Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:22:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Myriad Maze - Official Thread  (Read 375 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pente (OP)

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2022, 11:01:09 AM
Merited by jwinterm (5), cryptapus (5)

Myriad Maze
- Official Announcement -
Multiplayer Dungeon Crawler
Customize and Upgrade Avatar
Find Ancient Memory Cards
Create Powerful Orbs
Map Devious Mazes
Discover Great Treasures
Earn Myriadcoin

Q: What is special about Myriad Maze?
A: Myriad Maze will use Glitter as an unit of barter within the game. Every Glitter will be fully backed (and redeemable) by one Myriadcoin (XMY).

Q: Why use a proof of work crypto coin as the backbone for an in game economy?
A: I wanted a direct economic link with real value. Not a token with artificial (and unsustainable) values set by the founder. I believe this was the original intention of cryptocurrency. Glitter will be fully backed by Myriadcoin.

Q: Why use Myriadcoin and not some other proof of work coin?
A: Myriadcoin was fairly mined using five different algorithms, and has been in existence for over 8 years. It's low market cap and strong fundamentals allows a huge upside for growth.

Q: What is the difference between Myriadcoin and Glitter?
A: While every Glitter is back by one Myriadcoin, making them equal in value, there is one major difference. Glitter is primarily a game cosmetic that can be used to buy cosmetic enhancements for your avatar or bartered with other players. This makes Glitter technically a commodity, while Myriadcoin is technically a cryptocurrency.

Q: Is Myriad Maze a Play-to-Earn game?
A: Myriad Maze is primarily meant to be played for fun and challenge. I believe this should always be the first goal of any game designer. However, I also believe that integrating real economic value can greatly enhance play. There needs to be synergism between people playing for just fun, people trying to earn money, and people that just like the thrill of trading or flipping valuable items.

Q: How do I convert Glitter to Myriadcoin?
A: There will be an in game system that allows you to directly sell Glitter for Myriadcoin. Simply paste your Myriadcoin address, enter the amount of Glitter you wish to sell. Confirm and you will receive the Myriadcoin. For small values, this will be instant. Larger values might require some oversight to prevent problems though.

Q: Will one Glitter always be worth one Myriadcoin?
A: Yes. While I expect Myriad Maze to have some income, I also have a huge reserve of Myriadcoin as backup.

Q: When will Myriad Maze be released?
A: Myriad Maze will be released as Alpha in early 2023. This will just be the maze part of the game with some Glitter to find (that can be immediately redeemed for Myriadcoin) and is mainly to test my server code. Later in 2023, after server testing, I plan to release a Beta version that will implement the full game system where you will be able to sell Glitter, but not buy it. Full version should be ready by 2024 where you can exchange Glitter with Myriadcoin in a one to one ratio.

Q: Will this affect the price of Myriadcoin?
A: I hope so. As of today (Dec 22, 2022), the price of Myriadcoin is below $0.0001 on Bittrex. In other words, you can buy over 10,000 XMY for a single dollar. Market cap is less than $200,000. There are crypto coins with zero utility and zero use with market caps of several million dollars. At one point Myriadcoin had a market cap of nearly $100,000,000 or 500 times today. I wish to demonstrate that real utility can lead to real value even exceeding it's previous market cap. Note that this is not meant to be an investment (or investment advice), but to be a social experiment in the economic value of real utility.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keepmyshirt

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 12:32:16 PM

This is awesome! I remember you mentioning this game a couple of years back. Thank you for working on it! I can’t wait to give this a go. Smiley
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 09:11:21 PM

Noice, following
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2022, 09:00:38 AM

that is a preannounce

Pente (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2023, 08:29:15 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2023, 09:14:39 AM by Pente

Myriad Maze Game Client

Alpha Release

The following code is currently enabled

-Navigate Maze-
Cheesy Get Lost  Cheesy
-Find Glitter-
Grin Sell Glitter for XMY Grin
-Global Chat-

Get Latest Game Client Here
May 13, 2023
Game Client - Alpha Version 0.8

Additional Notes:
Extract folder, enter folder, and click (or double click) MyriadMaze to start game.
Email address is not currently verified, but you do need something to fill out field.
Put a Myriadcoin address in your clipboard before starting game. Although you can log out and server will remember your balance.
To sell glitter, click on avatar, select last tab (XMY symbol), then sell. You can paste an address there.
Currently 1-10 Glitter are dropped in the maze every minute. You can sell one Glitter for one XMY.
Pente (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2023, 06:12:27 AM

Updating Client to Alpha Version 0.2

Increased ping time wait from 160 msec to 400 msec without rubber banding.

Note that this wait time is from the last time you moved and is refreshed whenever you move.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2023, 12:13:36 PM

Is the code available? If not would be nice if you could play using web interface. Or would be nice either way.

Tangentially related - there's another new project that is quite similar in spirit that had second alpha release recently:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Wownero/comments/104ktm4/wowmud_v_002_labyrinth_is_open/
Pente (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2023, 02:05:39 PM

Is the code available? If not would be nice if you could play using web interface. Or would be nice either way.

No. I guess I could release it for the client code, but it would quickly be obsolete and pointless. I plan to keep improving it for at least a few years. The other thing is that I want to avoid bot farming becoming a problem. Quickly changing server-client interactions would part of that solution.

Not sure what you mean by "web interface". Do you mean make it playable from a browser? The game uses FreeGlut which is derived from OpenGL and supposedly compatible with WebGL. The code is written in C and could be easily translated as long as it is a compiled language. Not familiar enough with browsers to know how to do it. I can only do HTML, some CSS, and very limited Javascript (which I don't think is ever compiled).
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2023, 01:41:07 AM

No. I guess I could release it for the client code, but it would quickly be obsolete and pointless. I plan to keep improving it for at least a few years. The other thing is that I want to avoid bot farming becoming a problem. Quickly changing server-client interactions would part of that solution.

Not sure what you mean by "web interface". Do you mean make it playable from a browser? The game uses FreeGlut which is derived from OpenGL and supposedly compatible with WebGL. The code is written in C and could be easily translated as long as it is a compiled language. Not familiar enough with browsers to know how to do it. I can only do HTML, some CSS, and very limited Javascript (which I don't think is ever compiled).

Yes. If the code is available and people can compile themselves, they might be a little more willing to try it out. Or maybe even people would want to help contribute code.

Web interface/playable from browser because that way people don't have to download a closed source binary and run it on their computer to try it out.
Pente (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2023, 07:11:35 PM

Alpha Version 0.4 is out now. Original link updated or you can get it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GnR2jqZD8j_FPG6ioxpixVmJ0oYLLfx9/view?usp=share_link

Main Changes

Occasionally when you pick up Glitter, you might get a low level card too! This will allow opportunity to try out card merging, orb creation, and inventory.

The Despair & Map Sense system has been reworked. Despair renamed to Gloom. Instead of map sense, you have  True Sight. Walls and spaces on map will always display, regardless of Gloom & True Sight level. True Sight allows you to see through illusions and see other stuff besides walls better.

wlc

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 09:10:30 PM

Cool project.

Putting the code on GitHub would make it easy for you to commit changes and for people to help contribute to its development.
Pente (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2023, 05:19:03 PM

Update:

ISP has been giving a lot of problems since early Jan 25. My server receives UDP packets, but they are lost going out. Occasionally, the ISP works for a few hours, then stop working again.

Anyway, I have a new ISP lined up, but they won't be able to install till early March.
Pente (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2023, 09:20:39 AM

Myriad Maze Game Client

Alpha Release 0.8

The following code is currently enabled

-Navigate Maze-
-Collect Cards-
-Create Orbs-
-Kill Elementals-
-Special Abilities-
Cheesy Find Glitter Cheesy
Grin Sell Glitter for XMY Grin
-Global Chat-

Get Latest Game Client Here
May 13, 2023
Game Client - Alpha Version 0.8

Additional Notes:
Extract folder, enter folder, and click (or double click) MyriadMaze to start game.
Email address is not currently verified, but you do need something to fill out field.
Sometimes a Myriadcoin cube will drop. Click on it to get equivalent in glitter. You can sell the glitter at a 1 to 1 ration for XMY.
Put a Myriadcoin address in your clipboard before starting game. Although you can log out and server will remember your balance.
To sell glitter, click on avatar, select last tab (XMY symbol), then sell. You can paste an address there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: