Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:33:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC or altcoin  (Read 4156 times)
Wiwo

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2023, 07:37:50 PM

For speculators, the altcoin is their best choice since they are in for short-term gains they are just like gamblers you predict their outcomes based on hypes and short-term analysis, but if you are looking at the long-term investment you should probably look at the direction of Bitcoin and other stablecoins who are less volatile free from pump just like altcoins.
-bitcoin seems to be the most reliable coin to hold for the long term without fear of the total collapse of price.
-Bitcoin is less volatile, compared to most altcoins which are highly volatile and risky to hold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patrol69

Activity: 560
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 30, 2023, 07:42:46 PM

I have always believed in Bitcoin. If I am told to invest between Bitcoin and ALT Coin, I will definitely invest in Bitcoin. Because I have seen Cryptocurrency and other currencies are very dependent on Bitcoin. When the market of Bitcoin increases, the market of other Cryptocurrency coins increases slightly, but when the price of Bitcoin is dumping a little, the same Cryptocurrency is dumping the value of other coins a lot. I think Bitcoin has a stability in the market that no other coin has. And for long term investment Bitcoin is far better than other coins. Investing in Bitcoin for the long term is much less risky. So I have always trusted Bitcoin and already I have been rewarded for trusting Bitcoin.  So if I was asked to choose between Bitcoin and ALT Coin, I would definitely choose Bitcoin.
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 01:53:29 AM

there's reason why so many big investment firm and companies are having their big share of investments in btc and not in alts because they know it's relatively safe investment and could still gives good ROI.
the thing is, with alts even though sometimes the ROI is indeed multiple folds of btc, but it also carries risk, you could judge if you happened to hold coins like luna and ftt i'm sure by now you're already broke but if you hold btc its just losing some fraction of its value.
But also many of those company now are investing in altcoins because of cheaper and they trusted to be providing good returns.

I in the past I knew that Only Bitcoin will give me great income but nowadays? there are several altcoins that i trusted and keep in my folio .

For me when bear market start trading pair switch to alt/usd and scalp trading or buy when dip happen. When bullmarket start switch back to alt/btc. Keep in mind many alt will dien when bear market hit, even exchanges will gone with customers fund, last cycle most altcoin only pump 2000% same as btc did, so whats the point holding alt, that depend on your strategy when trading alt/btc or alt/usd
so what would be the best strategy?

Bitcoin or altcoins?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2023, 01:40:52 PM

for investment I recommend going to Altcoins, but for trading of course Bitcoin can be an option, the reason is very easy, that altcoins can make you achieve 100x profit on investment,
it's just that you have to really choose alrcoin investments which are good in terms of fundamentals , yes there are lots of potential altcoins, for example Nervos and Verasity,
try investing in these altcoins and wait for the bull market to come.

For a long-term investment, I'll choose BTC and some of the altcoins that I think the price will skyrocket in the future if you are holding for a long period of time. And, taking advantage of the crypto market is profitable if you have a target percent that you want to earn for a day when doing future trading with BTC doing a scalping strategy.
Sure, investing in BTC and selected altcoins for the long term can potentially yield high returns. Additionally, engaging in short term future trading with a scalping strategy can also be profitable if executed correctly. It's important to have a well-researched investment strategy and be aware of the risks involved in the highly volatile crypto market.
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1386
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2023, 05:08:09 PM

you can invest in both Ethereum and bitcoin both have shiner future. I will suggest you to not replace bitcoin with any other coin as all other coins have no guarantee that what will be its future. I think that investment in new coins does not make it possible for giving you good payback. If you have more knowledge about cryptocurrency then just gain knowledge about coins having promising future and which can be valuable like that of bitcoin.

Every person has own opinion but I will suggest you that never alter your bitcoin with some other cryptocurrency, but if you want to change your investment then you should choose Ethereum because it is the second successful coin in cryptocurrency industry after the bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 05, 2023, 06:00:36 AM

for investment I recommend going to Altcoins, but for trading of course Bitcoin can be an option, the reason is very easy, that altcoins can make you achieve 100x profit on investment,
it's just that you have to really choose alrcoin investments which are good in terms of fundamentals , yes there are lots of potential altcoins, for example Nervos and Verasity,
try investing in these altcoins and wait for the bull market to come.

For a long-term investment, I'll choose BTC and some of the altcoins that I think the price will skyrocket in the future if you are holding for a long period of time. And, taking advantage of the crypto market is profitable if you have a target percent that you want to earn for a day when doing future trading with BTC doing a scalping strategy.
Sure, investing in BTC and selected altcoins for the long term can potentially yield high returns. Additionally, engaging in short term future trading with a scalping strategy can also be profitable if executed correctly. It's important to have a well-researched investment strategy and be aware of the risks involved in the highly volatile crypto market.
Yes it is the right decision specially Bitcoin for long term investment it is no doubt,
if you talk about the short term, the scalping strategy will be very suitable,
besides that what must be considered is that in choosing coins for trading it must be right.
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
February 05, 2023, 02:52:39 PM

If asked to choose who you deserve to invest today, of course in Altcoins, I especially specialize in altcoins in the AI category,
because this year it is confirmed that AI will dominate the market and that has been mentioned by ELon Musk on his Twitter, don't miss it,
OCEAN and FET is the best example of an altcoin from that category.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WatChe

Activity: 910
Merit: 543

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2023, 04:01:12 PM

I have always believed in Bitcoin. If I am told to invest between Bitcoin and ALT Coin, I will definitely invest in Bitcoin. Because I have seen Cryptocurrency and other currencies are very dependent on Bitcoin. When the market of Bitcoin increases, the market of other Cryptocurrency coins increases slightly, but when the price of Bitcoin is dumping a little, the same Cryptocurrency is dumping the value of other coins a lot. I think Bitcoin has a stability in the market that no other coin has. And for long term investment Bitcoin is far better than other coins. Investing in Bitcoin for the long term is much less risky. So I have always trusted Bitcoin and already I have been rewarded for trusting Bitcoin.  So if I was asked to choose between Bitcoin and ALT Coin, I would definitely choose Bitcoin.

The market is very much hooked up with bitcoin. When bitcoin is up the whole market is up and when bitcoin goes down everything goes down. I don't think there is any benefit of investing in Alts since they are dependent on bktcoin. Then why not invest in bitcoin at first place?
If I have some spare cash that is left after bitcoin investment, I only buy alts from that cash. These days I have few MATIC with me and I am loving them.
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1552
Merit: 157

View Profile
February 05, 2023, 04:42:19 PM

I recently made some money through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, and I'm considering using it to purchase some Bitcoin. Only a tiny sum, roughly $800, is involved. What do you suggest doing right now? Purchase some Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency with a promising future.

What replacement coins would you recommend?
if you don't want to buy bitcoin with the money you get then I think you should buy a binance coin or pancake token because the burning tokens that they keep doing make their supply of tokens less and less and the price will definitely go up.

kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 06, 2023, 09:14:28 AM

I recently made some money through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, and I'm considering using it to purchase some Bitcoin. Only a tiny sum, roughly $800, is involved. What do you suggest doing right now? Purchase some Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency with a promising future.

any Update mate? what have you decided? it is more interesting if you are truly investing here and not just created the thread to spam ,

asking us what can be the decision? for me it is better to make it half, Bitcoin for the half and altcoins for another half?

it is safer and more practical to have than just pure altcoins or in pure bitcoin.
We've seen behavior like this over and over again not even a single reply to the thread he made. So I doubt he did it and with $ 800 to devided to altcoins is not wise in my opinion indeed altcoins if you are lucky can provide big and fast profits and that is equal to the risk of losing too. Bitcoin is the best option by continuing to add it in the long run he will see his assets go up maybe not thousands of percent but it's still better than just keeping it in the bank, or an altcoin that if he chooses the wrong one will only make him lose money.
yes , maybe this thread is solely created for bumping or for personal intentions . and maybe? reporting this for closure to the admin will  help stopping the spam.

But like what most says here ? like me I will be for diversification and of course for will keep more for bitcoin than altcoins with small portion only.

bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2023, 09:40:32 AM

in my opinion it's better for you to choose bitcoin because bitcoin has good potential for the long term. but you can also buy altcoins, as long as you have to be able to choose good altcoins and have good potential for the future.
You can choose bitcoin of course but at least try to invest in other altcoins with small percentage of your money , yeah safest bitcoin is but sometimes other altcoins move high in speed comparing to Bitcoin that mostly stays stagnant in value for long time.
waiting for every halving can be boring when you can also risk in some alts that had safe position like Ethereum, Binance or even ripple .
Bitcoin is a good option as there is no short-term or long-term risk.  altcoins are a higher risk option including the top potential altcoins in the market that could all crash horribly like (Terra and FTX).  I also don't deny that altcoins have huge growth potential but it's better not to put them all in one basket.  Diversifying portfolio by combining btc and altcoins is the best way I've learned.
Move on about those scam altcoin project instead try to find which are now safer than those who had a best promise and many have been a victim.

if you don't want to buy bitcoin with the money you get then I think you should buy a binance coin or pancake token because the burning tokens that they keep doing make their supply of tokens less and less and the price will definitely go up.
not sure if this is intend to happen mate , and there is no assurance in sooner time for the increase continuously .

inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
February 06, 2023, 03:22:18 PM

Bitcoin is still an easy x5 in the next bull run. So I choose bitcoin over the ever-dangerous and unstable altcoins. Although, if allowed, I will choose both. I just need to diversify my crypto investments as well. There are the safest altcoins at the top most of the ranks, ETH and BNB are my favorite picks. But I also risked some on other altcoins that are highly volatile but have the potential of earning more than the top altcoins and bitcoin.

So it is a matter of personal preference. The most important is to DYOR and invest the money we can only afford to lose. The higher the risk, the higher than reward but bitcoin is always the safest investment in crypto, and 2nd and 3rd are not even close.
It seems to me that no one can guarantee you a stable x5 for bitcoin in the next cycle. The big question here is, at what marks can that theoretical x5 be? Although altcoins have more risk, the reward is also much higher than bitcoin.

High rewards but also with high risks to rugpull. Take a look at the drama that happened to LUNA, FTX, they were the top altcoins that were trusted by the community but in the end they collapsed and hurt a lot of people. Indeed, no one guarantees bitcoin will get 5x easily, but when compared to having to wait 10x from altcoins and dropping to rugpull is very risky. Bitcoin is still the best for the long term, it will not drop to zero and will not be a rug pull.

Yes, of course, there are no guarantees that bitcoin can raise x5 in the next cycle hence I also said that we should only invest an amount that we can afford to lose. I just felt it and I am confident that bitcoin reaches a minimum of $100k in the next cycle. It went x20 something in the last cycle so a x5 might be very doable in this coming cycle.

Altcoins are very dangerous, even the top altcoins but I am a gambler anyways so I also have investments in them. But around 50% of my portfolio is in bitcoin. The only chance for altcoins to surpass it is if they go to Mars because bitcoin voyage is only to the moon. Cheesy

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 08, 2023, 05:56:35 AM

I recommend you choose bitcoin to avoid the risk of scam projects from new altcoins, or you can also select popular altcoins like Ethereum or BNB. Actually, both are quite good, but it all depends on the strategy you will use. You can choose a high-priced, or low-priced asset, or you can choose a more volatile crypto to go short.

Anyway, choosing bitcoin would be better, but if you want to choose an altcoin then choose between Ethereum or BNB. beyond that, it looks like the risk will be even higher.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Shobhikhan_007

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2023, 09:43:09 AM

If you are looking for promising future then you need to buy only bitcoins. If you want to bet your 800$ then go for altcoins.

My advice is just don't buy right now bitcoins. Just wait till it more down.

But if you really want to buy altcoins then consider ETH,BNB. Because ETH will be there untill bitcoin survive and BNB will there untilbinance there.  Wink
yohananaomi

Activity: 2380
Merit: 267

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
February 08, 2023, 09:39:12 PM

I recommend you choose bitcoin to avoid the risk of scam projects from new altcoins, or you can also select popular altcoins like Ethereum or BNB. Actually, both are quite good, but it all depends on the strategy you will use. You can choose a high-priced, or low-priced asset, or you can choose a more volatile crypto to go short.

Anyway, choosing bitcoin would be better, but if you want to choose an altcoin then choose between Ethereum or BNB. beyond that, it looks like the risk will be even higher.
bitcoin is indeed the best advice and I really agree with your suggestion for that and avoid new projects that seem lucrative but actually a lot of fraud.
but indeed with funds that big of course if bitcoin is clearly the value you get is small and if you want you can also with altcoins, once again I also agree with you that ethereum and BNB are the best in altcoins.
but that doesn't mean there aren't other good altcoins, if you want to analyze, of course you will find or more easily the one that is in the best ranking on CMC to choose from.

Wiwo

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2023, 10:13:30 PM

For long-term holding you can consider holding bitcoin, the altcoin is not the best choice for a beginner and since you just want to make gains you need to be very careful not to get deceived into investing in some quick pump-and-dump scheme called projects with promising future I can't refer to any project as promising because altcoin future is a gamble since most of them a just speculative and high-risk venture so you need to.
- set your priority right, what you want via what you will get and when you will get that expected result.
- Most altcoins can promise you X amount of profits in a certain time, but the possibility of having that reality in what is not certain and guaranteed
lepbagong

Activity: 2296
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 09, 2023, 01:03:55 AM

because there are so many choices, of course for altcoins it is only intended for the best ranking, but for new projects it is recommended not to be detained because so far there have been many problems because there are almost a lot of scams.
So if I have to choose, obviously I will stick with the bitcoin option because bitcoin is very well tested, the best so far and always profitable for those who hold it, there are no complaints if you really want to be patient because bitcoin is a long term investment.

btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

View Profile
February 09, 2023, 06:25:36 AM

If you are looking for promising future then you need to buy only bitcoins. If you want to bet your 800$ then go for altcoins.
what about dividing to different coins aside from bitcoin only?
stupid idea , why not now? what if Bitcoin grows more then he will never have a chance to buy?

the moment you can carry buying then do it right away lol.

But if you really want to buy altcoins then consider ETH,BNB. Because ETH will be there untill bitcoin survive and BNB will there untilbinance there.  Wink

at least top 20 coins can be considered specially if itis for years of holding.

fzkto

Activity: 2268
Merit: 439

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 09, 2023, 08:58:19 AM

what about dividing to different coins aside from bitcoin only?
stupid idea , why not now? what if Bitcoin grows more then he will never have a chance to buy?

the moment you can carry buying then do it right away lol.

at least top 20 coins can be considered specially if itis for years of holding.
Altcoins are not suitable for long term holding, or rather such altcoins are very few and the chance of guessing in this casino is very low. Look at the top 20 three years ago and you will see completely different coins, with the exception of a few. So for long term investing it is really better to choose bitcoin.

HUGE
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2023, 02:27:41 PM

there are two scenario when ever we want to invest in crypto. if we have good amount of fund to invest, looking for long term profit and our family conditions  also very good then we should choose only BTC. btc is safest coin for long term and from start to today its holder never disappointed. Bitcoin is 2x down from ATH and in next bull season analysis says that Btc will reach 100k and 4x is good profit in above mentioned condition.

some time we have very low budget to invest and can only hold for some time then investing in btc will not bring good results. at this situation we should invest in Altcoin. now question is in which Altcoin? you can choose those coin which have strong community and most hyped.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