Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:35:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Course for your Bitcoin Lesson | Babypips' School of Crypto  (Read 111 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitDane (OP)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2022, 10:50:32 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2022, 05:37:22 AM by BitDane
Merited by MAAManda (1)

While browsing the site looking for an answer to one of the question on the mining board, I stumble a course created in Babypips.com that is so simple and easy to understand.  I know many of our fellow member here are highly motivated to teach their friends and relatives about bitcoin so I think the importance of sharing this Bitcoin course to you. The course titled School of Crypto and the course layout is of the following:

Course Table of content:

School of Crypto  
a Cryptocurrency course by Babypips.com

Introduction
Learn what a cryptocurrency is and what makes it special. You'll also meet your friendly guide who will explain their approach to teaching crypto.

• What is a Cryptocurrency?
      What is a cryptocurrency? How are they different from traditional currencies? What makes them so special?
  • Crypto As A New Asset Class
      Cryptocurrencies are now seen as financial assets that can be held as alternative investments. Learn why many consider crypto as a brand new asset class.
  • Meet Toshi Moshi
      Meet Toshi Moshi, your friendly guide into the world of crypto.
  • Getting Started With Bitcoin
      Crypto has a steep learning curve and can be overwhelming. Rather than try to learn about the entire crypto market all at once, let’s start with Bitcoin!

Beginner's Guide to Bitcoin
Understanding Bitcoin, like what it is, where it came from, and how it works provides a solid foundation for being able to navigate the entire crypto space.

• What is Bitcoin?
      What is Bitcoin? An introduction to the original cryptocurrency.
  • Why Was Bitcoin Created?
      Why was Bitcoin created? Learn about the unique challenges of creating e a digital version of cash.
  • What Problems Did Bitcoin Solve?
      What problems did Bitcoin solve? Previous attempts to create digital cash have failed due to these problems.
  • What is a Distributed Ledger?
      What is a distributed ledger? The first step to understanding how Bitcoin works is to become familiar with the concept of a “distributed ledger”.
  • The Bitcoin System and Its Components
      Bitcoin is more than just a cryptocurrency. It’s a system. Let’s take a look at the different components of the Bitcoin system.

Beginner's Guide to the Bitcoin Network
Learn what the Bitcoin network is, what happens on the Bitcoin network, and why it's important.

Beginner's Guide to Hashing
In order to truly understand how Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies work, it’s crucial to first understand the concept of "hashing".

• What is Hashing?
      In order to truly understand how Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies work, it’s crucial to first understand the concept of “hashing”.
  • How Does Hashing Work?
      Hashing is a mathematical operation that is easy to perform, but extremely difficult to reverse. Learn how it all works.
  • Examples of Hashing
      Let’s look at some examples of hashing and see how the hashing process works using an actual hash function.
  • What Is Hashing Used For?
      What is the purpose of hashing? What exactly is hashing used for?

Beginner's Guide to Bitcoin Mining
Learn what Bitcoin mining is and how it works. The inner workings of mining bitcoin are demystified. It's not as complicated as you might think it is.

• What is Bitcoin Mining?
      Learn what Bitcoin mining is and understand why it’s needed to make the whole Bitcoin system work.
  • What is a Mempool?
      Learn about the mempool, a temporary storage area for pending transactions waiting to be confirmed.
  • What is a Bitcoin Miner?
      Learn about a special type of Bitcoin nodes that do the crucial work of confirming transactions.
  • How Bitcoin Mining Works
      Bitcoin mining is required for new transactions to get added to the blockchain. Learn how this process works.

Beginner's Guide to Blockchain
Learn what a blockchain is and how it’s related to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

Beginner's Guide to Bitcoin Wallets
In order to send or receive bitcoins, you need to use a Bitcoin "wallet". Learn what a wallet is, the different types, and how to use them.

Beginner's Guide to Digital Signatures
Digital signatures are a fundamental building block in cryptocurrencies. Learn what they are and how they work.

The course is a good starter for a beginner.  It explains the lessons clearly and even sets graphical presentation of the topic.  So I share the course by listing the courses and topic inside the course to have a glimpse on what is tackled before getting linked out of the forum.

Source: https://www.babypips.com/crypto/learn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitDane (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2022, 11:12:54 PM

Reserve
SquirrelJulietGarden

Activity: 1302
Merit: 726

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 03:40:16 AM
Merited by MAAManda (1), BitDane (1)

I did not read contents, courses for Bitcoin shared by you.

Why don't use the Orange color?.

Dark is for some other coins, not for Bitcoin. We are all familiar with Bitcoin with Orange that is a brand color for bitcoin.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
BitDane (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2022, 05:30:05 AM

I did not read contents, courses for Bitcoin shared by you.

Why don't use the Orange color?.

Dark is for some other coins, not for Bitcoin. We are all familiar with Bitcoin with Orange that is a brand color for bitcoin.

Thanks for the suggestion, the new color looks nicer than black as a background shade.  I shared the course without thinking the Bitcoin color branding.  But as I changed it, it looks nicer to the eye.

Actually the full course goes up to the altcoin lesson, I just cut the altcoin parts because I don't think it is necessary for newbies and will make the thread too long making it boring at first glance.  Maybe I can put the altcoin course on the 2nd post since I had it on reserved.
Solosanz

Activity: 784
Merit: 562

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 06:18:44 AM

There's so many contents they created in this site, but after I visit the first content and I read it, I find this articles are complete trash since they didn't even can distinguish between cryptocurrency aka shitcoins and Bitcoin.

Read the quoted part below.

Cryptocurrencies are decentralized.

Unlike traditional currencies, also known as “fiat” currencies, such as the U.S. dollar, cryptocurrencies are not connected to any government or central bank.

For example, the U.S. dollar is issued and controlled by the Federal Reserve (“Fed”), the euro by the European Central Bank (ECB), and the Japanese yen by the Bank of Japan (BOJ).

Cryptocurrencies are decentralized

This means that, unlike fiat currencies, cryptocurrencies are not controlled by a central authority.
There is no bank or government behind them. This defining feature of cryptocurrencies is known as decentralization.

If no central bank or government issues or creates cryptocurrencies, then who creates them?

Units of a cryptocurrency are generated based on predetermined rules written in code which are executed by software.

Crypto Software

One of the most important aspects of cryptocurrencies is their supply since this heavily determines their utility and value.
Cryptocurrencies aka centralized shitcoins are decentralized? No way, it's similar like people who leave most of their coins on Binance, because they think Binance is safe due to SAFU.

And then they said supply is heavily determine the utility and value, there's many centralized shitcoins has limited supply and lower than Bitcoin, does those shitcoins are better than Bitcoin in terms of utility and value?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
BitDane (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2022, 07:09:11 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2022, 07:23:52 AM by BitDane

There's so many contents they created in this site, but after I visit the first content and I read it, I find this articles are complete trash since they didn't even can distinguish between cryptocurrency aka shitcoins and Bitcoin.

Not to argue with you but how much do you know about cryptocurrency?  Did you know Bitcoin is under the umbrella of cryptocurrency? Bitcoin is known as cryptocurrency and altcoin is another part of cryptocurrency.  Cryptocurrency can be centralized  or decentralized depending on the developers control on the Blockchain but originally it is decentralized because the first cryptocurrency that is still existing is Bitcoin. With that, in this lesson  Bitcoin is taken as example of a cryptocurrency so I do not think there is wrong about the authors explanation.  The fact that your understanding about cryptocurrency is moot, I do not think that there is more on what you are saying.  I do respect your point of view but straighten it out first before uttering non-sense stuff. else  keep it by yourself and don't mislead anyone that cryptocurrency is only shitcoins.

edit.. add on..

And then they said supply is heavily determine the utility and value, there's many centralized shitcoins has limited supply and lower than Bitcoin, does those shitcoins are better than Bitcoin in terms of utility and value?

Note the word heavily determined, the article does not say the only one to determine... see the difference?  Of course there are several factor that determine the price, value and utility of a cryptocurrency, these are the demand and supply.  Never factor out the demand because without the demand, no matter how little your supply is it will be worthless.  Now taking the situation in the same ground, both have the same amount of demand but Coin A has more circulating coins than Coin B.  which do you think have higher price?  Which do you think have better value and which one would you think that has better utility? 

In the given example it simply shows that supply heavily determined the utility and value of a coins.
Solosanz

Activity: 784
Merit: 562

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 08:14:56 AM

Not to argue with you but how much do you know about cryptocurrency?  Did you know Bitcoin is under the umbrella of cryptocurrency? Bitcoin is known as cryptocurrency and altcoin is another part of cryptocurrency.  Cryptocurrency can be centralized  or decentralized depending on the developers control on the Blockchain but originally it is decentralized because the first cryptocurrency that is still existing is Bitcoin. With that, in this lesson  Bitcoin is taken as example of a cryptocurrency so I do not think there is wrong about the authors explanation.  The fact that your understanding about cryptocurrency is moot, I do not think that there is more on what you are saying.  I do respect your point of view but straighten it out first before uttering non-sense stuff. else  keep it by yourself and don't mislead anyone that cryptocurrency is only shitcoins.
Currently there's 22,099 coins on coinmarketcap, while Bitcoin is just 1 from 22,099 coins. This mean 22,098 are altcoins which is cryptocurrencies in general. If the authors want to discuss about Bitcoin, he need to wrote "Bitcoin", not "cryptocurrencies" since it's general and full of shitcoins. Write "cryptocurrencies" and explain it's about "Bitcoin" are completely misleading their users, don't mix about it.

Note the word heavily determined, the article does not say the only one to determine... see the difference?  Of course there are several factor that determine the price, value and utility of a cryptocurrency, these are the demand and supply.  Never factor out the demand because without the demand, no matter how little your supply is it will be worthless.  Now taking the situation in the same ground, both have the same amount of demand but Coin A has more circulating coins than Coin B.  which do you think have higher price?  Which do you think have better value and which one would you think that has better utility? 

In the given example it simply shows that supply heavily determined the utility and value of a coins.
Heavily determined mean at least 51% the utility and value about the coin are came from supply.

Also utility and value are different with price, utility is the purpose of the coin, value is the uniqueness, while price is just price which can be easily get manipulated if you're centralized and a whale. A shitcoin can have a fixed supply, but there's no utility and value because they're centralized and copycat.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
BitDane (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2022, 12:26:41 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2022, 12:48:48 PM by BitDane

Currently there's 22,099 coins on coinmarketcap, while Bitcoin is just 1 from 22,099 coins. This mean 22,098 are altcoins which is cryptocurrencies in general. If the authors want to discuss about Bitcoin, he need to wrote "Bitcoin", not "cryptocurrencies" since it's general and full of shitcoins. Write "cryptocurrencies" and explain it's about "Bitcoin" are completely misleading their users, don't mix about it.

Just tell me whether Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency or not. If you can prove to me that Bitcoin isn't a cryptocurrency then by all means I'll acknowledge  that I am wrong. Besides Bitcoin often represents cryptocurrencies.

Note the word heavily determined, the article does not say the only one to determine... see the difference?  Of course there are several factor that determine the price, value and utility of a cryptocurrency, these are the demand and supply.  Never factor out the demand because without the demand, no matter how little your supply is it will be worthless.  Now taking the situation in the same ground, both have the same amount of demand but Coin A has more circulating coins than Coin B.  which do you think have higher price?  Which do you think have better value and which one would you think that has better utility?  

Heavily determined mean at least 51% the utility and value about the coin are came from supply.

Also utility and value are different with price, utility is the purpose of the coin, value is the uniqueness, while price is just price which can be easily get manipulated if you're centralized and a whale. A shitcoin can have a fixed supply, but there's no utility and value because they're centralized and copycat.

Utility from definition :

I do not need to reiterate, that image simply tells what utility is.  When you talk about profitability, it automatically include pricing or value.  Just give facts not personal assumption Smiley.  No one is denying that many altcoin are presumed centralized because of their nature of governance.

Just read my reply on the factor determining the value of a cryptocurrency.  I also state no matter how scarce your coins is as long as there is no demand for it, it will be worthless
Never factor out the demand because without the demand, no matter how little your supply is it will be worthless.

Demand gives value while supply saturates that value. So it is a wrong assumption that supply gives value to the coin but how much it worth when there is a demand depends on the coin saturation or coin supply.

there's no utility and value because they're centralized and copycat.

It is not because it is a copycat but because it has no demand.

Doan9269

Activity: 854
Merit: 576

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 02:54:45 PM

Once it comes to learning the differences from bitcoin and cryptocurrency, there are many ways one can adopt and use in teaching and enlightnening people about them, every bitcoin is under cryptocurrency but not all cryptocurrencies are bitcoin which is the kore reason they were often refered to as altcoins, there are many materials that can be sourced from the internet or right from the forum here through the search function button, then one will also need more time to study and learn from boards discussions on the forum.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██