Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:41:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is a war. Do you realize it?  (Read 3502 times)
gene (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 02:29:49 PM

http://www.counterpunch.org/2011/12/09/the-foot-cavalry-of-the-99-percent/

Occupy Wall Street is a peaceful, nonviolent movement, but, like it or not, it’s still one half of a class war. You would be in denial if you pondered over the events of last fall and thought of them as anything other than an unsuccessful military campaign, smashed by superior numbers and resources, but walking away in tact with important tactical victories against the propaganda of the “1%,” as a little TET Offensive on American soil. As painful as it is even for someone as cynical as I am (and that’s pretty cynical) to acknowledge it, that’s the way the bought and paid for municipal governments of the “1%” and their heavily armed bands of blue uniformed mercenaries think of it.

You may have voted for them, but they do not work for you. They do not care about you. They care only about the “1%” who funded their campaigns and who promise to offer them high paying jobs after their terms expire. When they think of you, if they think of you at all, and they probably think of you only rarely, they think of you as the dehumanized enemy, as slopes, as gooks, as Hajis, as niggers at the bottom of the slave boat, or as those annoying native American tribes who are occupying the land they want to use for a government subsidized railroad.

You also scare them. They know they won a short term victory. They also remember that the French, in the short run, won the Battle of Algiers. The goal of the “foot cavalry of the 99%” this winter is to maneuver while remaining together as an army, not to scatter but to redeploy in anticipation of the weather turning warm next spring.

What is the role of a distributed currency? How can it be used to finance an ideological war - truly, the most effective type of war. All soldiers need equiment. They need comms, information, and weapons - in this case ideological weapons to counter the sea of corporate propaganda which washes over us each day.

This is only part of the picture, but you had better see what is going on around us. You can be sure that central planners of the establishment are paying attention. They are very aware of what is going on and are doing their best to obscure it.

Spring is coming. Now is the time to expand networks of finance, intelligence, and communication. This is the role of the IT worker.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 02:35:52 PM

OP is a classical example of unwarranted self-importance. 
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 03:12:14 PM

and what are you?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 03:45:01 PM

and what are you?

Just warning others so they don't succumb to the same fallacy as OP has.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 04:59:46 PM

ows has achieved nothing and will continue to achieve nothing and will all vote for obama just like they were told to do in 2008.

I won't be voting for Obama (I'm not American though, so that probably explains it).
The history of the world is not the history of politics, it's the history of technology. French people 100 years ago had the same standard of living as Americans 100 years ago - as they do today. Both countries have entirely different political histories and yet at any point in time they share almost identical standards of living - the same can be said of every other country that shares the same technological history and advantages. The only thing that affects standard of living is technology and access to it - the LLRRLLLLRRRLLRLLRRR or LLLLRRLRRRRLRRLRLLR of politics in your own country is irrelevant.
Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 05:09:18 PM

ows has achieved nothing and will continue to achieve nothing and will all vote for obama just like they were told to do in 2008.

I won't be voting for Obama (I'm not American though, so that probably explains it).
The history of the world is not the history of politics, it's the history of technology. French people 100 years ago had the same standard of living as Americans 100 years ago - as they do today. Both countries have entirely different political histories and yet at any point in time they share almost identical standards of living - the same can be said of every other country that shares the same technological history and advantages. The only thing that affects standard of living is technology and access to it - the LLRRLLLLRRRLLRLLRRR or LLLLRRLRRRRLRRLRLLR of politics in your own country is irrelevant.

the hidden reason for the LLLLRRLRRRRLRRLRLLR fight can be reduced to the question "who gets the money?" so it is in fact very important just not a fight ordinary people can play at and win.

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 05:10:36 PM

the LLRRLLLLRRRLLRLLRRR or LLLLRRLRRRRLRRLRLLR of politics in your own country is irrelevant

+1, just the illusion of choice, the super bowl or world cup to keep the masses busy (entertained) arguing about nothing.

"who gets the money?"  has already been answered.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 05:24:19 PM

China has already won this game. It's time to put away the game of scarcity and play a more mature game.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
dancupid

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 05:31:46 PM

the hidden reason for the LLLLRRLRRRRLRRLRLLR fight can be reduced to the question "who gets the money?" so it is in fact very important just not a fight ordinary people can play at and win.

They don't need to worry about it - all they need is a mechanism that ensures they have access to the latest technology - that's all history shows. I don't care who get's the money as long as I can access Twitter (I'm in China and have a VPN so even that isn't a problem)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 05:32:02 PM

I think the game we have been playing is called "consume".  Consumer society.  Hey don't "they" call us "consumers".  That is just what we are to "them".  In the current economic system our job is to consume.  Just look at what happens when we stop.  The entire thust of the media is then directed at getting us to get back to our job and consume again.

I think this is where Bitcoin is the most dangerous.  The current system relies on an unlimitted supply of fiat currency to drive the consumption process.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
bittersweet

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 05:49:18 PM

China has already won this game. It's time to put away the game of scarcity and play a more mature game.

Scarcity isn't a game. It's reality in the physical world.

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
dancupid

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 05:55:29 PM

The Chinese government has just defined poverty in China as an income of less the $1 per day. I'm sure the 400 million Chinese who earn this daily may disagree with you.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 05:59:03 PM

It's an artificial reality.

cjgames.com
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 06:00:29 PM

The Chinese government has just defined poverty in China as an income of less the $1 per day. I'm sure the 400 million Chinese who earn this daily may disagree with you.

It won't be long before many more Americans are starving as well. China is reinvesting their wealth in infrastructure. America is disintegrating.

It depends on what you value. If carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen are the most valuable things to you, then not so much.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
dancupid

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 06:07:26 PM

It won't be long before many more Americans are starving as well. China is reinvesting their wealth in infrastructure. America is disintegrating.

Yeah well the Americans have the vote - so it's their choice. If America wants to fail then it's up to the people of America. The Chinese have no such choice.
gene (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 06:24:34 PM

The only thing that affects standard of living is technology and access to it

Interesting.

Distributed currencies may do to commerce and economies what the printing press did to the spread of information. Is that an overstatement or an understatement? The triple entry ledger seems a revolutionary accounting method. Gutenberg's invention certainly revolutionized information in a way not to be replicated until this past decade.

Truly, the genie is out of the bottle. Forever.

Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 06:34:48 PM

Yeah well the Americans have the vote - so it's their choice. If America wants to fail then it's up to the people of America. The Chinese have no such choice.

It's interesting this concept of democracy. It has failed in every attempt of institution. Why is America any different? People are willfully ignorant everywhere.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 06:36:14 PM

Well, the hidden reason for the UDUDLRLRBABA select start is for the power up.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 06:46:49 PM

I think people love to use the word "war."  I really don't want this to be a war or think this is a war.  It may be very important, but I don't want people on either side to die and thats usually a big part of wars.

gene (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 06:50:33 PM

It's interesting this concept of democracy. It has failed in every attempt of institution. Why is America any different? People are willfully ignorant everywhere.

In the US, democracy has been vigorously undermined at nearly every opportunity. It's no wonder it has failed - it has hardly ever existed to begin with. Also, rulers tend to do their best to maintain people ignorant. The methods being used in the US are the most sophisticated in history.

The hatred of democracy on this board - and by American right-wing libertarians in particluar - comes from corporate propaganda to keep people ignorant of American history. It has succeeded.

I think people love to use the word "war."  I really don't want this to be a war or think this is a war.  It may be very important, but I don't want people on either side to die and thats usually a big part of wars.

The word is used to describe "a state of competition, conflict, or hostility between different people or groups." It certainly applies in the case of economic hostilities which threaten the livelihoods of untold millions - and when people don't have shelter, health care or food, well... they either die or kill to stay alive. It's no joke.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: