Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:28:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recent event: Stay away from centralized exchanges (FTX, Binance, etc), use DEX  (Read 254 times)
TommieSang

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2022, 02:14:19 PM

There are different situations here, I guess. First, if you're not buying bitcoins for trading, but for storage, then you'll want to put them in a hardware wallet. Second, if you're trading, put it on an exchange. I trust Biance at the moment. I believe it's still safe.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3833

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 10, 2022, 05:13:47 PM

Most of the time, my coins will be stored in the wallets of decentralized exchanges, such as METAMSAK.

1. MetaMask isn't an exchange, nor is it decentralized. It's just open-source(which is totally fine)
2. You can't really store funds on a decentralized exchange like how you'd store funds on a centralized exchange

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kingkongs

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 10, 2022, 07:26:04 PM

This should be a welcome development to crypto newbies and existing customers, Centralized exchanges ain't really the best way to do things and store your coin, as a matter of fact, I always tell people, buy and sell Within some days, if you must hold, then let it be on your wallet and not on centralized exchanges. Honestly I'm not a fan of Centralization , There's just so much toxicity I'm them
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2002
Merit: 912

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2022, 12:39:46 AM

I doubt that, no one saw this FTX crash coming and thanks to CZ for letting the whole thing out if not it would be much worse later. I believe that such incident will keep happening, it's not the first time and it won't be the last.

Also this is a perfect time for such a crash since we are already in a bear market, tell me, is there any bear market in the past with good news? It's always full of bad news.

Dex exchanges are not 100% safe as well but they are better than Centralised exchanges, now even Binance exchange is not safe because it's also a centralised exchange, I believe that's why CZ planned the whole SAFU Fund, he knew something could go wrong.

Well you kinda true but if this keep happening we as "customer" will be not feel safe right to do transaction in centralized exchange

and second is not true I actually find a bunch of good news this, was the recent one MiCa Legislation Good news for crypto player in Europe Good News project to accept bitcoin Goldman Sachs and MSCI Are Working on A Crypto Classification System

but CZ is far that i know is really fight with their SAFU Fund to keep centralized exchange look good especially binance

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
November 13, 2022, 03:59:09 PM

What's funny is that this event was a repeat of history — sort of like MtGox v2; whereas FTX, an exchange that people trusted a lot(just like people had heavy trust on MtGox back then), ended up having insolvency problems(presumably, things still aren't 100% clear) in the end.

This problem has been around for many years. I have never trusted centralized exchanges. The centralized exchange is just a channel for me to realize my cash. Most of the time, my coins will be stored in the wallets of decentralized exchanges, such as METAMSAK. FTT just told us once again, hurry up and leave, stop playing contracts, leverage. The result is only bankruptcy, and I'm talking about our own assets.

Same here. Usually I just transfer funds from my non-custodial wallet to Binance for the purpose of converting token to stablecoin via spot trading and to fiat through P2P. Yes, it’s just a channel for me to cash out my cryptos.

There’s no way I could trust these CEXs in storing my assets, not even the juggernaut named Binance. DEXs however have some flaws like delay of transactions and higher trading/swapping fees.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█