Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:03:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralization of ATM's/ Cash dispensaries  (Read 102 times)
Joethereum (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2022, 06:54:31 PM

We came a long way in decentralizing all aspects of banking, like we can write smart contracts to pay interest, we can do loans and borrow money and trade shitcoinA for shitcoinB with anyone without intermidary

Weather it be good or not but what we havent done is the decentralization of cashing out crypto.
yes there are bitcoin ATM's and we can use centralized exchanges to cash out aslong as they dont go bust but this really limits us, because we all need cash and if its just to throw it at strippers, because really everything else i can pay with crypto when using some 3rd party, but the cash part is still totally centralized.

So if elon Musk can send satelites into space so everyone can have internet, why cant he put up cash boxes where people can withdraw money with crypto(pay through metamask electrum etc..)

and you dont need to have a bankaccoutn.

If elon Musk were to put in every major city 500 - 1000 of these "cash Boxes" he could do that in every city around the world and can refill on his own for the next 200 years - without having to cash in the crypto he got for selling cash. (Numbers are obviously made up)
we have vending machines for everything, for gold, watches, cigarrettes vapes, even meat and groceries where I live, but why not for cash?

And even if elon musk isnt filling up all cash boxes themself, we can decentralize them, everyone gets a share of crypto that where taken in for the % amount of cash that was supplied.
So everyone can cash his paycheck take x amount of it and put it in a cash box and when someone else needs cash they pay with crypto which goes to the guy that supplied fiat for the cashbox.

Therefore we can decentralize banking and cashing out and noone would be dependent on banks.
Cause you dont need an ID to cash out, you pay with crypto for cash, if you have no crypto you get no cash.

And lets say for every dollar you cash out you pay in total 1.05 to 07% in crypto, things like that can be worked out
But the idea is to decentralize cash dispensary.

An uber for fiat/cash money

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
November 21, 2022, 08:01:46 PM

the problem with cash ATMs and bitcoin ATM for cash. is the cost

banks doing straingh fiat account to cash ATM cover costs becasue most ATMs are in the walls of the bank branch thus repairing, refilling ATM is part of bank salary expenditure

but maintaining a bitcoin ATM comes at a cost.. because they are independent
they dont have a service in that town that has employees that as part of their main duties they are paid for . is to also quickly refill a ATM within their salary of other duties

even refilling an ATM comes at a cost. as does the physical material construction of an ATM and its repairs..
which passes onto its users who request to convert BTC to fiat. which puts the exchange rate at a premium

many complain about the premium and end up avoiding bitcoin atms and thus less using it = more premiums per less users to cover costs.. causing a snowball effect

firstly bitcoin needs to be widely used in a location to warrent the need of a bitcoin atm where enough users will use the bitcoin atm to dilute the premiun per user

the less users the higher the premium
the more users the lower the premium

so bitcoin ATM cant just be put in places like having 500 ATMs in one city

because a city of say 2m with a 5% bitcoiner usage is 100k then if there are 500 bitcoin atms thats a 200 users per bitcoin atm
which if they are only using it once a month like receiving salary thats only 200 uses a month

if it costs $50 to maintain a bitcoin ATM per day ($1500) it equates if you average out all physical costs of hardware, refilling and maintenance
then thats a cost of  $7.50 per ATM use

no one likes to or wants to pay $7.50 per atm use
im in the UK we get free atm use with fiat banks and £1 for private fiat ATM

i avoid fiat private ATM and i would definitely not use one that charges me £6.35($7.50)

to get those costs down. there needs more bitcoin usage in a city. where by it can dilute the cost per user down to insignificant amounts. then a Bitcoin ATM would be sustainable to be put into a location.

some will reply i expect that in one town have all bitcoin ATM maintained by 1 guy to dilute the premium.. but.. thats then not decentralisation if one guys owns all ATM's and controls that towns market rate and BTC reserve

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: