Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:36:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Generate the Best Private Key going Forward - HW USB Random Gen  (Read 130 times)
btc-room101 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2022, 01:44:13 PM

#here /dev/random uses the onerng usb random generator to get the seed
e=$(cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail)
h=$( head -c $e /dev/random | sha3sum -b -a 256 | awk '{print $1}' ); echo $h
echo '/dev/random from onerng'

ok, here assumes you have a ONERNG-USB ($40USD) or equiv plugged into a linux hw box

Note here in bash ( if u can't read bash then go away ), where is is the N, of significant non-recurring random bits from device normal should be about 3k but so what we only need 256 bits for a key ( private bit coin key )

Here 'h' is the key, note that where 'e' gets the Number of entropy, we only clip off that top N for the 'hash'

Note I'm NOT using sha256, I'm using keccak 3, which is RUSSIA, sha256 & ecdlp-256kp1 are NSA all 100% of bitcoin is NSA, which means they have back doors

So by not using SHA to has the random bits, you ensure that NSA can't backdoor your generated addresses ( know this in stone bitches )

The problem is that all random number generation on linux dist are now compromised;

Sure the HW USB device is simple, an avalanche diode an A2D convert and a FTDI chip, if you buy know HW if there is CPU then your are FUCKED; KISS folks, keep it simple stupid

There is tons of software on linux to measure 'entropy' of your device, certainly your generated device should generate 10x non-recurring entropy over target.

I will say one last time, KECCAK-512-3 is RUSSIAN the Sha256 which is based on BTC is NSA, like ECDLP256kp1 all are NSA

Not since 1950's has NSA ever released or mandated an ALGO, where they did not have backdoor KEYS, FACT

ENJOY; Using electrum or any wallet, and preferrably you should be running your own private electrum-server for anonymity, you can import your key and gen addressses and do as you wish;

If you don't understand the above, then find a mentor, but for gods sake don't use 3rd party software and don't use this shit while your connected online, its assumed your using a disconnected dinosaur computer with no access to internet

regarding your HW avalanche diode device, this is the kind of stuff we made when we were 8 years old in the day electronics, certainly if you don't roll your own, if you can't read a schematic, if you don't know for sure that your device is not compromised, then you are fucked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btc-room101 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2022, 12:23:40 AM

In general I would always generate my own keys and NEVER use 3rd party sw, its just too easy on linux on one command line to generate a real good key that your certain that nobody on earth knows other than you.

But, HW random number generators have better uses than generating private keys for new wallets, the best use is as seed generators for finding ( hacking ) lost bitcoins

There are 300M used bitcoin addresses,  you put them into a 8gb bloom filter and on a GPU card you can do 1 billion cycles per second,, so that 8* 10**18 , so you want to make sure your seed is really random while on the hunt; now that is a use for hw random generators such as these devices

I'm fond of RNGONE from czech found on ebay and/or amazon back pre-CONVID

https://github.com/room101-dev/Grand-Ultimate-BTC-Hacker
bkelly13

Activity: 63
Merit: 33

View Profile
November 13, 2022, 02:14:59 AM

Flip a coin 256 times to make a binary number.  There is your private key.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: