more. Honestly, more panic leads to many investors selling their coins which is absolutely a time for the accumulations. In fact, some whales tried to create those things for them to take advantage once huge selling occurs, that is somewhat manipulations.
Whales work in such way that they can accumulate more Bitcoin at a lower price. They have the advantage to buy more BTC at bulk when many panic selling. However,this time many now where into holding as the bear market still ongoing and many aims to still be in profit soon. With many factors like pandemic and economic crisis in many country it will be hard to accumulate much BTC with all the inflation happening.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2022, 05:15:17 AM

Whales work in such way that they can accumulate more Bitcoin at a lower price. They have the advantage to buy more BTC at bulk when many panic selling. However,this time many now where into holding as the bear market still ongoing and many aims to still be in profit soon. With many factors like pandemic and economic crisis in many country it will be hard to accumulate much BTC with all the inflation happening.

Don't confuse quantity with your ability to think for yourself and to budget for yourself based on your own circumstances and budget... and yeah, if you do not have any extra money then you will not be able to buy any bitcoin because you do not have any discretionary income.

One of the things that anyone should attempt to do (who is able) is to create discretionary income in order to be able to invest into bitcoin.

Bitcoin is amongst the best of investments ever that is available to regular and to poor people so long as you figure out a place to get bitcoin with low fees, you are going to be able to buy in small amounts, such as $10 per week.  Most investments you are not able to buy in such small quantities, even property or equities and getting a 401k account or whatever.  Bitcoin is available to everyone... you just have to figure out a strategy to take advantage of it, and if you are able to be more aggressive than $10 per week, then you work up to $100 per week.... but you are going to be the victim of your own errors if you spend too much on bitcoin and you do not prepare yourself with an adequate emergency account.. if you need cash at a time that is not convenient for you. 

So you need to figure out your budget and attempt to be as aggressive as you can afford to be without being so aggressive that you over do it.. and it is up to you to calculate that you are sufficiently aggressive in your BTC investment without getting greedy.

Jeger.Kiting

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2022, 07:21:31 AM

In fact, determining whether you are in the accumulation stage may not be accurate as there may be some overlap in where you move from accumulation to maintenance, and your perception of where you are may differ as a result of changes in BTC price or otherwise. You can spend money or retire if you sell when the cycle is at its peak. It's also a good idea to sell when the price is high enough to keep you from having to work again.
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 25, 2022, 08:23:56 AM

~
So you need to figure out your budget and attempt to be as aggressive as you can afford to be without being so aggressive that you over do it.. and it is up to you to calculate that you are sufficiently aggressive in your BTC investment without getting greedy.

Well, the first thing to know is that investing in Bitcoin can be risky, it is not for everyone. If you are planning on investing, you will need to research whether or not this is the right choice for your situation. You will also want to make sure that you are comfortable with the fact that the price of Bitcoin can fluctuate significantly over time (and also take into account any fees associated with buying and selling).

If you have some extra cash lying around and want to invest for the long haul, it is definitely worth considering. But whatever you do, remember that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are already established ways of storing value. Like any commodity, they can fluctuate in price, but the long-term value is clear. And since Bitcoin is still a relatively rare commodity, the price may rise even further as new users are drawn into the fold.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
ajiz138

Activity: 1498
Merit: 785

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2022, 10:25:02 AM

You did put much work into this thread, and I appreciate you for that, but to me, I think the easiest way to accumulate Bitcoin is to have a plan target of either buying Bitcoin weekly, monthly or quarterly and keeping up to your plan irrespective of what the price of Bitcoin could be at the moment because the price of Bitcoin will always fluctuate but by having in mind that for e.g every week you plan to buy just $10 worth of Bitcoin, before 1yr you should be having 52 x $10 = $520 worth of Bitcoin, which is equally the same as the principle of savings (money)

So to accumulate more Bitcoin, it's all about having a plan
That's a simple way to collect bitcoins assuming that $10 per week is enough than nothing, this is just a small assumption so that many people understand better but if it is increased for example $40 per week 52 x $40 = $2080, everyone can calculate it on a calculator here https http://dcabtc.com/ it's easier what to plan in this DCA practice.
But don't ever think about fluctuations we are more focused on every annual plan target in collecting Bitcoins in this way, rest assured this year we will have an accumulation with a lower average purchase of under $20k.

~

Well, the first thing to know is that investing in Bitcoin can be risky, it is not for everyone. If you are planning on investing, you will need to research whether or not this is the right choice for your situation. You will also want to make sure that you are comfortable with the fact that the price of Bitcoin can fluctuate significantly over time (and also take into account any fees associated with buying and selling).

If you have some extra cash lying around and want to invest for the long haul, it is definitely worth considering. But whatever you do, remember that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are already established ways of storing value. Like any commodity, they can fluctuate in price, but the long-term value is clear. And since Bitcoin is still a relatively rare commodity, the price may rise even further as new users are drawn into the fold.
Obviously it must be known that Bitcoin investment has risks even worse than other commodity assets but we see the future prospects of bitcoin are much better but for anyone who invests in this matter think about this risk before doing it, don't just want to be sweet because it's called We have to think about the advantages but also the disadvantages, but we also have to understand how the journey of bitcoin which later becomes fluctuating, the market crashes, lots of funds, fomo and many others this is actually not easy but if we research we will understand the situation.

I think that's the most important thing the extra money should be a reference for long-term investment if they believe in bitcoin, I do this because there is extra money every month that I get so obviously this is my consideration and of course I have done it.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
September 25, 2022, 04:45:48 PM

3: Do not freak out:

One of the biggest benefit of long term investment is you don’t have to check market again and again. Thus you will face no tension. But to do that you have to build patience in yourself. Which you can do by not becoming a prey of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).
I'm sure this will be difficult for most new investors especially for those who are new to investing. Panic is normal when the price drops 10%-15% in less than 24 hours, but when a trader or investor ignores these fluctuations and chooses to hold on and believe in another potential in the future then they have become a strong hand.

Don't panic, it's much easier said than realized in day-to-day or short-term trading practice. I agree that if one can avoid panicking when the price drops [in particular bitcoin] then they will have no regrets in the long run if the bounce occurs in a relatively quick timeframe.

OP, by the way you could also consider moving this thread to a trading discussion board instead of a bitcoin discussion board.

I agree.

I have a lot of friends who have a wrong understanding about Bitcoin. They always thought that once they invest in it, it will always give them profits, so the ending is that they are always disappointed and losing hope already. Most of the people who invested in Bitcoin because of the hype of cryptocurrency since the pandemic started has this kind of mindset, they are the panic sellers, and they are the ones that thought they could earn a lot of money like other crypto enthusiast by just simply investing their fiat on a volatile cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin is not for those who are such investors. They fear the volatility of Bitcoin. Moreover, they unknowingly invested during the Bitcoin hype and panicked whenever its price started to fall. Many have sold again at a loss. Those investors need to acquire enough knowledge about the importance of Bitcoin, its uses and how to hold it. But knowingly or not, there is no harm in investing in Bitcoin if they are able to wait until it gets expected ATH. Because Bitcoin is the only who is always able to break the previous ATH in bull market.

Unfortunately, BTC has been portrayed by the media as something that can ruin one's life due to its volatility. This kind of opinion was given by most people who unfortunately invested into cryptocurrency without even knowing what they are investing on.

Back in 2017, the price of 1 BTC was around $4,000 and in 2018, it reached an ATH of $19,000. Unfortunately, that was also the time that most and majority of the people invested and after a few months, its price crashed. For the people who blindly invested into BTC without even knowing, they are also the ones who spread news about it being a scam.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2022, 07:24:23 PM

In fact, determining whether you are in the accumulation stage may not be accurate as there may be some overlap in where you move from accumulation to maintenance, and your perception of where you are may differ as a result of changes in BTC price or otherwise. You can spend money or retire if you sell when the cycle is at its peak. It's also a good idea to sell when the price is high enough to keep you from having to work again.

I have no problem with any of what you are saying Jeger.Kiting.. .however you seem to have some kind of an underlying assumption that there would be a better asset to go into or to be in rather than bitcoin.. like you spend time in bitcoin for it to earn you money, and then you get out into something safer.

I have no problem with diversifying out of investments or diversifying in order that you do not have too many assets (value) in any particular investment, but there is no real solid justification that there would necessarily be any need to completely get out of bitcoin, whether we are referring to a 3x to 5x BTC price appreciation from here.. or we are referring to a 10x to 30x BTC price appreciation from here.

And sure, regarding if you are in an accumulation stage or maybe a maintenance stage or a liquidation stage, these are on a spectrum, so you could be more heavily in one or another, even if you are engaged in behaviors that might be more symbolic of one of the other stages.

Let's say, for example that you have $4k in funds on hand that you can have to spend for bitcoin, and you have an income in which you positively know that you can invest $8k over the next year for bitcoin, so based on that information, you decide that you are going to invest $1k per month for the next year into bitcoin, and each year you authorize a similar quantity of investment into bitcoin, and after three years investing into bitcoin, you figure that you have enough BTC because you have invested $36k into it (over 36 months), so after three years, you start to consider yourself to mostly be in a kind of maintenance stage, and your conduct to continue buy or sell BTC might still have some kind of foundation in your feeling a certain amount of comfort that you have accumulated a quantity of BTC over 3 years in which you are feeling comfortable about where you are at and you are able to plan your buy/sell strategies with more flexibility after 3 years than you had when you had started investing into BTC. 

In other words, you end up having more options once you have spent three years building your BTC portfolio, and your thinking about your BTC portfolio is going to be much more informed and specific to yourself once you have already spent 3 years building up the size of your BTC holdings (and perhaps some of your other life circumstances and other investments have changed over that three years period of time, too?).

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: