Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:20:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kano and his dirty games  (Read 416 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
citb0in (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 650

Bitcoin g33k

View Profile
December 03, 2022, 03:52:51 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2022, 11:11:17 AM by citb0in

Originated from following thread on [page 2244]
Re: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2433 blocks

Pictures say more than a thousand words. Here are the screenshots of the thread progress.

That's again once more typical Kano, he obviously can't take criticism, especially when he is exposed in the process and it is made public. He deleted the post and hope that no one has read it. But so that users do not fall for his dirty games and are abused, this incident hereby is made public to provide proper clarification. Interested parties can investigate and check everything themselves and make sure of it. The following post was deleted by Kano, because he apparently did not like it. Who is surprised?

Quote from: citboin
On any pool you connect to they know your IP address.
You can't connect to a pool without using the internet

Of course.

When a user connects to the SoloCK pool to mine, the pool operator knows his IP address and the payout address he uses. That's all.

If a user connects to the Kano pool to mine there, then the pool operator knows the IP address, his used payout address, his email address and in case this user also uses Kanos' Discord server, smart Kano also knows the direct mapping from Discord username to Kano pool username.

This is called metadata, which you can easily do without.

Secondly, as I have already pointed out to you before, yes you can connect to discord without giving me a discord key. It is NOT MANDATORY, you are wrong. There are people on there in my channel all the time who don't have a role, who have been connected for a very long time. Edit: 8 at the moment and I'm pretty sure most of those 8 have been connected all year, if not longer. Please go learn a bit about how discord works.

Don't overload people with false information. Everyone is free to find out and look up what Discord roles are all about. Roles were not designed to create fancy colors over nicknames, but they are there to assign rights and privilege management. For example, to enable such great features as AutoKick, AutoBan and many more...

The people who use Discord every day and use other servers than yours know very well how roles work. They also know that you are usually not forced to reveal additional private information in order to participate in the server. Some servers deliberately want to prevent spam abuse and the like and perform cell phone verification, but that's a different story altogether, but it has one thing in common with your approach: the direct mapping and linking of your users' meta-data. If you really want to assign roles, you could also use automatic role assignment for that, as many Discord servers usually do.

I encourage people to get a role to avoid problems, that might happen.
Bullshit. There is no justification that any problems falling from the sky will occur. This is just another ridiculous claim on your part, behind the veils of which you try to hide your actions.

It's not mandatory and I have never said it is.
Not sure why you are spouting that.
The exact words on the web site are:

"You should get the Discord 'Miner' role, as explained further down,
to help stay connected and remove the 10 minute delay."

You as the operator of your Discord server do not allow new Discord users to stay on your server unhindered for a longer period of time. You or your few disciples, whom you have exposed and trained on it, thereby address every single newcomer on your server to absolutely carry out the Discord ID verification. In doing so, you refer to the pinned message at https://kano.is/index.php?k=support in which you write among other things:

Discord

The main support for KanoPool is on Discord.
You can use the Discord invite: Discord to access the support channel.
There's a 10 minute delay after you join the channel, before you can post messages in Discord. Make sure you stay connected otherwise you will timeout.

You should get the Discord 'Miner' role, as explained further down, to help stay connected and remove the 10 minute delay.

Note with Discord, if you don't have a role in the channel, you must always be connected to the channel to interact with others. If you timeout or disconnect, people can not send you messages, and I cannot give you the Discord 'Miner' role when you aren't connected.

To get the Discord 'Miner' role, firstly, make sure your account here at KanoPool is verified, if you haven't already verified it, at Account->Verify, then create a 'Discord Key' on the Account->User Settings page. In Discord, just tell me the 'Discord Key'. I don't need to know your pool username, and it can be different to your Discord name.
Make sure you created the 'Discord Key' just before you tell me. It can't be more than a day old when I check it. Everyone has a different 'Discord Key'.

You try to tricks your users with such phrases as: "just tell me the 'Discord Key'. I don't need to know your pool username" knowing that you will immediately know which user on your pool generated this ID by the transmitted Discord ID.
Don't continue to make a fool of yourself. The users who use Discord know very well how Discord works, they are after all daily on other servers and know the requirements and functionalities. There are several users reading here who have already gone through the registration procedure on your pool and also its one on Discord. They know very well to distinguish truths from untruths. You can no longer blind them either way. It doesn't change anything trying to rub salt in people's eyes.

Any site, every pool, you connect to knows your IP address and thus will always know your username vs your IP address.
If you don't want the pool to know where you are, you take the VERY SIMPLE AND EASY steps of using a VPN to access the web site and discord.

Mining, however, like every other pool on the planet, should never be done using Tor or a VPN coz you greatly increase the risk of losing a block due to being an orphan or stale.
Indeed if you must use a VPN, then mine somewhere else, I'm positive everyone else on the pool would not be happy about losing a block coz someone doesn't understand how bad an idea that is.

OT

Edit: yes I've deleted your reply - facts - or I delete it.
But that's what you've done. You deleted the facts. Congrats! But no worries. I have archived them here so everyone can read them.

You seem to be upset about that fact that I pointed out how you are publicly posting people's BTC address and transaction.
Well, that's what you do, so ... yeah that's how it is.

Both Willi9974 and I post publicly for our runs the transaction IDs and also the desired payout addresses of the participants. This is obviously stated in the declaration, the participants know this and do it. This is for TRUST. And for a valid reason:

Precisely so that everyone can publicly check in the blockchain whether these transactions ever took place or were faked. Everyone can look up which payment took place when exactly and to where. Both deposits and withdrawals. All in the spirit of the blockchain and pseudonimity.

Unlike you, we have nothing to hide and communicate OPENLY and HONESTLY with the participants.

In the following you see the list of participants of your last 13 Fun Runs which you advertise on your discord server. I can recommend every reader here to download the screenshots and look at them one after the other in his viewing program of choice to see clearly the differences between the screenshots. Why? Because every blind person will discover and understand that they are one and the same user and if the list is not even full it will be completed with fantasy names. Whoever sends you money, I don't want to know where it ends up and what is done with it. I can't either, because no one can verify that. Simply because you do not make it public.

Someone who deletes something or tries to make it opaque has something to hide.

This lousy move once again confirms Kano's character. Don't let him fool you.

For the records...

_      _   _       __  _          _  _   __
 |_) |  / \|/   (_  / \ | \  / |_ |_) (_ 
 |_) |_ \_/ \_ |\   __) \_/ |_ \/  |_ | \ __)
--> citb0in Solo-Mining Group <--- low stake of only 0.001 BTC. We regularly rent about 5 PH/s hash power and direct it to SoloCK pool. Wanna know more? Read through the link and JOIN NOW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 6311

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
December 03, 2022, 10:10:23 PM
Merited by NeuroticFish (1), NotFuzzyWarm (1)

I don't really want to participate in this debate, but I think what you quoted regarding discord is more of lack of knowledge than evil intentions, Kano is the type of person who thinks he knows everything and that he is always right, he probably thinks whatever information he has regarding how discord works is unquestionable, it will be pretty hard for him to accept that he was wrong about it even if discord folks themselves tell him that he is. Cheesy

However, regardless of his attitude and the "unfriendly character", I highly doubt he was/is trying to map users' info or trick anyone, I also think it's extremely unlikely that he would steal users' funds and not actually do those solo runs, generally, I think he is a genuine person who isn't easy to blend in with.

And by the way, I don't know anything about how discord works, I only used it a couple of times, and honestly, I think it's retard. Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
citb0in (OP)

Bitcoin g33k

View Profile
December 04, 2022, 08:15:33 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2022, 04:52:40 PM by citb0in

I don't claim that Kano is ripping people off from fun runs and keeping the money for himself. The deleted screenshots and posts show Kanos' procedures very accurately, and how non-transparent everything is. It is about the fact that Kano incessantly badmouths others to be able to present himself better, which of course does not work, because the people are not stupid. And this always under a pretext! A common and here in the forum often occurring of his procedures are that he constantly attacks other pool operators because of the word "anonymity", although he himself does everything possible to break anonymity with his forced methods.

Someone who protests against anonymity, but does the opposite himself, seems to suffer from a serious psychotic disorder.

Someone who badmouths transparency and pseudonimity and avoids them like the devil avoids holy water obviously suffers disadvantages from them.

Someone who tries to deflect to other topics, tries to put salt in people's eyes, or even deletes posts as happened here, obviously has something to hide.

Fortunately, the system cleans itself. People are not stupid.

EDIT: I will not stop posting all messages here, that Kano deletes in his thread...

Yeah you have already made claims I'm ripping people off.
you can bend and break, no matter how hard you try to twist facts, it doesn't change the facts. My sentence was:
Whoever sends you money, I don't want to know where it ends up and what is done with it. I can't either, because no one can verify that.

Odd you say that since the blockchain shows exactly what happened.
But it doesn't assign a username to it, and I don't even know which it is.
Only Wiggie knows who's transaction/address each one belongs to,
and the users in discord will see their name there in the list and check they're part of the next run.
When we find a block, I simply divide the 99.5% of the total block reward among the 10 addresses the winners want, when that happens.

All incoming BTC goes to a fuckhash address, and at the end of each run I post a simple PPS calc to see how good the difficulty of shares we got was, since that is what we are paying for.
You're the same, you get them to send to a similarly listed address also, that is supposed to be fuckhash.
We simply don't publish, in public for everyone to see, the link from username to address+transaction.
The people involved can see each of their own and see themselves in the run list.
All very clear and simple. But since you can't do that, it seems you want to claim doxing usernames is necessary.
A TXID and a Bitcoin address are not sensitive private data like "name, birthday, place of residence, credit card number, phone number, etc.". Everyone who is active in the Bitcoin network knows this. And it is also known that the blockchain is publicly viewable. Equally also known is the risk of traceability of a bitcoin address if you use the same bitcoin address multiple times. Danger in the sense that if a linking (even at a later time) to a particular person should be possible, one can establish all references. If you don't care about that, you can use one and the same Bitcoin address several times for reasons of convenience (which is generally not recommended). The bottom line is that the Bitcoin network is pseudonymous, not anonymous. If someone participates in the network, it assumes that they know about the network and how it works.

By the way, we don't post everyone's transaction and bitcoin address publicly - coz that indeed would be Masks off for everyone involved.
That's just a PM to the person running it, but we do list each discord username involved to show how full each run is Smiley

Unlike you, we deliberately and intentionally display all deposits/withdrawals for our group-based activities, the solo-mining runs. So that everyone can publicly understand what is going on behind the scenes. Everyone can check payments or withdrawals, payouts, that were made in the past or will be made in the future. This thing is clearly and unambiguously stated in the description of the runs and no one is forced to participate. There is no reason to hide any information in group-based activities like soch solo-mining runs.

The difference between you and us is that we do not criticize other people's actions in order to put ourselves in a better light. Especially not with deceptive statements. This is super lame.
This thing here thrives solely out of your following statement, in which you practice this tactic once again, you are known for it in the forum.

You don't like that I pointed out the lie ck and other pools --SNIP--

I don't give a f*** what personal differences you had or have with CK or other pools. It just once again describes your character and attitude.

I would warn anyone to be wary of citb0in due to a bunch of rather worrying issues:

He has posted a list of solo pools, but when I pointed out that he should include this in his valuation of solo.ckpool he has repeatedly deleted it and ignored it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5237323.msg54405218#msg54405218 It would seem he thinks that people shouldn't know that 'that' solo pool lost a block due to OP negligence, admitted clearly by the OP in that post, and wouldn't payout his part of the full 12.5 BTC block reward (less fee) but only 0.057 BTC to the miner.
You're absolutely wrong. I had overlooked this information but have now discovered it here. Since I see this as valuable information that factually fits in with my thread about the various solo mining pools, I have also included and noted it in the section accordingly. After all, the purpose of the thread is to provide an overview with as much information as possible, so that ultimately each individual can make up their own mind about it. Thanks for the link.

Firstly, he seems to like the idea that I'm gonna die just after someone gets another block, so they wont get their payout Tongue
and if he then e.g. dies in an accident the coins will never find their way to me because they are lying around on his wallet.

Stop deliberately distorting the context and content. You should learn to quote properly by quoting the entire paragraph. And especially not to make false statements: I never mentioned that I like the idea that you're gonna die. Such statements are slander. I strongly urge you to refrain from such false claims and lies in the future !

The paragraph you referred to is:
I would not like to hit a block and have to watch in the blockchain how the reward for my found block would first be paid to Kano (because his payout address is stored and the reward goes to him first) and if he then e.g. dies in an accident the coins will never find their way to me because they are lying around on his wallet. With ViaBTC you wouldn't have to worry about that, even though you can't mine directly with your own address. Because ViaBTC is not a one-man pool and if someone goes down, the store will most likely continue to run because it is a completely different league and dozens of people work there. So I don't want to risk Kano getting my reward and not being able to pay out to me if something would happen to him e.g. him as a person or possibly his pool would be compromised or anything else similarly bad.

He makes odd incorrect comments like this about the solo run:
Strangely enough, Kano also regularly resets his database (KDB) after a run, which resets certain statistical data on his website, Kano says he does this for some maintenance purpose.
No idea where that comment even comes from. Maybe he doesn't understand that a single user can reset their 'Best' (but not their 'Best Ever')
It's simply my impression from watching your Discord server for months. You reset your KDB often, anyone can see that on your Discord server if they read the history in your channels, go ahead and scroll back in history. I mentioned it because it is noticeable. It was about the KDB which is resetted by the pool operator and not about user-side options, which you try to portray that way. A rogue who thinks evil...

It's even more worrying that he doesn't even understand rented hash rate as per this comment:
Strikingly also that the hash rate rented with NH for these Runs fails without exception with each run in the middle or decreases and thereupon Kano constantly explains or defends the circumstance.
since they do always complete - as the share total shows in the end - you don't rent miners on fuckhash, you rent 'hashrate'.
Clearly he doesn't understand how fuckhash works, but that's probably due to the fact that he's stated in the post that wont use them.
Such moronic statements do not in any way corroborate any arguments you are frantically trying to build.

Also making random claims about the pool without giving any proof at all (since it's fake)
Someone had even commented and rumored that Hashrate sent to a pool would be diverted for own purposes, but that would mean a shortcoming for all pools, but I had heard it in connection with this pool which is why I mention it here.
I googled for it and found a posting somewhere on reddit iirc. It deserved my attention, so I mentioned it.

Personally, it seems to me that Kano and wiggie45 work hand-in-hand and some internal deals exist for these solo fun runs.
We're gonna make a fortune with this internal deal on these $100 solo fun runs Cheesy
... that certainly gotta be why I've made it abundantly clear that I wont support bigger runs ... right?

Also noticeable is the cooperation with the users "sidehack" (=GekkoScience Compac F developer) and "419mining" (=distribution of the Compac F), there stinks heavily of surreptitious advertising what you read so.
You mean all that time I spend (except with 1 or 2 miners from sidehack absolutely needed to do the software development) I should be doing some backdoor deals with these guys?
At no point did I claim that you were deliberately ripping people off together with them. I mentioned that it is very noticeable how you work hand-in-hand together. There was never any talk of backdoor deals, which you have now mentioned here for the first time, interesting?

Then these sort of comments which are like - wow - someone is trying hard to think up fake ways to dis the pool ...
Someone who reads my posts will undoubtedly notice that I research thoroughly and call a spade a spade. I write honestly and if there is something good to report, then I report it. And if there is something bad to report, I report it too. Otherwise, I would not have talked openly and honestly positive about few points about you (tech skills, not your soft skills cause you haven't) on my review.

By the way, the thread with my experience report was not created overnight, as you mistakenly try to create the impression here. I would certainly not make the effort in such a short time to conjure up this concentrated information to specifically dis your pool as you write it here, you are not worth it. The thread has existed for several months and is known to the community.

These are all in his supposed evaluation of the pool ...
The thread you mentioned reflects my personal opinion, which you understandably do not like. I have justified my opinions on all points, they do not have to coincide with your feelings. You can delete as many posts here in your own thread as you like, you can only impress yourself, as a narcissist you need that after all. Someone who justifies himself non-stop or tries to justify himself spasmodically, suffers from low self-esteem.

Good luck and all the best.

--> citb0in Solo-Mining Group <--- low stake of only 0.001 BTC. We regularly rent about 5 PH/s hash power and direct it to SoloCK pool. Wanna know more? Read through the link and JOIN NOW
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6129

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2022, 12:38:51 PM

Also, keep in mind Kano [and most or all pools] host their stratum servers and pool servers with other people. Any hosting provider can easily see where and what data is coming in if it's not encrypted and where it's going out to.

You can't hide baldness from your barber and you can't hide the fact that you are running a stratum or pool server on the server you are hosting with someone.

With that in mind, if you pay your barber full price to cut the 5 hairs on your head they don't care any more then most hosting providers care what you are doing on their servers so long as it's not against the law.

But it does cause a bit of a loss of privacy if you are not running your own IP space with your own BGP routers with your own bandwidth in your own racks with your own hardware for servers and so on. And yes I know that is $1000s and $1000s of dollars per month to do. Just making a point that it's not as private or anonymous as you think.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2022, 10:16:03 PM

I don't claim that Kano is ripping people off from fun runs and keeping the money for himself.

I know you weren't directly accusing him of such a thing, but when reading this part of your post

Whoever sends you money, I don't want to know where it ends up and what is done with it. I can't either, because no one can verify that.

It gives people who did not follow the full story of this debate the impression of Kano "might" be doing something else with the money they send him other than running those solo runs, of course, just like you I can't verify where that money goes to, heck even when I participated in Willi's run I didn't even check for how long the run lasted or what was the hashrate, it would be too much work, so for these solo runs, TRUST is everything, it's either you trust the person that runs the run or you don't.

I am on your side in regards to how Kano plays the privacy and anonymity cards and accuses other pools or people who do the runs to be reckless and don't care about users' anonymity, I did explain the pros and cons of using Ckpool vs Kano in respect to anonymity (or more accurately pseudonymity), and I think the same thing applies to your way and Willi's vs Kano's ways.

