Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralised autonomous global government  (Read 233 times)
Black_Sun (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2022, 08:56:17 AM

There have been numerous articles that I have seen and read a little of and its related to your case study.
1. Exploring Decentralized Autonomous Organizations: Towards Shared Interests and ‘Code is Constitution
2.  The Rise of Decentralized Autonomous  Organizations

This system and the goal in which you are chasing will nearly be impossible to achieve unless you are a country representative and you can submit a proposal to your government which they can study, debate on, and then conclude whether to pass the bill or not.
there are motions that ordinary citizens can just pool, even when your findings and source are well presented with good and open fact, there will still be people to criticize and condemn it. 

Thanks for the links! They're a good read.
THe reason such a projct is very difficult is not because of who you need to be to acheive it, but because of the complexity of the implementation. ETH did not succeed because it was backed by powerful entites, but because it offered a new paradigm for businesses, and in concrete terms it offered new business opportunities. The same way, this DAGG will not be adopted because of its powerful backers, but because of the opportunities it will offer in the realm of governance, political and ethical decsion making. This efficiency will translate into more fainess, but it would be adopted mostly because it will translate into higher growth. So, who you are does not matter much in this context, but what you implement will make it work or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Black_Sun (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2022, 09:06:32 AM

... a global government but without the corruption and inefficiency sides.

Well, that would be pretty hard to achieve, I would say.

I think it's fairly safe to say that such a system of governance would be incredibly difficult to create. In fact, I hardly think such a system would be even slightly possible, given the current state of technology and the nature of human beings. However, even if such a system were created and it worked, I doubt that it would be the best form of government for humanity as a whole. As an aside, I don't think there is such thing as "the best form of government." Each system has its own strengths and weaknesses, and what works for one society may not work for another. Of course, I suppose this is only one interpretation. The idea makes for some good philosophical debates, at least.

Your answer is the one I agree with the most in this thread, it would be incredibly difficult, and it would not be perfect. But the goal is not to make something easy, not perfect. This DAGG would just improve fairness and efficiency. That's all there would be to it. definitely not pretending to make the world a better place, since I do not know what is a better wolrd.
decodx

Activity: 1428
Merit: 928

🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

View Profile
November 05, 2022, 10:44:15 AM
Merited by Black_Sun (1)

I think it's fairly safe to say that such a system of governance would be incredibly difficult to create. In fact, I hardly think such a system would be even slightly possible, given the current state of technology and the nature of human beings. However, even if such a system were created and it worked, I doubt that it would be the best form of government for humanity as a whole. As an aside, I don't think there is such thing as "the best form of government." Each system has its own strengths and weaknesses, and what works for one society may not work for another. Of course, I suppose this is only one interpretation. The idea makes for some good philosophical debates, at least.

Your answer is the one I agree with the most in this thread, it would be incredibly difficult, and it would not be perfect. But the goal is not to make something easy, not perfect. This DAGG would just improve fairness and efficiency. That's all there would be to it. definitely not pretending to make the world a better place, since I do not know what is a better wolrd.

I don't think I'm underrating the value of such a system. I think it could be quite helpful to everyone involved (except the criminals, of course), and that it would simplify governance a lot. I don't know if it can ever be successful, but as long as there are people who are willing to work towards such a system, I don't see why we shouldn't try our best to pursue it. I'm a big believer in the idea that blockchain can potentially help make many things more fair and efficient. It will take time to make this vision a reality, but the more good projects we see come to pass, the better!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Black_Sun (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 09:30:12 AM

I don't think I'm underrating the value of such a system. I think it could be quite helpful to everyone involved (except the criminals, of course), and that it would simplify governance a lot. I don't know if it can ever be successful, but as long as there are people who are willing to work towards such a system, I don't see why we shouldn't try our best to pursue it. I'm a big believer in the idea that blockchain can potentially help make many things more fair and efficient. It will take time to make this vision a reality, but the more good projects we see come to pass, the better!

That's right, thank you.
YUriy1991

Activity: 910
Merit: 217

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 09:46:10 AM

The introduction and widespread adoption of technology should spur a discussion on governance that focuses on the impact of technology on people and their access to the world around them.

So… if a global consensus on issues of governance, taxation, allocation-of-resources cannot be achieved at a single centralised location, can it be achieved through an interlinked set of autonomous sites? Is there an argument for secession from the existing political order?

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

Hello Leo! You can still win.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2022, 09:58:51 AM

Imagine an autonomous decentralized country where the election of leaders is done through the blockchain.

Imagine an autonomous decentralized country where laws are made through the vote of individuals in the blockchain.

Imagine an autonomous decentralized country where the country's reserve is in Bitcoin and wallet address is being monitored by every single citizen of the country.

Imagine an autonomous decentralized country where a criminal will only be guilty when the whole community has voted against him through the blockchain.

Imagine an autonomous decentralized country without corruption.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██