Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:47:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is centralized, can we trust it anymore?  (Read 327 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 14, 2022, 01:01:50 AM

It's up to you, if you don't care about privacy issues then you can count on it. I trust and invest in ethereum for the profit it brings, so I won't see anything wrong with ethereum. The move to ethereum's POS is a must because there is no way to solve its problems like gas fees and scalability if it doesn't move to POS and can't reduce gas fees, I think people will also leave it soon and choose other blockchains. So it doesn't matter whether it becomes more centralized or not.

Honestly, people investing in cryptocurrencies today are more concerned with profits than privacy. If you want anonymity we have bitcoin, even if eth is decentralized it cant compete with bitcoin.

Most people view Ethereum as an investment tool (not a currency). They wouldn't care if it becomes heavily centralized as long as their pockets are filled with money. Only a very small minority actually care about decentralization, as they're true believers of the technology underpinning ETH. As long as money talks, don't expect things to get better anytime soon.

At least, Vitalik proposed a roadmap to help tackle the issues of centralization surrounding the Blockchain. I'm hopeful ETH will become more decentralized with subsequent network upgrades. Despite becoming less-decentralized with PoS, it's still a far better option than heavily centralized coins such as XRP, BNB, or Solana. I don't think ETH's position on the market will change just because it lost some decentralization after the upgrade. Who knows if it lives alongside BTC for generations? Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1337

View Profile
November 15, 2022, 04:20:05 AM

I see no problem investing in ETH to be honest, ETH is still in the lead, IMO. As long as you will use it, I don't know why you would be worried in the first place because it will not affect us as users.

Same here, ETH market is pretty solid and it has liquidity.  We don't need to be seriously attached to a cryptocurrency so whether it is centralized or not, as long as it will give us profit, why not take the opportunity to earn from it.  Meaning, if we find the ETH market profitable, why not take advantage of it.  We are just buying it to sell in higher price anyway.
If you only care about the profits what you say makes sense, but things are never that simple, just take a look at what it is happening with coins which were centralized like Luna and FTT, and even if ethereum has way more trust supporting it and it is nowhere near as vulnerable as those two tokens, the fact that it has become centralized means that it can be more easily manipulated and as such a collapse like that is not out of the question during the next decades, and if you are invested in ethereum at the time your losses could be very high.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: