Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Can Now Be Bought Using Apple pay and Google pay On Binance  (Read 157 times)
MoonOfLife

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 31, 2022, 04:37:10 PM

I think it's the most wrong thing you can do when you care about your privacy.  First of all, it is wrong to buy bitcoins from centralized exchanges, there are better ways to do it, for example Bisq.  Secondly, it is wrong to pay with services such as Google Pay which will keep track of your payments and hand everything over to the authorities if they put pressure.

For us who has been around the cryptospace for quite some time, we may not really trust centralized services to handle things on our behalf. But what Binance is doing is helping those who wanted to try crypto for themselves. For sure people are aware how their data is being handled nowadays, and they still don't care. A lot are still succumbing to social media which farms a lot of your information, so what difference will it make if they decided to not use this and go the hard route just to try cryptocurrencies?

Not that I'm advocating centralization. It's just that the ease of use and access to cryptocurrencies is far greater when you opt to go the centralized route.

This just proves one more thing, centralized exchanges play an important role in making bitcoin popular all over the world. Without Binance or centralized exchanges, bitcoin would never have been so popular and closer to us. I'm not advocating centralization either, but we shouldn't deny its importance either.

@mendace, I suspect that you are still using centralized exchanges, using centralized fiat for your life.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: