[2022-10-24] Six armed men tried to steal Bitcoin inside Blocknance Bitcoin ATM

(1/3) > >>

breaktime:
Six armed suspects attempted to rob 3 Bitcoin ATM  inside of Blocknance offices  in Puntacana, Dominican Republic .The suspects fired several shots at one of the Bitcoin ATMs  , damaged totally the ATM but the suspects failed to steal any bitcoin inside of the ATM.
We are in 2022 and some people think they  can steal bitcoin inside of  a bitcoin ATM.

Foxpup:

NeuroticFish:
Quote from: breaktime on October 24, 2022, 05:53:31 AM

The suspects fired several shots at one of the Bitcoin ATMs  , damaged totally the ATM

They probably asked the ATM to surrender, but probably the machine didn't understand that command ;D

Quote from: breaktime on October 24, 2022, 05:53:31 AM

We are in 2022 and some people think they  can steal bitcoin inside of  a bitcoin ATM.

Of course. Haven't you read the news? This is how the bitcoins looks like:

Any chance they were actually targeting the fiat that should be in the ATMs?

PS. You may want to add the source of the news.

coolcoinz:
Quote from: NeuroticFish on October 24, 2022, 06:31:07 AM

That was my first thought as well.

Most ATMs have cash inside and there are even sites where you can check how much they have, so that you don't go to withdraw from an almost empty one. A local physical exchange operator that I used to go to allows you to send them a transaction and choose the ATM you want to withdraw from and updates the cash status of each ATM at least once per hour.

I've heard in the news that there's a wave of ATM attacks and the most of them occurs in Germany and The Netherlands, but unlike these guys, the EU gang uses explosives and targets fiat ATMs.

bbc.reporter:
Quote from: NeuroticFish on October 24, 2022, 06:31:07 AM

It is quite a certainty that they were targetting anything they can find that has value in those ATMs. However, it would also be quite funny if those armed men thought that bitcoins are real coins and that they can steal them physically hehehehe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page