Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:52:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting about new miner  (Read 262 times)
Nennan (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 06:10:42 AM

raptor3um is plagiarised. The source code is from my repo but the binaries don't match the source, do not trust them.

You are talking about this one? https://github.com/Raptor3um/cpuminer-opt
Well, code is changed because they added whole GhostRider algo logic.

If you are defending plagiarism you are not to be trusted.

Wait, what?
So, let me get this straight
1. Your fork of cpuminer-multi with changes is OK
2. Fork of cpuminer-gr (which is a fork of cpuminer-opt) that changes colors of prints and stays open source is OK - cpuminer-gr fork that I mentioned before

but!
Fork of cpuminer-opt that adds another algo is not ok?

How is that logical? Your logic also makes you a plagiarist of cpuminer-multi in that case as well.
If you say that forking GPL code and adhering to GPL license (staying open source) is bad, I have a lot of questions in that case
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
miner29

Activity: 1262
Merit: 138

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 02:25:27 PM

New miner posted, no ban.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5422586.0
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 04:19:14 PM

raptor3um is plagiarised. The source code is from my repo but the binaries don't match the source, do not trust them.
So, let me get this straight

You've gotten nothing straight.

Nennan (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 06:50:59 PM

Aaaa, you mean the problem is that they put binaries from the dev repo (https://github.com/npq7721/cpuminer-gr) into raptoreum repo withoud doing PR of the code.
I always used npq7721 as it was the one linked long time ago so did not notice the change now.
bitminer9000

Activity: 37
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 07:49:38 PM

All I see is bullshit claims without any evidence. Where is this elusive miner? It's not recommended my Raptoreum as was claimed.
Where is the Ghostrider ARM support? Where's the KNL code? Where did Wolf vouch for him?

It's no wonder he got banned if he even exists.

To OP, this is not how to introduce yourself as a credible dev. You have a newbie account regardless of any claims of experience.
If you want to be taken seriously show some of your work or references that can be verified. However, your obsession with being
banned suggests you have questionable motives.

Did you ever release a miner with raptoreum support? so how would the binaries match your repo? I don't even understand you right now.

The source code for the wyvern miner is on github where is has always been. There is a link to it on the main raptoreum page.
The miner with arm support is also on github where it always has been. It's literally in delgons github.
I'm not going to link it cause you will probably start throwing your weight around calling it "bs" and try to get me banned.

It's pretty sad that you attacked another developer with out even knowing who he is.

I never said wolf vouched for him. I said i've seen wolf call it delgons miner. For example in discord chat.

I'm sure what else you want. It seems you know everything about these miners even thou I never seen you release anything for raptoreum or pop your head into the raptoreum discord.
I've seen tri, ausminer, delgon and sech1 in there, you know the people who actually made miners with raptoreum support.

Are you even the real jayddee, your account is from 2020 like 2 years ago, seems very suspicious.
not sure how your account is only 2 years old, even mine is from 2013.
maybe your just always late to the party considering you dont even know where the wyrven miner source code is.
its not cool to throw your weight around and say plagiarism on something you obviously have no clue about.
JayDDee

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 09:19:38 PM

The source code for the wyvern miner is on github where is has always been. There is a link to it on the main raptoreum page.
The miner with arm support is also on github where it always has been. It's literally in delgons github.
I'm not going to link it cause you will probably start throwing your weight around calling it "bs" and try to get me banned.

You're playing a shell game, put up or shut up. Repeating bull shit over and over doesn't make it true.

And who the fuck are you? Rudy Giuliani?

Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1786

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 09:26:36 PM

I have just checked out his post and it contains mega links. Most people attempting to spread malware use mega links. Why didn't he use a direct link from the GitHub repository?

So he should create new account, isnt that like ban evasion or whatever if he was already banned? How is that different from what he already did from sending mail to bitcointalk ppl? so they never read their mails and thats why he should post in forum where they actually read stuff?
It's allowed. It only becomes ban evasion when he uses the new account to post outside the appeal thread in Meta.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
decodx

Activity: 1428
Merit: 929

🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 10:25:25 PM

So he should create new account, isnt that like ban evasion or whatever if he was already banned? How is that different from what he already did from sending mail to bitcointalk ppl? so they never read their mails and thats why he should post in forum where they actually read stuff?

You never said he "sent mail to bitcointalk ppl", and how do you know that no one responded?

All I'm saying is, if you want a public discussion about why your (his) account was banned, posting in the Meta section would be the best place to go. The ban evasion rule applies only if you post in sections and threads other than a specific one in the Meta section.

Fork of cpuminer-opt that adds another algo is not ok?

How is that logical? Your logic also makes you a plagiarist of cpuminer-multi in that case as well.
If you say that forking GPL code and adhering to GPL license (staying open source) is bad, I have a lot of questions in that case

If it's "just" a fork of GPL code then why didn't he release the full source and post his git repo? Why only binaries?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JayDDee

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 11:49:43 PM

Aaaa, you mean the problem is that they put binaries from the dev repo (https://github.com/npq7721/cpuminer-gr) into raptoreum repo withoud doing PR of the code.
I always used npq7721 as it was the one linked long time ago so did not notice the change now.

Aaaa, that's a BIG problem and why it's plagiarism. Any binaries posted should be built with the same source code so it's reproducible.
If you consider yourself a credible developper you should already have known that.

There's no ARM code there either. cpuminer-multi already supported Cryptonight and X16R and ARM so it's no big deal
to put them together to get Ghostrider support on ARM. The only ARM specific code in the source came from my fork which
had leftover code from my forking of cpuminer-multi. So it might compile on ARM but it's essentially unoptimised.
Some of my optimisations for X86_64 may have been imported but won't work on ARM.

Nennan (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2022, 12:58:36 AM

Like I said, ARM support was in delgon cpuminer-gr repo. It had some changes so it compiled fine on ARM, not like improvements, more like compatibility.
I also never even noticed raptoreum github had cpuminer repo it was never linked anywhere so I did not scan every single repo they had on their GitHub account. All links on the site and given to ppl on discord were from the dev repo in the beginning. After some time they were switched to Wyvern repo with current cpuminer-gr-avx2
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 23, 2022, 08:47:54 AM

Hello,
```
I want to post here but if legit devs are being banned without any explanation or info about it, it is kinda discouraging xD
See how developers design their themes with miners.
Team Black Miner (Ethereum POW ETC Vertcoin Ravencoin Zilliqa)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5358334.0
 Miners are afraid to download new files, so it is better to integrate your product into mining operating systems, such as Hive OS.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██