Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 02:03:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto-assets can have significant environmental impacts  (Read 260 times)
TheGreatPython

Activity: 2590
Merit: 331

View Profile
October 26, 2022, 06:46:50 PM

Of course it requires energy but the energy that it requires to mine Bitcoin in the world is really little,less than 1% and maybe now even less than that because many people have shut down their rigs because of them becoming unprofitable at the moment.

This news circulates in the media by people who do not love crypto and by doing so they want to scare away new people from coming into crypto but as many people say "You cannot stop an idea whose time has just come" so their tries will continue to go in vain like they have gone up until now.
It was 0.55 percent according to my research. That number look so small but some people are over acting and they think btc is consuming all the power in the world when in fact the factories and other large companies consumes more energy than it and they can emit more pollution which are harmful to the environment but it's surprising that they are hardly been criticize.

I guess those companies gave them some cash and maybe they are expecting the same thing for the crypto miners? This issue isn't new. Some got successful to shutdown crypto mining but crypto mining is still fully legal on most part of the world. They can not totally stop it.
Grim

Activity: 505
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 28, 2022, 07:27:56 AM

Has nobody ever heard about photo synthesis ...

Also does nobody know what a greenhouse does/is ...

Yes I am all for reducing environmental pollution but blaming CO2 that is exhaled by humans and animals (also methane) is the beginning of taxing humans ... it is an agenda AGAINST LIFE itself.

Since cryptos are anti establishment/system it is an absolute necessity to run it, and by far not only for that reason ...
PoW has its own right/advantages/security over other consensus algorithm and therefore it is a crucial part for humans to let it run.

Nothing in the world upholds financial-freedom louder than cryptos do, your kids and grand kids can thank this generation for this crucial foresight.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: