Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:12:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as indestructible asset  (Read 169 times)
summonerrk

Activity: 1358
Merit: 701

Arts & Crypto

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2023, 06:18:36 PM

I did not expect what is seen lately with bitcoin, there is no choice anymore, I adopted it and should be adopted by those who believe in gradual aging and new world. Bitcoin created the road where other cryptocurrencies are passing and building all sorts of programs upon.

Can't it be destroyed?

I will not believe this, it can't be destroyed. I have some considerations.

1) Government: No power of supremacy can be abused here. The government doesn't have power over it because it is not controlled by any central authority. The selflessness of Satoshi Nakamoto made sure of this by not giving room for manipulations.

2) Hacking: Getting to know of many hacking stories of the past about bitcoin was confusing, but none is about the direct bitcoin network but websites and wallets housing it. Most of the websites hacked are custodial, I don't like them.

Not that it is completely impossible to hack the bitcoin network but the needed condition to do so seems impossible to meet. For the proof of work blockchain (PoW) like it, it will take the hacker a very high computing power to take half of the blockchains network before manipulation will be possible. No person or group of person and government can get to the arrangement because this computing power is widely spread.

3) Future: Bitcoin future keeps shining brighter, it came into the lead like a play, it will continue to grow in adoption. Considering the regulation, government will try more and will want to use alts against it but the truth and uncompromising decentralization of the cryptocurrency will speak for it and make it win.

It will get to a time in the future when bitcoin will be the only cryptocurrency the world can trust.

Reference: https://worldcoin.org/articles/can-cryptocurrency-be-hacked

This is the attitude of a real crypto enthusiast!
You correctly described the meaning of bitcoin's immortality. The fact is that there are processes that cannot be destroyed after they start. It's like an epidemic, but in a good way. Bitcoin is distributed like torrents, and it is impossible to destroy it without capturing more than half of the computers.

And even if the state has introduced KYC to most exchanges, you can still always create a new address, and no one will know that it is yours. And mixers will help. What has been started cannot be stopped, thanks to the genius of Satoshi.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███