Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:38:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I messed up  (Read 314 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1210

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 04, 2022, 02:08:30 PM

Help, I fucked up really bad, I mistakenly deleted my recovery seed that I wrote down in a txt file on my PC and its been over two weeks now, is there anyway I can recover this? I've tried software like disk drill and other but none gives back that exat .txt file.
Well, yeah you did actually. You're old enough here to have stumbled on this warning that people shouldn't save their seedphrase or any valuable data on PC/desktop. Writing such out on paper has proved to be more reliable than storing it on mobile devices. While not trying to rub it in your face, I sincerely do hope you recover it and also that others too learn from your mistake on this. What's the feedback, OP?

Having multiple means of safe keeping secret phrases shouod be one thing we should take seriosly in tue case of such situation as this there will be available alternative to it all.
However, make sure storing secret phrases doesn't involve leaving them on a PC or a mobile device, especially one connected to the Internet. Doing that leaves one vulnerable to hackers.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██