I mean really, this anonymity shit that many people are obsessed about is just funny, many people think they are Satoshi, and everyone out there is waiting for them to make a mistake so they can figure out their identity, Cheesy , of course, I am not saying you should KYC folks who join solo runs but come on, there is nothing wrong with publicly posting your transaction for that run, using a bold "MASKS OFF" in that statement makes it feel like they are posting their naked photos on the internet to be accepted into a solo run. Cheesy

So my final words, I think you two should stop being at each other's throats, you are doing a good job with your runs, and he is doing a good job with his pool's runs, if anything, you, him, and Willi should have been working together on something fancier that operates the runs.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 7590

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2022, 10:42:24 PM
Merited by mikeywith (4), NeuroticFish (2), ABCbits (2)

So I won’t take sides.

1)We all are going to die=fact.
2) If I give solockpool an address and hit a block it auto dumps to that address.
3) If I give solokano an address and hit a block it auto dumps to kanos address
4) It appears that kanos pool has an extra point of failure due to number 3

Kano is at least 20 years old which means it is unlikely he will live for 100 more years.

100x365= 36500 to 1 shot he dies before the payout is generated.

So if you like kano and want to add that risk to playing you can.

but ck has blown at least two blocks due to programing issues.
and ck has had more stales and orphans per hit block than kano has had.

All small pools have risks.

1) owner and runner could die and coins can be locked.
2) owner could hit a string of blocks and cut and run.

this is true of any small pool.

I mine at lauritia pool and next block hit I am due over 2 coins but we have three miners and a hashrate under 300th.  thats a huge risk.

Kano simply does not need you op.
an the op simply does not need kano.

At op rather than fight and yell and be angry just mine with ck pool.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
CochnocherCrypto

Activity: 43
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 05, 2022, 05:17:55 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2022, 01:14:32 PM by mprep

I do fun runs. I'm not Kano. This is not helpful in any way as far as I can understand. Seems like you just don't like Kano? So how are your personal feelings helpful to anyone?

In fact - I can say, with the utmost honesty and conviction, kano is not on every fun run. I know the indivudual who organizes them, who is also not Kano. I just don't understand the attempt at character defamation. Kano has always been alright with me - and everyone else who participates. So why spread hate?

Sidehack = Good Guy/Good Engineer/Makes high quality products
419Mining = Good Retailer / Pleasure to do business with, always.
Kano = Good Coder.

why is it unusual for these 3 to chat? When I worked at Xerox we went to BNI meetings where we would network with other individuals who we could market products with - thats smart business. You sound paranoid, or like there is a personal grudge here.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged, removed redundant quote of OP]
citb0in (OP)

Bitcoin g33k

View Profile
December 05, 2022, 09:16:45 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2022, 11:42:50 AM by citb0in

@CochnocherCrypto:
please avoid full-quotes and double posts. Remove the full-quote and merge your posts into one single post.

Seems like you just don't like Kano? So how are your personal feelings helpful to anyone?
What I personally think about Kano is no secret. It is also not about my personal feelings, but to warn against Kano's misleading and false illusion-creating statements, especially the newcomers who read along here and whom he tries to deceive with false statements.

By the way, we don't post everyone's transaction and bitcoin address publicly - coz that indeed would be Masks off for everyone involved.

As mikeywith corrected...

using a bold "MASKS OFF" in that statement makes it feel like they are posting their naked photos on the internet to be accepted into a solo run. Cheesy

It bothers him that anyone can publicly view information like usernames, but he is the one who publicly reveals that on his website. This is cognitive dissonance.

I'm not at all sure why you need to publicly post a list of all the current miner usernames on the pool and how that is on topic.
Certainly it would help bots and attackers - so I'd assume that's not your reason.
Please remove it.

The screenshots give an impression of which statistical data and functions are available and to what extent a pool is in demand and many users exist or not.
If you really care about sensitive data of your users (as you obviously deceptively propagate), I can highly recommend you to perform a pseudonimization of the data from the users who use your pool. Put them a mask on, not off. The screenshots shown here can be reproduced and extracted from the pages by anyone, so there is nothing to remove.

In the next step Kano spins it in his Discord server as if I would want to attack his server with any bots or even intend to. Ridiculous. Under this pretext once more, he again exploits his users by asking them for 2FA. I have nothing against 2FA, everyone can decide for himself, but you can see here clearly under which pretext Kano works with his dirty games. What's next, KYC and under which fictitious pretext?

Quote from: kano (on his Discord server)
@everyone: sorry for the alert, bue due to someone on the forum posting the full correct username list and the prick wont remove it (I've contacted the mods about it but it's not removed yet) I will remind people about the issues of using a password here that you've used on another site and also not having 2FA enabled. Clearly he's hoping people get hacked and bots attack the pool (we've had about 6 so far this year) so yeah make sure your account is secure.

