Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:12:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guides for using Bisq  (Read 835 times)
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2022, 07:44:05 PM

What about....
Fuck it. Let's just pull a request, and setup an entire decentralized marketplace right now.  Grin
Not a bad idea; people could even buy a very specific product that the Bitcoin seller wants, for fiat money and exchange that for Bitcoin.
I just chose cigarette packs a bit as a joke, due to being used as currency in prisons.. ^^

Historically, societies have been very creative in finding ways to transfer value, physically.
What about 'grams of gold' <> BTC as a trade pair for Bisq?
So you actually sent a merge request for this (CIG) List Cigarettes?  Cheesy
Instead of Gold I would rather think about grams of Silver, it is cheaper, easier to find/divide and it has longer history as being used for payments.
I've got to disappoint; neither do I own the GitHub 'n0nce' username, nor could I open a GitHub issue with a custom number of #21000.. Wink Just a bit of HTML trickery.

Silver sounds like a pretty good idea; it can even be bought (for cash or with card) and sold, in virtually any city easily. Need a way of shipping it though (more personal data?). Or face-to-face, of course.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
November 14, 2022, 08:30:24 PM

What about....
You almost fooled me if not for the #21,000.

Sure, but I'd rather go with trusted buyers only, and that worsens the occasion.
Given that Bisq doesn't use a full reputation system, then that would be difficult. Although nothing stopping you from only accepting cash trades from users you have already done non-cash trades with and have a good local reputation score.

I am doing that all the time, but in best cases I am getting answers they lost all money in crypto investing in some shitcoins crap.
In worst cases they think it's all a scam or they never heard anything about Bitcoin.
In those cases, I just politely inform the merchant I'll take my bitcoin business elsewhere, and if they would like to secure my business in the future then to consider accepting bitcoin. Don't need to be pushy about it - just let them know a demand exists and move on.

Or face-to-face, of course.
Bad idea. Easy to fake and difficult to verify for the average person.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: