Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:58:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving: If not Bitcoin Wallet then House for Fiat.  (Read 316 times)
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 29, 2022, 01:08:15 PM

If you have enough Fiat currency I will advise you to keep it at home, if you don't want to invest in BTC because Banks will frustrate you by cutting your money every week, every month without even doing any transactions. The bank customers complains every day. We are tired of the complains.

Keep your Fiat at Home if not BTC

That is a very risky proposal and I would not recommend any friends or family to keep their money at home. Just last night did they break in the apartment above my parents and stole a lot of valuables it seems. The neighbors are on vacation over Christmas and came back home only to find their apartment being cleaned out. In my opinion the risk of breakins is too big to have large sums of money at home. Most homes are not designed to safeguard money, you would need to buy a safe where you could store money. But a good safe is expensive and needs to be installed properly, otherwise can criminals just steal the whole safe. That is why I would keep my fiat money at the bank, even if you don't trust the bank. There are a few steps that can help to protect our money at the bank. First of all, make sure it's a big bank with a lot of cusomters and there is no negative news about the bank. The second step would be to spread out your money across multiple banks. Depending on the amount of money you have, I would rather have 2-3 different banks than leaving all your money with one bank. In my country the government guarantees savings accounts from the banks up until 100,000 Euros. So whenever you would get close to that barrier I would recommend to open a new account with a different bank to avoid having uninsured money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4290

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
December 29, 2022, 01:32:31 PM

OP, you are doing the right thing by specifying that everything depends on the country. In the last post, you agreed with this. But not everything is the same everywhere; if you have problems with banks, this is the country's problem. Fix the country, but urging everyone to keep their fiat at home is entirely wrong. You recently told me that you graduated from high school, which means you are still young. Take the advice: money should not be left lying around as dead weight, causing it to depreciate. Today's prices will be different tomorrow; today's amount of your money, which, for example, is enough to buy a good car, will depreciate every day, and someday you will realize that your "dead" money is only enough today to buy tires.
As a result, investing or storing in a bank with interest rates will be the best option.
But I do not know your country, and you are always free to get your own experience for further conclusions.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██