Kano should care about privacy of his users and put on masks, not take them off. In particular, do not claim the opposite and then do the opposite. Pointing the finger at others and blaming them for your own gross mistakes shows Kano's character. As a narcissist, he would never admit a mistake in his life, instead he would do everything to blame the mistakes on others.

Here you can see his behavior and how much it needs. Abuses my thread with misleading statements. This is no way to earn friends and certainly no respect and recognition, I see here great lack of self-esteem in his person. He can't stand it when others start similar projects and tries to badmouth the "others" in such a way that just looking at them makes you sick. He does the same with other pools, and so on and so forth. There is no thread about a pool, programmer, miner, or anything else Kano himself is active popping up, in that he dis from the ground up and portrays as disastrous.

Disrespectful behavior is always encouraged when there are no negative consequences to fear. Those who cannot set limits and let disrespectful behavior pass without consequence send a sign of weakness. And this sign leads to the fact that the disrespectfully behaving persons like Kano feel confirmed in their behavior. Kano behaves disrespectfully to many people here in the forum. And in return, these victims do not defend themselves in any way, do not threaten negative consequences, and do not express their displeasure with Kanos' behavior. This ultimately leads to Kano feeling vindicated in his disrespectful behavior. This reinforces Kano in his behavior and leads to the fact that he will continue to show disrespectful behavior towards others in the future.

This is what it's all about. I can only advise and motivate everyone not to submit to such narcissistic arrogant people and put up with everything, no one deserves that. The reason why Kano has developed so is simple, it is the mirror of his soul and his life experiences. That's his way, you can only feel sorry for him.

Powell

Activity: 485
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
December 05, 2022, 03:48:58 PM

I've seen some of your posts and I'd love to know how someone who registered here in 2022, will not buy bitcoin unless it can't be tracked, is interested in brute forcing addresses, etc. has any real idea or outlook into everything mining related.  I see you do hashing rentals but I'm almost willing to bet you've never even had your own miner or setup anything with it.  If you think Kano is some mean person you obviously had never seen some of the other old mining software developers belittling anyone who questioned them over the years.  I don't like replying to post in regards to most with like the CompacF because honestly people are lazy as hell and refuse to read the thread where their questions have already been answered.  So I could completely understand being tired of answering questions, even though technically it is not his job to do so. 

As far as being publicly viewed, having to make a username and sign up isn't "public" as you are trying to make it.  That would be the same as joining an internet forum and dumping user data that's only available once joined.  You have been able to do that with most pools over the years (even if it is just their usernames and not addresses), but again...  You seem to just be insanely butthurt about someone who you honestly have NO fucking clue who they are because well you are new.... 

I've been active here since December 2013, but I don't need the attention like many.  I don't gamble using bitcoin or any of that.  I joined when I started mining, which during my 6-8 months on PPS/PPLNS pools I mined over a 104btc on hardware I personally purchased, configured, maintained, and ran in my own shop.  No renting hashpower hoping to maybe hit a coin.  I have no problem with people like yourself, or anyone else doing hash rentals to hit something solo.  I do personally hope that anyone who does hits a block or two.  But for fuck sakes dude drop your little vendetta and worry about your block solvers group.  Also just because people are Legendary on the forum does not mean they know much about anything.  You can post on shit threads all over and work your way up to it.
citb0in (OP)

Bitcoin g33k

View Profile
December 05, 2022, 04:16:25 PM

I've seen some of your posts and I'd love to know how someone who registered here in 2022, will not buy bitcoin unless it can't be tracked, is interested in brute forcing addresses, etc. has any real idea or outlook into everything mining related.  I see you do hashing rentals but I'm almost willing to bet you've never even had your own miner or setup anything with it.  If you think Kano is some mean person you obviously had never seen some of the other old mining software developers belittling anyone who questioned them over the years.  I don't like replying to post in regards to most with like the CompacF because honestly people are lazy as hell and refuse to read the thread where their questions have already been answered.  So I could completely understand being tired of answering questions, even though technically it is not his job to do so.  

As far as being publicly viewed, having to make a username and sign up isn't "public" as you are trying to make it.  That would be the same as joining an internet forum and dumping user data that's only available once joined.  You have been able to do that with most pools over the years (even if it is just their usernames and not addresses), but again...  You seem to just be insanely butthurt about someone who you honestly have NO fucking clue who they are because well you are new....  

I've been active here since December 2013, but I don't need the attention like many.  I don't gamble using bitcoin or any of that.  I joined when I started mining, which during my 6-8 months on PPS/PPLNS pools I mined over a 104btc on hardware I personally purchased, configured, maintained, and ran in my own shop.  No renting hashpower hoping to maybe hit a coin.  I have no problem with people like yourself, or anyone else doing hash rentals to hit something solo.  I do personally hope that anyone who does hits a block or two.  But for fuck sakes dude drop your little vendetta and worry about your block solvers group.  Also just because people are Legendary on the forum does not mean they know much about anything.  You can post on shit threads all over and work your way up to it.

None of this has anything to do with the matter at hand. Whether I've been on the forum since July or for 13 years, whether I've set up a miner or mined a block, or not. All irrelevant, it does not change what has already been said. If you want to be a hero because you've been here since 2013, mined dozens of BTCs, and ..., then I suggest to hang a medal around your neck and apply to Kano. Then you'll both get something out of it.

Again, I simply don't care if someone has been around and for how long. The fact is that he is being disrespectful and talking down to others. You can't gloss over that just because he's good at what he does. I don't doubt that, I'm convinced of that. It's not for nothing that I gave merit to his pool thread and I explicitly mention it as a plus in my pool review. But that still doesn't give anyone the right to deal with people the way he does.

I am not the one who creates a new pool, posts in Kanos' pool or other pool threads, badmouths that pool to make myself look better. That is what he is doing though. And that I do not put up with it, have also noticed dur, congratulations.

However, thanks for your feedback and sharing your thoughts which I really appreciate.

hZti

Activity: 924
Merit: 642

Magic

View Profile
December 07, 2022, 07:49:57 PM

Can people just stop to fight kano and appreciate the effort he has given to the community when there was no money to earn in the bitcoin world. If you don’t like him just dont use his stuff. Bitcoin would not be possible without people that develope even if those people may not be nice to everyone all the time. There is a reason why you see many old accounts stop posting in the forum.
citb0in (OP)

Bitcoin g33k

View Profile
December 08, 2022, 07:33:55 AM
Merited by hZti (1)

I appreciate his effort he has given to the community in ways of development competence. There is nothing to criticize about his professional qualities either. It is about his god-delusional qualities and disrespect for others and the way he deliberately tries to put others down in order to put himself in some kind of better light. And deleting factual posts that criticize this approach does not make it better, more truthful, or less credible.

Everyone is free to emigrate in case they do not like the head of state. But you can choose to continue to live there and concentrate on the positive points and pick out what suits you (cherry-picking)

n0nce

Activity: 868
Merit: 5808

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2023, 10:46:52 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2023, 11:33:09 PM by n0nce
Merited by NotFuzzyWarm (2)

I appreciate his effort he has given to the community in ways of development competence. There is nothing to criticize about his professional qualities either. It is about his god-delusional qualities and disrespect for others and the way he deliberately tries to put others down in order to put himself in some kind of better light. And deleting factual posts that criticize this approach does not make it better, more truthful, or less credible.
Show some more respect for kano. He's keeping https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer up to date, supporting new hardware like the Compac-F & recently R909, as well as making sure that old hardware still works with the latest releases. He is also adding features to it, all for free.

His pool works fine and has a good fee rate, as well. The pool does find blocks, as shown here: https://kano.is/index.php?k=pblocks

I see no reason to create a thread suggesting he would be playing 'dirty games', just because you have an issue of communication with him.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sledge0001

Activity: 562
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2023, 01:28:29 AM

Kano's version of CGMiner landed me 6.25+BTC with a GekkoScience Compac F USB Miner.

Based on this I would have to say I would greatly appreciate if he'd play that dirty game for me again!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5237323.msg59065494#msg59065494
citb0in (OP)

Bitcoin g33k

View Profile
January 17, 2023, 08:21:12 AM

Show some more respect for kano. He's keeping https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer up to date, supporting new hardware like the Compac-F & recently R909, as well as making sure that old hardware still works with the latest releases. He is also adding features to it, all for free.

First, look at what you've quoted. Second: Respect must be earned, not demanded.

I see no reason to create a thread suggesting he would be playing 'dirty games', just because you have an issue of communication with him.
You clearly haven't understood what this is about and what it refers to. Read it carefully.

Kano's version of CGMiner landed me 6.25+BTC with a GekkoScience Compac F USB Miner.

Based on this I would have to say I would greatly appreciate if he'd play that dirty game for me again!

Like you (as I see in your screenshot) I also use SoloCK pool and the cgminer but in a modified version. My previous statement, which was quoted by your predecessor, still applies here and so does the answer. This is not about his skills and the products and contributions he has developed. It's about his nefarious way of acting, which you yourself have negatively criticized when you sent me a private message where you asked for help to develop your own pool and complained about Kano's brash attitude which you don't agree with. I hope you've made good progress with the development of your pool solopool.com and I'm looking forward to it when it's ready. It will surely be a great addition to the community.

Sledge0001

Activity: 562
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2023, 04:30:18 PM
Merited by NotFuzzyWarm (1)

Like you (as I see in your screenshot) I also use SoloCK pool and the cgminer but in a modified version. My previous statement, which was quoted by your predecessor, still applies here and so does the answer. This is not about his skills and the products and contributions he has developed. It's about his nefarious way of acting, which you yourself have negatively criticized when you sent me a private message where you asked for help to develop your own pool and complained about Kano's brash attitude which you don't agree with. I hope you've made good progress with the development of your pool solopool.com and I'm looking forward to it when it's ready. It will surely be a great addition to the community.

Yes I mentioned in a PM (as well as publicly) that I do think Kano has been needlessly brash on more than several occasions with many in the community particularly when new people post about wanting to experiment or try things that don't align with his views or current standards (if there are such things). I also mentioned personally and maybe publicly that I don't agree with his stance on the use of non-OEM firmware however given his ties back to the coding of CGMiner I can understand his logic given the licensing tied to it. With that said I am still ONLY running OEM firmware on ALL my miners.

So even with all that and his somewhat eternal pessimistic views, I don't feel and wouldn't go so far to say that Kano is playing dirty games as the title of thread reads. I believe that maybe painting an unfair picture and can be read as that he is somehow trying to cheat people. I have 6.25+BTC proof that he is not or certainly not playing dirty with his versions of CGMiner and I am grateful for his work on keeping it up to date. Additionally I do use his Solo pool as a failover as I do CK's pool as well whilst building things out on SoloPool.com on this end.

SoloPool is still way early into its under construction phase (as I have started from the beginning just recently ahem...) with me moving slowly forward at this point since its only myself coding when I can and I have not been able to find the the right individual(s) to work together with to get things coded / built faster. The reading thousands of lines of code between multiple open source pool codes and trying to figure out which parts work and are essential is time consuming. There is no open source turn key pool software that I have found yet that is secure. So.... I guess we'll see if slow and steady wins the race here...  Tongue

citb0in (OP)

Bitcoin g33k

View Profile
January 17, 2023, 04:42:19 PM

I don't feel and wouldn't go so far to say that Kano is playing dirty games as the title of thread reads. I believe that maybe painting an unfair picture and can be read as that he is somehow trying to cheat people.
'dirty games' does not mean 'ripping people off' but what was pointed out in the thread.

I don't claim that Kano is ripping people off from fun runs and keeping the money for himself.

SoloPool is still way early into its under construction phase (as I have started from the beginning just recently ahem...) with me moving slowly forward at this point since its only myself coding when I can and I have not been able to find the the right individual(s) to work together with to get things coded / built faster. The reading thousands of lines of code between multiple open source pool codes and trying to figure out which parts work and are essential is time consuming. There is no open source turn key pool software that I have found yet that is secure. So.... I guess we'll see if slow and steady wins the race here...  Tongue

all beginnings are hard, keep at it and work hard. I keep my fingers crossed for you and am excited about it. It's always nice when alternatives appear even if it will be hard to master this area steadfastly. I keep my fingers crossed for you and all the best.

mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2023, 09:48:06 PM
Merited by NotFuzzyWarm (1)

when you sent me a private message

That is not so nice of you to disclose what went on in a "private message", and ya I know they are not encrypted, some other folks can access and read them, but still, I think it's a terrible idea to make the content of a PM public just to win an argument.

Also, I do agree with n0nce, Kano deserves some respect despite his personality, I think most people who interacted with him know his behavior is one of the worst you can find, things are not much different with CK according to many people (I have not interacted with him well enough to judge), but ya, it seems pretty normal for most of these nerds not to blend in well with people easily. Cheesy, I mean you can't get along with all the different things in life.

Here is a piece of advice from a random online persona, you are doing great stuff in the form and you seem to have a lot of power to move forward, it's too early to pick up fights with forum members, and you are also probably still young and have your ways to go, an old fudge like me can mess around with Kano or anyone else whenever I feel like it because I am done with  Cheesy, but you, should focus on bringing people closer to you, Kano has a good audience base, by keeping this "fight" going, you are just losing more people, sometimes the best way to win an argument is to back off, I have had a dozen of arguments with Kano over the years, none led to anywhere, some brought up some good technical discussion, but in general it was all just a waste of keyboard strokes and a waste of some bytes in the forum's server for the good part of it.

I think you should give Kano a pass, and focus on the good work you do.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
citb0in (OP)

Bitcoin g33k

View Profile
January 18, 2023, 06:17:26 AM

I think you should give Kano a pass, and focus on the good work you do.

fully agree Smiley thanks for your feedback.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: