Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:24:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Digital dollar a threat to Bitcoin ?  (Read 387 times)
danadc

Activity: 966
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2023, 06:16:03 PM

I would never see the digital dollar as a threat to bitcoin, first because they do not carry the same technology and if they acquire it, it has no limitation or circulation capacity, that is, they will continue printing money causing inflation, bitcoin does not because it has its limitations and They are no longer printed, it cannot be bigger than bitcoin, also if more gold backs it, that is a lie, they do not have any backing, and bitcoin does not have it either, but it is free and has been maturing for a long time, it is a currency that she can run the world if she wants because no one controls her and being free anyone can have access to bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1040

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2023, 06:30:30 PM

Why my dear fellows make a lot of noise on the name of the digital dollar as i think its just nothing but an air ballon whenever you are going to test its durability it is going to disappoint you but bitcoin is a true asset i think there is no comparison for these two completely different entities one is called global asset and one is called global currency a lot of differences. I can see maximum of such posts and topics are created by the newbies but i was expecting something more from OP. 

Franctoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 09, 2023, 06:54:57 PM

It just depends on Government's agenda for releasing the digital dollar (CBDC'S) , which I think one of it plans is total control, because Government likes to control everything, but in a situation where they leave both Bitcoin and the digital dollar to compete there's no way it can be a threat to Bitcoin because the difference is crystal clear.

However, Both Bitcoin and the digital dollar needs each other and the digital dollar will help more in Bitcoin's adoption and success ,
so some of those funds in real estate , bonds, Gold etc need melt into Bitcoin through the digital dollar.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
solehdavid

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2023, 07:56:40 PM

it was said that the digital dollar would be released primarily due to the pandemic and that every American would be given 1000 digital dollars, but I think that's no longer the case at this point. so the dollar had already lost its former strength and it turned into an effort to keep the dollar afloat. but I don't think the digital dollar will have any effect on bitcoin because the digital dollar will be used for daily transactions. so their lanes are completely different
Vampobit

Activity: 56
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 09, 2023, 08:01:02 PM

In my opinion, Bitcoin will never face any threats. Due to the hard cap at 21M coins, Bitcoin will always be scarce and valuable.

The more governments try to kill Bitcoin, the more I understand how valuable Bitcoin is.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 09, 2023, 08:53:01 PM

It's a tricky one, but I absolutely believe that the digital dollar poses a threat to bitcoin. There is a possibility that the federal government will enact absurd taxes and restrictions. There are a number of ways in which this could negatively impact bitcoin owners, and even lead to a desire to sell their assets. As a result, the Fed will provide bitcoin owners with a tempting offer to convert their funds to the digital dollar at an initial one-to-one exchange rate that will eventually depreciate.
Yes, it is a tricky one to say. But I'm viewing the opposite thing where it is the digital dollar (government) who views bitcoin as their enemy and poses a threat and not the other way around. Governments around the world won't be creating such thing like digital currencies if bitcoin is not stressing them out, just like China, they have banned the use of it because they don't know yet how it really works because they cannot control it as well. But they can't blind the people nowadays because eventually, these digital currencies will depreciate because they aren't designed to avoid inflation.
I highly doubt that it's about fear, if you think that governments fear anything, you have no idea how powerful they are. The thing about the current situation is that they are worried about the fact that they could make some huge amounts of money out of this and they are not, and that's what they want to be able to do.

This digital dollar is exactly for that purpose, they want to make a huge amount of profit, and they will make it when they start. It's not about threat, it's about getting rich, and making your friends richer as well. With this digital dollar, they are going to print unlimited amount of money that is going to be sold to public, and that digital dollar will have no value whereas real money will be in politicians pockets.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tjtonmoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 366

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2023, 10:31:15 PM

Cryptocurrencies success was only for its characteristics of being decentralized. While the Digital Dollar and Bitcoin may serve some of the same functions and be used for similar purposes, they have different characteristics and operate within different frameworks. It is possible that the introduction of Digital Dollar could have an impact on the use and adoption of BTC, but it is difficult to predict exactly how this would play out.
And NO, Digital Dollar will never be a threat to BTC.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 09, 2023, 11:12:05 PM

Cryptocurrencies success was only for its characteristics of being decentralized. While the Digital Dollar and Bitcoin may serve some of the same functions and be used for similar purposes, they have different characteristics and operate within different frameworks. It is possible that the introduction of Digital Dollar could have an impact on the use and adoption of BTC, but it is difficult to predict exactly how this would play out.
And NO, Digital Dollar will never be a threat to BTC.
The purpose for which bitcoin being innovated and for what reason these digital dollars were developed needs to be understood. This will clearly define whether digital dollars turn to be a threat for bitcoin. In reality digital dollars were developed to keep people away from bitcoin and to have people's fund under control whereas bitcoin is for financial freedom. So, there's big difference and the same won't let digital dollar to be a threat as mentioned.

OsipBabin

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2023, 03:24:11 AM

I don't think it's possible, they are two totally different things, the dollar, even if it is digital, is still controlled by an institution, and depending on how it is managed, it can generate inflation, directly affecting the currency and the community, on the other hand, bitcoin is free of state restrictions, and despite being volatile, it generates many opportunities for the user, such as having full control of their capital or having much more solid growth opportunities.
Fiat currency digitization and Bitcoin are two entirely different things. Essentially, one submits to the government, one serves everyone, one is still an extension of centralization, digital banknotes, and one is a model of decentralization. I believe that if there is danger, it is only temporary. Don’t panic. The future belongs to the various landing applications brought to us by the underlying technology of the blockchain.
Jensen Guttenberg

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2023, 05:56:30 AM

It is possible that digital dollar could pose a threat to Bitcoin's market share, especially if the digital dollar were widely adopted and used for a larger portion of financial transactions, not with like 15+million transactions per second. However, it is also possible that the two could coexist, with people using both for different purposes. Bitcoin has a strong network effect and a loyal user base, so it is not likely to disappear anytime... Ultimately, it is difficult to predict how the hell two will compete with each other, as it will depend on a variety of factors such as user adoption, the development of new technologies, and changes in economic and regulatory environments.
cloirecrom

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 10, 2023, 05:58:53 AM

usdt,busd,usdc is basicly just digital dollar. it already exist.
as for threat to bitcoin NO. digital dollar will be centralized,
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: