What one change would you like to see in bitcointalk in 2023
(1/22) > >>
UmerIdrees:
2023 will start in about a day or so. There are many suggestions thrown every now and then to improve the forum.

What one change would you like to see in bitcointalk in 2023?

Let's be precise in this discussion and list only a single change that you would like forum admins to make which can make the forum more productive yet it should not lose its traffic.
Welsh:
Reporter badges ;).

Self explanatory, but I think it would help with encouraging reporters. theymos knows this, but obviously has talked about how he wants to implement it correctly, and mitigate abuse of the system. I'd just like to see it implemented even if it's a very basic version. We'd likely have to have some very large tier systems though, as this forum is several years old, and some users have over 100k reports.
tranthidung:
My only wish is to have an update for Epochtalk - a new forum software. As far as I know, since the last update, the new software was mostly done. Just need
TestingImprovingData transitioning
Epochtalk.org
Beta of new forum software now officially openEpochtalk installation readmeWhere is your new Bitcointalk? #RaiseYourVoiceThere are at least 3 trial forums that use Epochtalk's source codes (use them at your own risks)
https://coinbistro.com (by Cryptios team) livewww.cryptos-currencies deadhttps://blog.mocacinno.com/ dead
Last update
Quote from: theymos on February 26, 2019, 12:28:23 AM

The software is substantially complete. The main period of development was a while ago; the current work is mainly just maintenance & relatively minor improvements. Try running it yourself and you'll find that it's working, fast, and nearly feature-complete.

The things blocking a transition from the current software to the new software are:
 - There hasn't been enough testing. I think that immediately after transition, a variety of small missed features, bugs, and performance issues would crop up. As a result, if the transition happened now (which is technically possible!), I'd expect the post-transition user experience to be poor for months while these things are fixed, which I don't want.
 - I am the only bitcointalk.org sysadmin and on-demand programmer, and I'm used to the current software. Furthermore, I need to frequently make changes to the current software, but each change I make might require alterations to Epochtalk, which is problematic.
 - The current PHP software, while ugly and sub-optimal in many ways, performs well, especially since I have extensively modified the backend to add features and improve performance. So I don't feel much urgency.
 - The data-transition procedure still has a few known minor bugs.

We continue to work on these issues. I think that ultimately I may need to hire one or more full-time people, since a big problem is that the full transition is likely to create a ton of work which I won't be able to effectively handle alone.

The software is not vaporware (it's long existed in a runnable state, and is currently basically feature-complete), and is not abandoned (look at the git commit log). If anyone is unhappy with the progress, I invite them to take the Epochtalk code and create a competing forum with it; since they won't have to worry about the transition issues, they'd have a much easier time, and their testing will also end up helping us.

In short: If you want the software quicker, go run your own forum with it, and work to get any problems or missing features you find resolved via bug reports, etc. This would increase public interest, provide much-needed testing, and I might even hire you to work on bitcointalk.org when we're ready to do the final transition here.

Wapfika:
Forum bitcoin wallet and extra security such as sms & 2FA verification. I really like the idea of giving a tip to other user or pay services here without the need to access our main wallet and copy paste the address manually from here just to send someone Bitcoin in the forum.

And also a cool forum marketplace that user can purchase extra feature here in the forum such as custom title, avatar extra modification feature and other things that related on forum profile account decorations.
shahzadafzal:
Mobile App please
Navigation
Message Index
Next page