Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:09:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A _new_ currency has to be fair  (Read 6183 times)
ssaCEO

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 01:15:34 AM

Capitalism is fair.

I totally disagree with this.

Capitalism is the main root of the today world's most barbarous problems like: hungry, wars, diseases, poverty, pollution, waste, envy, competition, etc and etc...

I'm about to begin the end of capitalism. By starting a new, moneyless, society.

The Bitcoin / Litecoin / Namecoin will be heavily used during the transition of this sick society, to the new one.

Best!
Thiago

Good grief. Either you must be the most intelligent person ever, who's finally solved all the world's problems, or you've never read a book or newspaper in your life. You'd think 70 years of corrupt communists robbing, executing and torturing their citizens would give people pause before writing something as idiotic as "a new, moneyless, society." Apparently, there's an endless supply of stupid people who're willing believe in this ****.

There's never gonna be a moneyless society, dude. So stop wasting your time and go make some money. Money = proof of work. Bitcoin = proof of work. Even if you killed 99% of the people on earth, you'd still have to give the people who were left an incentive to do things for you, or for each other, because everyone works for themselves first. That's the Big Lesson of communism: No one wants to work for you or some other guy for free. The only moneyless society, ever, was Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge. And they starved and executed 1/4th of their population and put the rest into slavery for a bowl of rice a day to make them work. Is that what you call a healthy society? The opposite of the "sick" one we live in now? Go to Cambodia. Go to the museum at Tuol Seng and look at the bones, and think about whether any state has a right to dictate to other people how their freedom and labor should be used.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 01:16:07 AM

Any new digital currency is going to be worth right next to zero at the beginning. And therefore anyone who invests real money on a new highly speculative currency is going to make a lot of money if it succeeds.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 01:40:56 AM

Capitalism is fair.

I totally disagree with this.

Capitalism is the main root of the today world's most barbarous problems like: hungry, wars, diseases, poverty, pollution, waste, envy, competition, etc and etc...

I'm about to begin the end of capitalism. By starting a new, moneyless, society.

The Bitcoin / Litecoin / Namecoin will be heavily used during the transition of this sick society, to the new one.

Best!
Thiago

Good grief. Either you must be the most intelligent person ever, who's finally solved all the world's problems, or you've never read a book or newspaper in your life. You'd think 70 years of corrupt communists robbing, executing and torturing their citizens would give people pause before writing something as idiotic as "a new, moneyless, society." Apparently, there's an endless supply of stupid people who're willing believe in this ****.

There's never gonna be a moneyless society, dude. So stop wasting your time and go make some money. Money = proof of work. Bitcoin = proof of work. Even if you killed 99% of the people on earth, you'd still have to give the people who were left an incentive to do things for you, or for each other, because everyone works for themselves first. That's the Big Lesson of communism: No one wants to work for you or some other guy for free. The only moneyless society, ever, was Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge. And they starved and executed 1/4th of their population and put the rest into slavery for a bowl of rice a day to make them work. Is that what you call a healthy society? The opposite of the "sick" one we live in now? Go to Cambodia. Go to the museum at Tuol Seng and look at the bones, and think about whether any state has a right to dictate to other people how their freedom and labor should be used.

I don't care. I'll make it happen.

Money is a FALSE incentive.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 01:46:51 AM

Suddenly there are many threads about essentially the same thing. I love Bitcoin but I'm also an advocate of a resource-based economy. Please read the thread "Occupy Round Table on Bitcoin" for further information. Especially the people who can't even imagine a world without money need to read it.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 01:50:59 AM

OMG - I just realized how unfair the US$ is because people had a chance to get in early before I was born. Not fair - I was born with nothing and there were people already with millions and billions of those dollar bills who had a better chance to make more when I had none.

We need to reorganize the world to be fair to each new born baby and Bitcoin isn't going to do that so I'm putting together a new one called "BabyCoin". Every new born baby gets assigned 1000000 BabyCoins so they start out rich and we all compete fair in this New World Order.

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 01:56:47 AM

OMG - I just realized how unfair the US$ is because people had a chance to get in early before I was born. Not fair - I was born with nothing and there were people already with millions and billions of those dollar bills who had a better chance to make more when I had none.

We need to reorganize the world to be fair to each new born baby and Bitcoin isn't going to do that so I'm putting together a new one called "BabyCoin". Every new born baby gets assigned 1000000 BabyCoins so they start out rich and we all compete fair in this New World Order.

Humans are the only species that pay to live on the Earth.

Activity: 438
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 01:57:49 AM

Any new digital currency is going to be worth right next to zero at the beginning. And therefore anyone who invests real money on a new highly speculative currency is going to make a lot of money if it succeeds.
Since you aren't offering any grounding for your assertion, I won't trouble myself to ground this one: Betting against bitcoin has a greater expectation of profit than "investing" in it. If you have a bitcoin, sell it now for your preferred currency, as bitcoins will eventually be of negligible value.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 02:02:56 AM

Humans don't "pay to live on the earth."  They pay each other toward mutual benefit so that they don't starve and suffer in perpetual poverty and discomfort.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 02:04:06 AM

All currencies and monetary systems exist to benefit the arbitrary few at the expense of the many. They are artificial contrivances that have no relationship to the real world, the interconnectedness of humanity and the symbiotic and emergent nature of the universe from which we spring. Bitcoin being the latest iteration of a contrived and purely artificial scarcity, but in so doing probably being the best example of what money really is and eventually showing how obsolete and unnecessary it has become.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 02:04:14 AM

I'm sure that we, humans, do not need any kind of money to organize our society.

In fact, I'm so sure that we will live much better without money.
The technology will evolve much faster, for example...
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 02:14:54 AM

"If you build it, he will come"...

Never mind guys... I don't like to stay on words...

I'm saying this because I believe in something:

We do not need to compete each other, we must cooperate to make the Earth, the most amazing place of the Universe!

So, to start the development of this new society, I just bought a huge farm in here Brazil, with little rivers, wind, much solar light, etc... All the resources needed to develop a new, open source, society, without money.

"If you build them, they will come."

Best!
Thiago
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 02:20:16 AM

We do not need to compete each other, we must cooperate to make the Earth, the most amazing place of the Universe!

So, to start the development of this new society, I just bought a huge farm in here Brazil, with little rivers, wind, much solar light, etc... All the resources needed to develop a new, open source, society, without money.

Best!
Thiago
Sounds like "The Mosquito Coast" by Paul Theroux and we know how that turned out.
But it sounds like a fun adventure for a while.

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 02:21:00 AM

Humans don't "pay to live on the earth."  They pay each other toward mutual benefit so that they don't starve and suffer in perpetual poverty and discomfort.

Yeah... THAT does not happen today. Right?!

You can grow food by planting money.

The poor people was created by "the system", by the establishment.

People who die of hunger today, die because they have no money, not because the Earth is not able to feed them.

So, the system we live today have a serious problem. It is totally WRONG! Unfair... Crap... Which leads us to wars... That is so stupid!!!
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 02:26:34 AM

Humans don't "pay to live on the earth."  They pay each other toward mutual benefit so that they don't starve and suffer in perpetual poverty and discomfort.

Yeah... THAT does not happen today. Right?!

You can grow food by planting money.

The poor people was created by "the system", by the establishment.

People who die of hunger today, die because they have no money, not because the Earth is not able to feed them.

So, the system we live today have a serious problem. It is totally WRONG! Unfair... Crap... Which leads us to wars... That is so stupid!!!

So why did people die in the past?
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 02:27:07 AM

Best!
Thiago
Sounds like "The Mosquito Coast" by Paul Theroux and we know how that turned out.

You are invited to live with us.

We'll start our project, the experimental city, using the open source tools called "Open Source Ecology - GVCS".

Any surplus produced in our city, such as food, clothing, open source industries products, will be sold out by Bitcoins / Litecoins.

Until the day that we will be the majoritary group, so, everyone else will be absorved by our new system. Which will take care of all of us.

ADDED: And the money, including the Bitcoin, will be left in our past.

Cheers,
Thiago
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 03:01:23 AM

We'll start our project, the experimental city, using the open source tools called "Open Source Ecology - GVCS".

Any surplus produced in our city, such as food, clothing, open source industries products, will be sold out by Bitcoins / Litecoins.

Until the day that we will be the majoritary group, so, everyone else will be absorved by our new system. Which will take care of all of us.

Cheers,
Thiago
I'd be tempted except for lack of travel funds and that I'm already living in a small village in Thailand. You should consider Thailand: the people are very tolerant of alternative world views and are peaceful due to Buddhist upbringing. Live and let live. There are already communities here that are doing well on their own self-sufficiency programs. They're very independent and also formed the back bone of the anti-government protests this year in Bangkok while providing free instruction on various topics related to self-sufficiency.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 06:46:22 AM

Best!
Thiago

Cheers,
Thiago

I feel compelled to ask...

Suppose this place is set up, and children are born there.

Suppose one day the settlers discover their children trading pretty sea shells for snacks, favors, toys, etc. Furthermore, suppose a few of the children, through no force, fraud, deceit or trickery have accumulated most of the shells, and that a few of the children, through no force, fraud, deceit or trickery, have almost none.

What would you do about the situation?

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Harvey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 06:56:02 AM

Best!
Thiago

Cheers,
Thiago

Suppose one day the settlers discover their children trading pretty sea shells for snacks, favors, toys, etc. Furthermore, suppose a few of the children, through no force, fraud, deceit or trickery have accumulated most of the shells, and that a few of the children, through no force, fraud, deceit or trickery, have almost none.

Re-education camp for those ignorant fiends.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01678/Labour_Camp_1678487c.jpg
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 01:29:01 PM

Best!
Thiago

Cheers,
Thiago

Re-education camp for those ignorant fiends.

The lack of direct, honest answers to all this does make one wonder.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 01:54:02 PM

Nope.

We pay to live comfortably on the Earth.  Take a look at the alternatives.  I'll take money over hunting/gathering in the fucking mud.  In fact that image you posted is a great counter argument the to point I think you were trying to make.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: